Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Archangel - Kethar Campaign

Discussion in 'Alternate Universe' started by JadeHeretic, Oct 20, 2007.

1. JadeHeretic

JadeHeretic OMG Member

Threads:

The OOC thread for this RP is here.

By Nemmerle

"It didn't matter whether we didn't come back; we were already dead, just living for the next moment, the next mission. I don’t think anyone really believed this was something we’d be allowed to walk away from. To join the Archangels means to believe in something more than yourself, to have complete faith that what you're being told is really all you need to know. Or maybe it just meant you didn’t have anything left to lose. The things we did weren't always nice to do, but they were necessary. I want to believe that can wash the blood from my hands."
    - Lt Col Jask​
    General background (this and the character bio sheet at the end of this post are all you really need to read if you're in a rush) :

You're a member of a Republic black-ops team called the Archangels about to be dropped onto a planet called Kethar during the Mandalorian Wars, (this is a few months after Revan took over the Republic fleet.) Kethar is a heavily industrialised city planet, 80% of its available landmass having been turned into dense urban towers. It is surrounded by an asteroid ring which houses shipyards etc, and it is currently serving as a logistics base to the Mandalorians, hence the reason you're there.​

We should be kicking off within the week provided I get a decent haul of players.​
    The Archangels:

The Archangels are a small black-ops group of less than a hundred men operating within an essentially closed command structure; its members have no official rank in the republic fleet and do not appear in the general access registries. Only those within the strategic planning division and possessing a rank of Fleet Admiral or above are supposed to be aware of their existence and even then the information available is strictly limited. Enlistment is for a non-defined term of service though theoretically Archangels retain whatever rank they achieve in the unit when they return to the republic fleet.

Both men and women of any race are allowed to join provided they can pass the stringent entry requirements including a twenty mile hike in 180 minutes in full fighting order followed by a marksmanship test in which the potential recruit must hit nine out of ten 8 inch targets at 600 yards without cleaning their weapon. There are also stringent mental aptitude, attitude and psychological tests for all recruits. A potential recruit will typical never become aware that they are being considered for entry, the tests being delivered under the pretext of a medical examination and other survival exercises.

Standard Weaponry:

Though the Archangels strictly speaking has no standard weaponry by which they could be identified typical equipment for a five man squad on combat patrol will usually include among other things at least four Assault Rifle type weapons, a scoped squad support weapon, a Heavy Repeater, five rechargeable energy shields, a similar amount of Vibroblades, a directed coms jammer and a couple of sticks of mouldable explosive for each man.
    Archangels will also typically wear a pendant that provides a modest level of protection from sensors and cameras.

Support:

Since the Archangels operate in an almost closed command structure fire support or even logistic backup from starships in the republic fleet is a rare occurrence. Due to this the Archangels obtain most of their support from the local community either through hearts and minds, aggression, or just by buying it through one of the unit's large credit accounts.
    Some starships are completely owned by the group and used for the times when limited support is needed.

Cast as of 17/10/2007:

Akis Akch'nuein - Thel0stcat http://www.therogueforums.com/showpo...20&postcount=2
    Cephas - Nemmerle http://www.therogueforums.com/showpo...15&postcount=7
    Sicari - ArchAngel http://www.therogueforums.com/showpo...56&postcount=6

2. Nemmerle

Nemmerle OMG Member

Threads:
    Re: Archangel - Kethar Campaign

"Alright people we'll be on the deck in five," Ternon, the group's intel officer and pilot spoke to the gathered operatives, "we're going down in the mercenary section of the spaceport. A small premium and no bothers about customs but that goes for everyone else so watch your step. The spaceport isn't actually on the planet itself. You have to dock at the asteroid it's based on and take a shuttle down to the surface, and they do worry about customs at that point. Which brings us to our first order of business."
    A blue hologram flickered into life in the middle of the Loaded Dice's cabin projected down from the ceiling. It traced out hundreds of tunnels and docking bays cut into an asteroid.
    "We're going to need to get stuff down to the planet without going through customs. That means some sort of official transport, we know their own police and military units have the necessary authorisation. The asteroid has a small military base we could take a shuttle from. Once we're on the deck we can abandon it and move on to the next objective. I don't care how you do it and I don't want to know, just get it done. While you're doing that myself and Beta team will be down on the surface securing a base of operations."
    The hyperspace computer let out a series of startled beeps and the ship lurched as it dropped back into normal space.

Above Kethar's dark side a pinprick of light leapt into existence and was swallowed against a backdrop of the sparkling cities below. The Loaded Dice switched to repulsors, white plumes of gas hissed out as it lowered itself into one of the asteroids cavernous docking bays. A blue shimmer twisted the air behind the ship for a moment cutting it off from the stars.
    Searchlights stabbed out from the Dice's hull illuminating the grey bay it had found itself in and the myriad other vessels crammed alongside it. Whirring motors lowered the ship's ramp. Assorted sentients and droids swarming around and between ships in the bay gave the small freighter little notice. Ternon and his team melded into one of the flows of life thronging around the bay and vanished leaving Akis, Cephas and Sicari standing at the bottom of the ramp. A group of three Gamorreans walked up two of them hefting vibroaxes a third hefting a repeating blaster the size of a small cannon.
    "This Hutt Goran's landing bay." Grunted the largest and smelliest of the three fiddling with a ridiculously oversized shield belt that only just managed to reach around his massive folds of fat. "Goran not like people wandering around without payin'. You pay er- landing fee - an' air tax - an an - customs duty."
    "Or we's cuts you into bitsies," filled in one of the smaller Gamorreans.

3. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

Threads:

Akis was just packing her entire gear into a large pack as the trio came. She lifted an eyebrow, and in an amused voice shouted at Cephas.

"hey boss, you've got visitors, it seems the Big Boss forgot to pay for the landing"

4. Nemmerle

Nemmerle OMG Member

Threads:

"Landing fee's already been paid. These'll just be some small time thugs looking to work us over." Cephas said leaning back against the ship. "Tell them to fuck off before I lose my temper."

---

The heavy set Gamorrean reached out to place a large hand on Akis' shoulder while the others fanned out behind him. People in the bay started to flow away from the group.
    "You should pay, thousand credit fee."

5. ArchAngel

ArchAngel OMG Member

Threads:

"Hey boss, are we done keeping a low profile so i can try out my new vibroblade? Or shall i... persuade them to go away?" Sicari called while struggling to see past the great fat folds of the Gamorrean facing him off.

The Gamorrean hefted his Axe threateningly and grunted back at Sicari
    "I is thinking we take money off cold cor-...corps-... dead body."
    "And i'm thinking you didn't get an abundance of schooling." Sicari said back calmly. At that the Gamorrean advanced on him, hefting his axe.
    Sicari looked up from what he was doing, amused, and just as the Gamorrean got within reach and drew his axe back, Sicari jumped to his feet and uppercutted the Gamorrean striking him in the chin, his wrist blade extending upon impact and tearing a hole that severed the Gamorrean wind pipe. Sicari retracted the blade and wiped the blood off his hand with a tissue before sitting back down again.
    He looked over at Cephas and just shrugged. "He was attacking me, i have a right to self defense..."

6. Nemmerle

Nemmerle OMG Member

Threads:

"Oh sithspit!" Cephas swore loudly as a large pool of blood started to spread from under the corpse he started to stroll around the edge of the group hoping that his uniform and the Gamorrean killing would let him go relatively unnoticed at least for a moment.

---

The blaster wielding Gamorrean levelled his weapon at Sicari's sitting form and let off a burst of shots pummelling the half human to the floor. Sicari's uniform hissed as it struggled to shunt energy into its surroundings. Though it would have taken most of the force out of the poorly built blaster it wasn't a suit of armour.
    "That wasn't smart" Grunted the Gamorrean reaming at Sicari's head with exaggerated care.

7. ArchAngel

ArchAngel OMG Member

Threads:

"And that wasn't nice," Sicari grunted as he struggled to rise and inspect the burns. "If one of your pals wasn't smart enough to know not to try and kill us then i'm quite allowed to defend myself. It's the law!" The last he called out for all the onlookers to hear.
    "Now then, i'll be right back." Sicari said as he struggled to walk up the ramp into the ship. Several moments later he returned with some healing salve and a new uniform. He rubbed in the salve then proceded to reattach his suit modifications to the new uniform.

8. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

Threads:

She looked at the one holding her shoulder.
    She smiled, the smile of a predator that would send pangs of fear into everyone with at least one more braincell than what a gamorean has.

"Right now, I'd ask you to put your hand off me very quickly, elsewise you will suffer the fate of your two companions, and we wouldn't want that, would we? Yet due to the fact that we both know, you won't do that, I propose another solution."

She quickly turned around, catching the hand, moving her hands to hold the pigfaced one's thumb and applied leverage.
    He hit the ground with a clang.
    Still holding him, she looked up at Sicari.
    "Hey boss, got some manacles, brute sized? i'd say, we pay a visit to the local hutt. And I'm sure this cute little sentient will kindly lead the way for us." She pulled at the gamoreans cheek, as if it were a little child. Her voice suddenly became frosty :"Or else"

9. Nemmerle

Nemmerle OMG Member

Threads:

Cephas stepped towards the blaster wielding Gamorrean and extended one end of his staff out to knock the weapon from the pigish creature's hands. The blaster skittered across the floor and the Gamorrean ran off into the smog of the docking bay.

---

The Gamorrean Akis was threatening tried to turn and punch her but was obstructed by his own mass, he went a strange colour, and swore in a sequence of loud squeals.
    "Y-you's want to see Goran? Should just have paid." He looked at Sicari and smiled, "Goran law here. I take you to Goran."

The Gamorrean led the group through the murk of the docking bay to a large pleasure cruiser with a neon sign flashing its message in various languages. 'Goran's cantina - drink, drugs, games, and pleasures. Check your weapons at the door.'
    Two human bouncers clad in Echani armour and wearing shield belts flanked the open cargo bay doors of the grounded cruiser, Mandalorian disruptor pistols were visible on their hips. As the group watched a corpse with a smoking hole in its chest was thrown from inside the cantina. The guards turned for a moment to throw it into a pile beside the door.
    "The fifth one this week." Carried over to the group, "we'll have to go and take his daughter tonight."
    "Someone's got to pay his debts off for him 'an it sure as frack ain't gonna be me."

10. ArchAngel

ArchAngel OMG Member

Threads:

"If it's alright with you lads i'll just hold on to these," Sicari said gesturing to his weapons while he looked over the body. "For...self defence...again..."
    One of the guards looked at him briefly and made a strange growling noise.
    "Oh alright fine." Sicari regretfully handed over his weapons.
    "And the Wrist Blade." One of the guards said bluntly. "And any other concealed weapons will be detected so you know."
    Sicari hesitated a moment before unstrapping a half dozen different blades from varying places. He then walked throuhg the detector and smiled briefly when it didn't go off. Without waiting for the others he headed into the Cantina alone and was soon lost in the crowd.

11. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

Threads:

She stopped around the two, removing her weapons.
    She looked one of them in they eye and snarled.
    "Slavers, I should have thought so, wherever the slugs are, slavers follow suit."
    She extended the claws on one of her hands, gesturing at the echani.
    "You sure you don't want a holiday? Long term one?"

Yet this she said while passing, more to herself than to anyone else.
    She entered the murky seedy tavern inside the downed ship and looked around in disgust. Putting her hands on her hips she checked the area out.

12. Nemmerle

Nemmerle OMG Member

Threads:

Cephas slipped into the cantina while the guards were busy with the body, he went over to the bar and propped himself up in hearing distance of the hutt floating on a repulsor platform at a table in the far end of the cruiser's converted cargo hold.

---

"Gona get me some tonight." The guard retorted as Akis went by.
    The Gamorrean gestured that the group should follow him and went over to the hutt. A faint shimmer around the hutt betrayed an exceptionally strong shielding system.
    "Hissis," the hutt cracked out to the Gamorrean, "why do you bring these things before me?"
    "Them's wishing to talks about landing fee, Goran" Hissis squealed looking around desperately for somewhere to escape.
    "Speak quickly, creatures, I can always put warm bodies to good use elsewhere if you can't pay. I need a new cantina dancer, and the brothel's a little short of help."

13. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

Threads:

She ignored, the guards remark.

"hey boss, did the Big Boss leave us any spending money? I guess this is your call right? And isn't it just typical. No we can't walk into a normal hutt run cantina, as sleezy as it might be. No, we have to stumble into a hutt brothel. What did we do to the dark side? It seems to hate us with a passion extreme.
    Well like I already said, Boss this's your call."

Yet, at the same time, she made sure to say everything in a somewhat jesty tone, as well as wear a smile, even if that might look forced. It was never good to anger a hutt, while standing in his building.

14. ArchAngel

ArchAngel OMG Member

Threads:

Sicari wandered through the Hutts 'cantina' until he located his prey. A drunken Rodian braggart who has just seemed to lose a game of pazaak.
    "Me won! You give credits now!" The Rodian was yelling.
    "Umm... you lost." His opponent replied hesitantly.
    "What you mean i lose? i *hic* no lose, i win! here take credits!"
    As the rodians opponent left with his credits Sicari quickly took the seat drawing out a basic pazaak deck.
    "So you're so drunk you think you just won a game and that the bet was to give him credits eh?" Sicari said casually as he arranged his hand.
    "Yes i am very good player, human one of best."
    "Interesting...So you actually cant comprehend what i'm saying?"
    "You too kind, but lets just play! What you betting?"
    "You'll give me two hundred thousand credits if you can beat me."
    "Hmm, yes yes and what if i lose?"
    "Tickets for the shuttle down to the planet."
    "Good deal, lets play *hic* play, dont get angry if i win!"
    Sicari smiled momentarily and then settled down to play.

15. Nemmerle

Nemmerle OMG Member

Threads:

Pazaak hardly being a game of skill the Rodian still managed to lose on account of being far too drunk to add up to twenty.
    "Me wins! You give credits now!" The rodian slurred attempting to hug Sicari.

---

"Well what do you know?" Goran laughed at Akis, "you're not just some moron made out of kath shit after all.
    "Though walking into someone's cantina to chat doesn't strike me as the smartest thing you could have done. Forget the money, you're here for something and most hired blasters would just have folded and paid up. Let's deal: What do you want; what are you prepared to do for it?"

---

Cephas walked past Akis without stopping and hissed in her ear so as not to be singled out by the hutt or his guards, "see if he can arrange official transport down to the planet." Seeing the Rodian trying to hug Sicari he started to move through the crowd towards the Pazaak table.

16. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

Threads:

Akis nodded as Cephas passed her. Nodded was maybe too strong. She acknowledged him, without making it clear who was commander and who follower. It was always better so. Let a potential enemy assume the wrong thing...

She looked the hutt into his fat bulgy eyes, not even displaying disgust at looking right into them. She was used to a sight like that.

"Oh we don't need much. we'd just like a way downwards, and preferably, not one leading trough an airlock, or too close scrutiny either. And prepared, hmm" She rubbed her lip, as if thinking. Of course everyone knew this was just play, a hutt custom. A courtesy among them even.

"I think you could find us quite able to do many things."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice