Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Ask me Whatever ~ Chris

Discussion in 'The OMG Archives' started by Cramseur, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Cramseur

Cramseur I can do the Kessel Run in TWO parsecs.

Hey guys I'm pretty new to Off Topic Hut I originally came here to contact an author about a mod, but I decided to stay here because of the nice people here. Anyways here's some info on me...

Basic info - Right now I am currently modding this game called Jedi Knight Academy, It's a pretty simple game to play, but not to mod. Currently I am part of a modding community called JKHub that mods the game previously mentioned. Right now I'm a Sophomore and I'm a pretty good student, I love watching Let's players and I also like drawing. I also really like scary stories ( If you guys have any post it in the comments!), I am also a comic book collector and trader. I love Science( in particular Physics ) and Sci Fi science as well.     

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Jedi Academy, hmm? >Any chance you could help me persuade Mikey to finally get it? ;) We need to pollute his mind with "Stop it, Jaden!" :p

Btw:

Dr. Cooper, is that you? :D

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
  3. OP
    Cramseur

Ha ha ha lol! I love the Big Bang Theory it's one of my favorite TV shows although it being one of my favorite shows I feel inclined to tell you that Dr. Cooper is a Theoretical Physicist :p :D

Also I did my best to convince Mickey to play JKA, it's nice to see the JKA community still growing. I assume you still play it

Tricorder

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
  4. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Oh, you're Leonard, eh? ;)

As for me (still) playing Jedi Academy; I have to admit I haven't even touched it in awhile, pretty much since I got a copy of Unreal Anthology, so I got hooked on Unreal Tournament 2004. I'm also currently in the process of playing some old Half-Life mods I downloaded awhile ago, so JA is on hold for the time being. :)

5. OP
    Cramseur

I'm also a Big fan of half life as well, what mods are you thinking about? ( I would be playing Half Life as well, but my old Windows XP computer is too old to handle it)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
  6. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Huh? An XP computer that is too old to handle Half-Life 1? :unsure: As Jaden would say: Is that possible? :p Unless you mean Half-Life 2? I'm talking about the first one, not the sequel. I haven't even played Half-Life 2 yet. Yeah, yeah, I know - shame on me. :p

The mods I mentioned are called: Alternative Origin, Azure Sheep, Between Two Worlds, Edge of Darkness, Hazardous Course 2, Operation Nova, Project Focus North, Point of View, Star Wars Test Mod, USS Darkstar, and Zombie Edition.

Alternative Origin is... well, see for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njEdw6QpLIs

That's literally the whole mod. Heh.  :p

Azure Sheep is the best of all. I'm currently playing that one. You play as another Barney (not the same one from Blue Shift) and, in addition to saving your own butt, you have to find and rescue Kate, another security guard. When you finally find her, you have to babysit her for the rest of the game. And you know how stupid NPC characters in Half-Life are, hmm? :p  So far I found 4 new weapons that I haven't seen in any other mod I've played so far.

Between Two Worlds is okay, but nothing special. You play as some kind of human-alien hybrid (at least that's what the authors of the mod claim) which looks suspiciously like Gordon Freeman when viewed from the third person. :p  You have the standard weapons array at your disposal, standard enemies (soldiers and aliens), G-man occasionally makes an appearance, says a few cryptic words (via on-screen text) that ultimately lead to the end goal of the game which involves you going to Xen and becoming an alien queen. Lolwut? Who came up with that? :p  

Edge of Darkness strikes me as some sort of James Bond / Austin Powers / Mission Impossible parody. You play as special agent Gordon Freeman (Really? Gordon Freeman? Lol. :p ) and your mission is to stop the bad guy (which looks suspiciously like G-man) from taking over the world with the help of an aliens he wants to bring from Xen by using the technology remarkably similar to the technology used to send Gordon to Xen in the original Half-Life. It's actually a decent mod. Gordon plays the hero, G-man plays the bad guy, aliens play themselves and HECU soldiers play G-man's personal army assigned to protect him and his fortress of doom. :p

Hazardous Course 2 is a total parody of the original Hazard Course, but every obstacle you have to overcome as a part of your training is now deadly. I had to cheat my way through some of them, simply because I couldn't figure out how to get past them without dying, even after watching other people do it on YouTube. Weird. Check out >this thread for some hilarious reactions. ;)

Operation Nova is just as good as Azure Sheep, in my opinion, but very short. You play as a janitor called John Skinner. Gameplay takes place around the time when Gordon had to launch that rocket at the end of On a Rail chapter in the original game. Soldiers brought in a vehicle capable of shooting down the rocket with an intention to destroy it before it can reach orbit, so Skinner has to find and destroy that vehicle. Short, but very well done mod with new and professional voice acting.

Project Focus North is... is... eeehh... I don't really know what it is supposed to be. :unsure: It's so unfinished that it literally requires cheating to get through some areas. As I understand, it was a project of some Half-Life clan, but they never finished it, just released an unfinished buggy version. The amount of soldiers you have to kill as you progress is ridiculous, and the amount of health packs and HEV batteries & chargers is equally ridiculous, but in the opposite direction. :p

Point of View is cool. You get to play as a Vortigaunt and kill humans. Muahahahaha! :p  I haven't played it yet, but I watched it a bit on YouTube. Looks great. Definitely gonna play it when I finish Azure Sheep.

Star Wars Test Mod is another unfinished release, just like Project Focus North. It bares a striking resemblance to Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. Weapons and enemies look like they've been taken straight from that game and reworked for Half-Life engine. You can even find & use a Lightsaber. The mod can't be finished, though. Well, it can, but you have to manually quit it when you reach the part where you can't progress anymore because the mapper(s) didn't make more, and there's no trigger that would end the game in a "normal" way. Bummer.  :/ Stormtroopers are much smarter and tougher than in any Star Wars game I've played so far. They behave and fight like HECU soldiers from the regular Half-Life. I guess the author(s) simply replaced HECU models with Stormtrooper models, leaving their AI intact. See for yourself and tell me what you think:

USS Darkstar takes place on some kind of science starship where the scientists are keeping aliens from Xen and studying them. Of course, something inevitably goes wrong (gee, I didn't see that coming :p ), aliens escape from their cages and Gordon Freeman has to save the day. Again. :p  It's a good mod, but it hasn't left any significant impression on me.

Zombie Edition is quite original. You play as a headcrab, jump on people's heads and turn them into zombies. Then you walk around as a zombie and kill those human fools. Muahahahaha... ahem. :p

Look them up on YouTube, if you're interested. :)  You can dig through this site to find them, and more. I might grab more of them myself, when I finish what I got so far. They're free anyway.

Also, here's something for your amusement:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

;)

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
  7. OP
    Cramseur

Whew... that was a lot of mods I'm still not through them all yet   :p . I have seen some of the mods you mentioned though (like 2 out a of 1,000 :p  )  being the Star Wars fan I am I saw the Half-Life Star Wars mod before hand ( which I think is awesome ! your'e right it looks like they directly came from Dark Forces). I thought you might be interested in this small Half Life 2 Fan Film I found a couple years back 

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  8. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

I remember watching that video once before. It's okay, although shooting a Combine while he's peeing is kinda lame. :p The Asian guy reminds me of that guy from Heroes that can teleport around.

[​IMG]

What are the specs of that old XP computer of yours that can't handle Half-Life? I mean, anything that is strong enough to run Win XP should be strong enough to run Half-Life too, methinks. :unsure:  I remember playing Half-Life, Opposing Force (and maybe Blue Shift; not sure about that one) on my old Win 98 computer, which had slower CPU, less RAM and crappier graphic card than my next Win XP machine, so I'm confused as to why Half-Life wouldn't work on your old XP computer. I never had any significant problems running it on any of my computers I had over the years.

Now I wonder if those boys could've made a bigger mess...

/me rapes this thread with Half-Life :p

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  9. OP
    Cramseur

Wow that trailer is old, but it's still beautiful  :cool:8-)

As for the computer here's what I know about it so far

* A pretty new video Card( not sure what kind, I was told it was newer and compatible)

*Runs 16 bit 

*It came from my sister, which probably came from someone else.

*Able to hold about 2 to 3 games on it( not including the mini rpg games I have on it)

Edit: Also I meant to say that it can't run Half Life 2, nonetheless it's an old fart and needs to be replaced do you know where I could buy a cheap ( 200$ - 350$) windows 7(or 8) Desktop that is good for gaming?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  10. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

In US? Not really. I'm in Europe, heh. Try googling for cheap gaming computers. Buying it in parts can also be a real money saver, but you need to be careful to buy parts that are compatible with each other and have knowledge to put it all together, or have someone else who could do that for you for free.

In the meantime, download, install and use this: http://www.piriform.com/speccy

It's a nifty little tool that checks your computer and tells you full system specifications, even stuff like CPU temperature, fan speed, etc. It's free and incredibly simple to use. Copy/paste the stuff it tells you here so I can take a look at what exactly you have under da hood.  :p

Also, I've just finished playing Azure Sheep. While I still think it's the best of all free mods I've played so far, some things in the whole plot have been left unexplained. For example, G-man captures you at one point, puts you in some kind of transparent water tank (no idea what's keeping you from drowning) and holds you there for some unknown reason. Kate comes from nowhere, single-handedly kills a black ops operative (they're taking orders directly from G-man in this mod) and rescues you, only to be later captured herself (again by G-man) and placed in the same kind of water tank for some unknown reason and held there until you find her, kill all of G-man's minions guarding her (wow, she's awfully important for a security guard) and free her from the tank. At neither point the authors of this mod haven't thought of throwing in some explanation for all that. I guess G-man works in mysterious ways. :p

I find it interesting that the game allows you to meet Gordon Freeman & Adrian Shephard and have them follow you around for a short period of time, helping you in combat. They even speak out loud and make random comments about the whole situation. Heh. You get to revisit the teleportation chamber from which Gordon was sent to Xen in the original game, and which Shephard passed through in Opposing Force. You arrive at the moment just when Shephard was about to enter into the teleport, so you can watch him do it, just as he watched Gordon in OF.

You meet Shephard again later on, but his (re)appearance at the location is in direct violation with the events from OF, since he never visited that area of Black Mesa. And he certainly didn't take orders from a security guard wearing an HEV suit. At one point, a pair of Vortigaunts appear left and right of him, grab him and teleport away with him. Where? Who knows. Another unresolved mystery. Before the aliens take him away, all HECU soldiers in the area are friendly and won't attack you unless you attack them first, but when aliens do their thing, soldiers mysteriously turn hostile and attack you on sight. Weird. It's like they're thinking "Aliens took Shephard! You will die for that!" Gee, it's not my fault. I even tried killing those Vorts before they teleport away, but they're invulnerable.

Gordon's appearance is also a bit sketchy. You meet him for the first time shorty before he was captured by the HECU soldiers at the end of Apprehension chapter in the original game. Remember that security guard that tries to tell Gordon something ("Freeman, right? I have a message for you. Make sure you don't..."), but gets shot in the back and killed by the black ops operative before he can finish the sentence? You are now that guard. And no, you don't get shot in the back. Instead, you get to boss Gordon around, kill those 3 black operatives for him, flip the lever and watch Gordon run to that small room where he gets ambushed and captured by HECU. Again. Crazy. :p  He reappears again later, but you can only see him, not interact with him.

Most of the time Kate didn't have much problem following me around, despite Half-Life's stupid NPC follow AI routine, but there were places where I had to push her in the desired direction until she took the blond wig off and became smart again, lol.* :p

If you still have the original Half-Life (and your computer can run it :p ), you might consider giving this mod a try. I definitely recommend it, despite some of its flaws. :)

*No offense to David Caruso and other blonds, of course :p  

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  11. OP
    Cramseur

Operating System

Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3

CPU

Intel Pentium 4

Northwood 0.13um Technology

3.00GB Single-Channel DDR @ 166MHz (2.5-3-3-7)

Motherboard

RAM
    Dell Computer Corp. 02Y832 (Microprocessor)

Graphics

Default Monitor (1280x1024@60Hz)

DELL E171FPb (1280x1024@60Hz)

64MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 (Unknown)

Storage

37GB Seagate ST340016A (ATA) 34 °C

Optical Drives

SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-348B

Audio

Creative SB Live! Series (WDM)

.....Soo basically your generic turn of the century dell desktop  that you can find in a thrift store for 20 dollars :'[  :nerd:

12. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Hmm... That's odd. I googled Half-Life 2 system requirements and got this: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=338&game=Half-Life%202

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 1200 MHz

RAM: 256 MB

Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 64 MB VRAM or ATI Radeon 9000 series 64 MB VRAM

According to that, and the info you got from Speccy, you should be able to run HL2 with your current hardware on minimal settings, although graphic card might be the culprit here. It has enough VRAM, but the "mobility" thing in its name makes my spider sense tingling. :p

Mobility usually means that it's not a "proper" (so to say) graphic card, but rather just a graphic chip integrated into the motherboard, which means it doesn't have its own memory modules, but shares system RAM. Nothing wrong with that, really, but it's just not good for gaming. Sure, lots of games won't have a problem running on it, but sooner or later, you'll run into a bunch of them that will refuse to run properly, or to run at all. It's the curse of the integrated graphic hardware. It's cheaper, but not practical for gaming.   :/

I'm surprised at the amount of RAM you got. 3 GB? Lolwut? Don't get me wrong; the more - the better, but its amount is totally in an offset with CPU and graphics. Simply said, the computer simply can't make a good use of so much RAM while being held back by an outdated CPU and the lack of proper graphic card, so it's a waste. Bummer.

I'm pretty sure you could run HL2 if you could get your hands on a proper graphic card which meets the minimal requirements, or - preferably - a better one. Considering the age of the computer, you need an AGP-compatible graphic card, which, to my knowledge, aren't being manufactured anymore. Any chance you know someone who could find and get a used one for you? Maybe salvage one from someone's old computer? I could get you one and install it for you in a jiffy (I actually have a few of them stashed away since I have a habit of keeping my old hardware and collecting useful parts other people throw away, lol), but geography is a bit*h, and I don't really feel like traveling to US. My passport has expired long time ago anyway.  :p

So, any chance you could ask around among your local computer geeks if anyone has a spare AGP graphic card laying around and would be willing to donate it to you? It's the only thing I can think of that would allow you to run HL2 without buying a whole new computer, and maybe even without spending any money whatsoever, assuming someone would be willing to install the graphic card for you for free.  :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  13. OP
    Cramseur

I will look around, but my main goal is to get a newer computer, that way I can deal with newer games that have better graphics.

But that should take about a year to save up for  :spin: ... anyways I was just checking out some Half-Life 2 mods and I found this...

14. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Oh that thing. It caught my eye too. Here's a homepage, if you haven't found it yet: http://cinematicmod.com/

You'll need at least dual core (maybe even quad core) CPU, 4 GB of RAM and a modern graphic card to run that thing. I think my computer should be able to run it without any (significant) hiccups, but since I don't have HL2, I can't give it a try. Bummer.   :/

Btw, any chance you ever played a PC version of Half-Life Decay? It's a port from Playstation 2 that works as a mod for the original Half-Life on PC. If you did, have you encountered any technical problems? I installed it yesterday and tried playing Hazard Course that comes with it, since it's a bit different from the original Hazard Course (watched it on YouTube), but when I reach the first map change point, nothing happens. Loading message appears on the screen, but the next map doesn't load. It just stays like that indefinitely. I can normally return to the main menu, start from the beginning, load the first map with the console command, etc., but the game acts like the rest of the Hazard Course maps don't exist. Dafuq?  :unsure:

EDIT: Holy Nihilanth in a hand basket, look what I just stumbled across:

My god... [​IMG] It's...

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  15. OP
    Cramseur

:eek2:  My friend should me this exact trailer about trailer about 2 days ago *sigh... :(  if only Half Life could be like that. If someone were to make a mod for it, it would be brilliant!!! :D

16. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

So much handjob... err, I mean hand work. :p I love it how the blast knocks his glasses off and his vision is blurry until he picks them up and puts them back on. Clearly, Gordon is short-sighted, like all true nerds and geeks. :p

Interesting how he managed to cut tentacle in half with a blast from the Gauss gun. Too bad it's not possible do it in the real game. I don't really understand why the authors made that thing invulnerable to pretty much everything except extreme heat. It ruins my 'mass murderer' spree when I can't kill everything on the level that's not friendly or neutral. :p

I started to play another mod today. It's called Affliction. Level design is average at best, but the authors made new models and sounds for (almost) all available weapons. For example, crowbar is now a bit crooked near the top. Characters have also been modified a bit. Some scientists that have been clean shaved now have facial hair, others are bald, etc. Barney has a mixture of scary and insane look in his eyes. Whenever I see one, I wonder if he'll take a shot at me.  :p

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
  17. OP
    Cramseur

How's the overall gameplay? By the way have you heard of the Black Mesa source mod, my friend just downloaded it.From what my friend says it's amazing. Also I was wondering if you had played minecraft before, I have it downloaded, but just like most of my newer games it doesn't play very well. I know I need Java 32 bit, but I have no idea where to find it and I don't know if my computer can handle it. :unsure:

18. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown OMG Member

Cramseur, I know you said you like science, especially physics.

My question to you is do you like the science of psychology?  It happens to be my favorite form of science.

19. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Nothing special, really. Lots of zombies, headcrabs jumping out of dark corners, occasional skirmishes with soldiers, etc. Beginning is interesting, though. You can't see anything, but you can hear your HEV suit bringing you back from a brink of death and telling you some other informations. Then, you wake up and realize that you're stuck in the back of a truck. How you got there? No idea. There are two black ops operatives outside (guarding you, I guess), but something nasty happens to them...

http://offtopichut.com/topic/8647-half-life-black-mesa/?do=embed

No. It's not my cup of tea. Sorry. Mikey is running a server for that game, though. Or at least he used to. Not sure if he still does.

From what I've read about that game, it doesn't require particularly powerful graphic card to run, but relies more on a CPU power.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  20. OP
    Cramseur

Hmm... psychology I've never taken a course on it, but I really do like thinking about it, it's interesting to know why people behave as they do.

I know Vsauce did a bunch of videos on it, here's the main page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6nSFpj9HTCZ5t-N3Rm3-HA

Also Quirkology does some psychology involved vids https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvGMGQC8gNkd4gwxSbABIlw

21. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Okay, I started playing Decay today (regular maps, not the Hazard Course), mostly because I was curious about the whole switching between the characters thing, since the game is primarily designed for coop play, so playing it solo requires you to switch between two playable characters (Colette Green and Gina Cross) to get through each level.

For example, you have to use one character (doesn't matter which one) to push a button which opens the door on a far side of the room, but the door closes back before you can reach them in time. So the trick is to position the other character near the door, switch control over to the first one, push the button, quickly switch the control back to the second character and run through the door. Then, you have to bring the first character to the door, use the second one to push the button on the other side of the door to open them again, switch the control back to the first character and quickly pass through the door before they close again. Crazy. :p

Interestingly enough, you have to start a local LAN server to play the game. You start as one of the characters and the other one spawns as a bot, but with an incredibly dumb AI, almost non-existent. Character you're not controlling can't even move, but at least can defend itself when under direct attack. Of course, the bot always selects the best available weapon, which is usually the one with the least amount of available ammo and wastes it around trying to hit something. Oh dear god... [​IMG]  :p

The game is quite hard and sometimes unfair. There are places where you have to stand still and spin some valve, lever or something similar, to get something done. While you're doing it, aliens continuously spawn behind you, hitting you in the back, so you have to let go of the use button, turn around, quickly kill them, turn back again and continue spinning, hoping that you'll be able to spin it all the way before they kill you. Obviously, if both character were controlled by human players, one could protect the other instead of having one character do all the work, since switching between them in the middle of combat is quite impractical.

If I ever get my old computer networked with the new one (been thinking about doing it for awhile), I'll see if I can get someone to play Decay with me in LAN, if I can find someone here who likes Half-Life. Ummm... any chance you'd be willing to hop on an airplane and drop by? :p

EDIT: Okay, I played it a bit more. Had to replay the same map 3 times since the aliens kept killing me at the same spot during one of those unfair scenarios where you have to spin something while the aliens spawn behind your back. And since it's technically a multiplayer game, saving is disabled, so dying means playing the whole level from the beginning. And it's not really hard to get killed by half a dozen Controllers that constantly respawn as you kill them while at the same time the other character uselessly stands nearby (but can still get killed, resulting in a mission failure), doing nothing. This game is really intended for coop play.

ANOTHER EDIT: Just finished it. Interesting ending. It makes a connection with the events from Blue Shift. Both Gina and Colette get caught in the same resonance... err... harmonic reflux thing (or something like that) Barney Calhoun gets caught in as he teleports from Dr. Rosenberg's laboratory at the end of the game, so they end up teleporting randomly to different locations until they finally stabilize, just like Barney did. You can even hear Dr. Rosenberg's voice, calling Barney through the rift, telling him to hurry up before the portal collapses, followed by Barney jumping into the portal that takes him from Xen back to Black Mesa. If you played Blue Shift, you probably remember that part where you had to jump into the portal that very inconveniently opened in mid air to escape from Xen and get back to Black Mesa. Gina and Colette get to watch Barney do it for a brief moment, since apparently Decay chronologically ends before Blue Shift does.

All in all, good game, but hard and unfair when played solo. Too many enemies, not enough health and HEV energy. And the game grades your performance at the end of each level (separately for each character), based on how well you did, how many enemies you killed, your accuracy, how much damage you took, etc. Kinda stupid, if you ask me, since it's impossible to avoid taking damage and not to miss a moving target with a couple of stray shots. I'd like to see the authors of this game fighting a squad of soldiers and killing them all without taking even a single hit. Or, even better, not get hit by a bunch of aliens spawning behind their back while they're busy spinning a valve, or a lever, or something else that requires you to face it, press the use key and keep it pressed, effectively turning yourself into a sitting duck.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  22. OP
    Cramseur

Sheesh your'e a fast gamer!  :p   I was going to respond earlier, but I got caught up with schoolwork . I recently just got finished getting all 3 endings of lone survivor, have you've played the game? It's deeper think the second time you play it (or the first time you play it, depending if you know whats really going on). Here's an trailer to the game 

23. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Eh, not really. The game is just really short. Longer than Affliction, but still short. I actually tend to go slowly when playing games, stick my nose into every dark corner (and get a headcrab in the face as a result :p ), crawl into every ventilation shaft I can crawl into, smash every box that can be smashed, etc., but these Half-Life mods I've been playing lately are simply short, therefore quick to finish. :)

I haven't even heard of it until now. Doesn't look like something I'd be interested in anyway. Sorry. :/

It's not crappy. Quite the opposite. It's actually in par with Blue Shift (original Half-Life and Opposing Force are better than both, though), quality-wise (you are even bossed around by a scientist, like Dr. Rosenberg bosses Barney Calhoun around in Blue Shift, making him do stuff that ultimately lead to their salvation). It's just that playing it solo when it's obviously designed for coop play can be frustrating at some points, like the ones I mentioned above. I mean, the aliens spawning behind your back wouldn't be much of a problem if the second character wasn't totally useless when not controlled. If I ever get my computers networked, I'll be sure to give Decay a try in proper LAN, assuming I can find someone willing to play.

That would be Dr. Richard Keller. He's a bit rude (especially when talking to Dr. Rosenberg, which also makes an appearance in this game and you have to work with him on some levels, after which he tries to reach his laboratory near the train yard, but the soldiers capture him inside one of the train wagons, where he is later found and rescued by Barney Calhoun in Blue Shift), but definitely not evil. Just the opposite. With Gina's and Colette's help, he seals the dimensional rift on this side, but Nihilanth keeps it open on the other side, until Gordon Freeman enters Xen and kills him. Of course, that doesn't seal the rift, as the scientists thought it would, but leaves it to uncontrollably expand instead, ultimately opening a gateway between Earth and the Combine home world, which then leads to the events depicted in Half-Life 2. Heh.

By the way, have you ever noticed that the name of the game, Half-Life, is actually a (scientific) pun which refers to half-life, the amount of time required for a quantity of a matter to fall to half of its value as measured at the beginning of the time period? ;)

Opposing Force - Newton's third law of motion? ;)

Blue Shift? ;) Decay? ;)

Remember the level from the original game called Surface Tension? Hello! :p

BAZINGA!

[​IMG]  :D

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
  24. Mikey

Mikey :mikey: Staff Member

How did you find us? ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice