Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Allen Iverson to Memphis?

Discussion in 'The Sports Bar' started by aa, Jun 14, 2009.

1. aa

aa OMG Member

Threads:

It seems to me that A.I. is not listening to any of the media, any of the people trying to think negative on him and just be patient and win a championship. Everyone wants Memphis to get Rubio but think about Iverson swapping scorer/point guard with O.J. Mayo? People always are thinking down on A.I. because of his down year with Detroit but doesn't everyone do that? Just imagine this lineup.PG/SG - Allen IversonSG/PG - O.J. MayoSF - Rudy GayPF/C - Marc GasolC - Hasheem ThabeetAlso, Iverson has a trainer who is helping him to become a leader, yes at 34 years old, and win a NBA Championship.Allen Iverson is becoming a distributer, just be patient and watch.

2. CocoBWarez

CocoBWarez OMG Member

Threads:

I want to see iverson in the finals again

3. JODetroitFan

JODetroitFan OMG Member

Threads:

hahaha Iverson can't play PG, I thought we all learned that when he played for the Pistons...

4. Jim8414

Jim8414 OMG Member

Threads:

They have a good young pg right now in conley jr. they dont need ai

5. olivebird111

olivebird111 OMG Member

Threads:

iverson was the best...uh now he's not that great, i hope he becomes better though )=

6. JustKidding

JustKidding OMG Member

Threads:

Of all teams why would he want to go to Memphis?? U say he wants to win a championship. It's kinda tough with a sophomore, hasnt fully developed, sophomore, rookie to win a championship. Grizz's r rebuilding and AI is not part of the process. Rebuilding doesnt mean u bring a 34 yr old in.

7. asen8919

asen8919 OMG Member

Threads:

It doesn't make much sense to me. Mayo and Gay already don't mesh too well because they are both scorers who need the ball. They need a PG who can distribute, which Conley is solid but not great at. AI would give them another guy who dribbles quite a bit and looks for his shot first.

8. Rono

Rono OMG Member

Threads:

If he wants to win, Memphis is not the place. Some teams will never win. Memphis is one of them. They gave the Lake show Gasol for what? Give me a break! He's going to Charlotte or Orlando...

9. AB

AB OMG Member

Threads:

He should come off the bench.

10. mickzzz

mickzzz OMG Member

Threads:

According to rumors Memphis is one of the places AI might go to this off season. But I highly doubt it, the only reason I see why Memphis would go for AI is that they need people to watch their games and AI can do it. Aside from it, I don't think their core of young talent will blend good with AI.The most likely places he will go to is Charlotte. Why? Because the coach who led him to the finals is there, one of the owners (MJ) is a voice AI can't neglect and... the team is filled with role players similar to what AI had when he was still with the sixers. If there is a team right now that needs AI its Charlotte. And there is no other team AI needs right now but Charlotte. He can't play off the bench, he already admitted it so lets forget AI going to another team that has the slightest idea of making him come off the bench.

11. MoBetter

MoBetter OMG Member

Threads:

I agree with you on this point no contender wants iverson ....so yes memphis or any other bad team is on the list.........last point the man is 34 he has never been a leader and that's not going to change.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice