Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.13.2.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

1MB Capture feature

Discussion in 'MineCraft' started by Floris, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Dear players, we understand that it would be super helpful to go and explore, find a pig, and to want to bring it home. It's tough, because Mojang doesn't allow us to really do this.

Yes, okay, fair point, you can just push them around, but that is a long walk.
    Yes, you can push them into a boat and take them with you on a journey, but you will run into land as well.
    And yes, you can bring a lead with you and walk it home with you, but they break after a while.

Wouldn't it be great if you could just shoot the mob you want with an arrow and poof, instead of killing it, it drops to the ground as a spawn egg? Yeah, I agree, that would be pretty awesome.

We've introduced this feature to our beta testers and then later to our players in 2018. And this was the setup:

The yellow (default) group could shoot one mob, the pig. Sorry, we know, this is not a lot, we will fix that now in 2019. Over the next few months we will add more and more mobs to make this expensive arrow more fun. [edit: This has been adjusted, thread has been updated]

The green (builders) group can shoot the default-group mob, the pig, and two additional mobs, the chicken and sheep. This group will also get access to more mobs in 2019. Starting today! Keep reading. [edit: This has been adjusted, thread has been updated]

The blue (donators) group can shoot the mobs from the default and builders group, and two additional mobs, the cow and rabbit. We will also add more, starting now. [edit: This has been adjusted, thread has been updated]

From March 1st 2019 onwards, this is the new setup:

Default group:
    - Pig / Chicken / Cow

Builders group:
    - Pig / Chicken / Cow / Sheep / Ocelot

Donators group:
    - Pig / Chicken / Cow / Sheep / Ocelot / Rabbit / Parrot / Turtle

If you have any wishes for a mob to get added to your group, please do post it here, we're open to suggestions.

Note that players can also go to the /warp shops, and find the barn. In it are some spawn-egg shops as well.

Okay, some technical information.

To get started with the Capture feature in the game, type: /capture
    Read the information and then go to: /warp capture
    Once there, you can find a shop for an expensive arrow. Yes, expensive ($50,000 to buy), sorry.

Note that if you shoot it with a bow, it is gone. So to prevent having to buy a lot of these, please make sure you use a bow with the Infinity enchantment, that way you can use 1 arrow over and over again.

Each time you shoot a mob with this arrow, it will cost you money as well ($5,000), so pick your targets carefully and don't miss!

If you have the permission to shoot a certain mob, it will drop as a spawn-egg to the floor. Otherwise it will just damage the poor thing. Pick up the egg, take it home or to the spot you want to use it.

"Isn't it cheaper to just get some spawn-eggs from drop parties, events, rewards, etc?"
    Yes, probably, that's also fun. But this can full-fill a need of 'want it now!' and, it's just more RPG, more fun!

Screenshot 2019-01-01 at 13.21.06.png Screenshot 2019-01-01 at 13.22.33.png

Screenshot 2019-01-01 at 13.24.49.png

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  2. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Update!

Starting March 1st 2019, each group will have 1 or 2 more mobs they can capture.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice