Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Ask me Whatever ~ Chris

Discussion in 'The OMG Archives' started by Cramseur, Feb 6, 2014.

1. OP
    Cramseur

Cramseur I can do the Kessel Run in TWO parsecs.

No problem Tricorder, thanks for reminding me, actually I so happened to find all four discs a couple weeks ago in my old room. Expect to have those sounds within the week.  :)

2. OP
    Cramseur

It looks like I've encountered a bit of a problem, 

[​IMG]

I can't extract the sound files that encoded in the gamedata folder, I did, however find this..

I can keep trying, but I'm not sure it will change the situation. Do you have an ideas or do you want to edit the youtube vid above?

3. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

That video doesn't have even a single useful sound in it, I'm afraid. It's mostly Temuera Morrison's narration. Plus, there's a lot of background noise, like gunfire, which I don't know how to edit out. I don't think it's even possible to do it with these free audio editing tools I have. Bummer. :/

What are you using to extract the files? As I understand, there's a program for that purpose called LVL Extractor.

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/LVL_Extractor;32428

According to the people on LucasForums, there seems to be a problem with it on anything newer than Windows XP, though, so even if you're using it, there's a good chance your operating system is causing the problem. :/

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=212928

If that's not the case, then I don't know. From everything I've read about LVL Extractor, people have been using it to extract sounds and other types of files from both Battlefront games. :unsure:

EDIT: I googled around to see if I can find any additional info that might be of some use, but either I'm doing something wrong, or there's barely any useful info about sound extraction on the whole Internet. This seems like the most useful thing:

http://www.ehow.com/how_7894851_work-lvl-star-wars-battlefront.html

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
  4. OP
    Cramseur

Okay so I've been trying to run Lvl. Extractor for the past few days and I've had no luck whatsoever. I've tried looking up tutorials and so forth, but nothing seems to lead me in the right direction. On the bright side though I managed to get all the (slightly) encrypted sounds files from battlefront to give to you (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffmh0mpy0gfy9sw/Sounds%20for%20Tricorder.zip)

I really hope this helps I tried doing everything I could think of, but with no success o_O . I'm not sure if it's my computer or what, but I just can't run the program.

Good luck with your sounds though I hope your more successful than me  :) .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

1.12 Gigabytes???!!!  [​IMG] [​IMG]

:p

I'm gonna have to ask my neighbor here to let me use his computer to download an archive of that size. He has an unlimited bandwidth. I don't. Thanks for the effort.  :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
  6. OP
    Cramseur

:eek2:   :)  Sorry didn't know it was that much lol. I hope everything works out with the mod though, show it to me in action once you get it up and working  :)  .

Also would you like to continue the Star Wars trivia here? It's your turn anyways  :) .

7. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Well, it's going to be a voice pack for Unreal Tournament 2004, so there won't be much to show, methinks. I can give you .int and .u files (types of files UT2004 uses) that constitute a voice pack, but you need UT2004 to use them. Besides, it's just stormtroopers talk. If you played Jedi Knight and Battlefront series of games, you heard everything. :)

Okay. For 10 points: According to George Lucas, which of the following characters was originally supposed to be an alien:

- Luke Skywalker

- Han Solo

- Obi-Wan Kenobi

- Darth Vader

Well?

[​IMG]

8. OP
    Cramseur

I know it's Han Solo after reading this epic comic series that just recently concluded.

[​IMG]

My Turn: just outsude Yavin Prime Revan visited a rodian junk trader who set up shop in an old hauler. This junk hauler (after talking to quite a bit) decided to give Revan this special item that would help him later on in his future battles. Name this item ::quizzical:: .

9. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

No idea. Cortosis-resistant lightsaber, maybe?  :unsure:

If you're planning on asking more KotOR questions, you can expect me not to know an answer to most of them, since I've never played any of the KotOR games, so all my knowledge about those games comes from what I once read in Wookieepedia, or somewhere else, which isn't much. Heh. :)

Now, if you want to ask me questions about Republic Commando... :uy: ;)

10. OP
    Cramseur

::quizzical::  Sure I'll have a re-do...

What is the name of the small pistol(that never runs out ammo) that none of the RC seem to favor.

*Bonus points if you can name the Mandalorian the RCs were trained under. 

11. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Aaaahh, now you're speaking my language. :p

Pistol - DC-15s sidearm blaster

Mandalorian trainer - Walon Vau

What did I win? :D

12. OP
    Cramseur

13. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Since the Imperial boots were too uncomfortable for him to wear all the time, he only wore them in the scenes where his legs could be seen. For 10 points - who is he, and for extra 10 points, what did he wear instead of boots when his legs could not be seen?  ;)

Btw, which Battlefront game did you take the files from? 1 or 2? I'm trying to crack those .lvl files open, but no luck so far. LVL Extractor doesn't seem to work. Now I'm thinking it's looking for files in their default installation directory, but since I don't have the game, I don't know what the exact path should be. Could you take a look and tell me, please? It's probably something like C:Program FilesLucasArtsStar Wars BattlefrontGameDatadatasound, or something like that. I'll try creating a fake installation directory and moving the files there to see if that does the trick. :)

EDIT: I think I know why it doesn't work. This version of LVL Extractor is intended for extracting textures only, not sounds. When I try to do it through the command prompt, it gives me a screen full of... well, this:

/monthly_07_2014/post-746-0-56123300-1404667212_thumb.jpg

/monthly_07_2014/post-746-0-04110000-1404667477.gif :p

I can't seem to find a newer version of the program anywhere. Either the author didn't make a version that supports sounds or he didn't release it. Either way, it seems this whole ordeal has been a huge waste of time and resources, especially on your part.

[​IMG]

Thanks again for trying. The only thing I can think of now would be to have someone record him/herself playing the game as a Stormtrooper, do all the possible commands you can give and upload the whole thing to YouTube. I can easily download a video, strip the audio component, pick it apart and edit the voices to work with UT2004, assuming they're clear and loud enough, of course. :/

/monthly_07_2014/post-746-0-39574100-1404669493_thumb.jpg

/monthly_07_2014/post-746-0-56123300-1404667212_thumb.jpg

/monthly_07_2014/post-746-0-04110000-1404667477.gif

/monthly_07_2014/post-746-0-39574100-1404669493_thumb.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    Cramseur

I'll try to continue to find those sounds for you Tricorder, what program do you recommend for recording in-game footage? I h

ave no problem making a Youtube vid, though I'm not sure how I can deliver all the commands. I'm not sure if I gave this to you earlier, but I have found this HUGE mix of SW sounds a little while ago on Jkhub(http://jkhub.org/files/file/1651-star-wars-sound-effects/). Also don't feel bad about the sounds, I'm always happy to help out any fellow modder, especially if they are doing something SW related  :) . In fact right now I'm helping someone on Jkhub comprehending a tutorial on shaders and .map files because they can only speak Spanish (bear in mind I have no idea how to speak Spanish, but Google Translate does :cool:8-) ).

Anyways to answer your question I believe this is the man you are talking about...

[​IMG]

And to answer your bonus 

[​IMG]

lol  :D

Okay I'm going to really think about my non-Kotor related one, I'll be back with a question  :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

I don't have any personal experience with such stuff, but this one is highly recommended and free:

http://obsproject.com/

I've seen a friend of mine here doing it with the movement (up, down, left, right) keys in Battlefront 1 on his Playstation 2. Not sure how to do it with a keyboard and / or in Battlefront 2, though. Googling around for an answer got me this:

F4 Communications

F5 Spotted

F6 Medic

F7 Repair

F8 Ammo

F9 Pick Up

F10 Back Up

F11 Attack

F12 Defend

Listen carefully to what the troopers are saying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8jC2fyvvqs

Notice the part when one of them says "cover me"? Or the one that says "go"? That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Of course, the more, the better. :)

[​IMG]

:D

16. OP
    Cramseur

Okay Tricorder, I think I'm ready.

Which SW game had one of it's characters use a backhand lightsaber style?

17. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

The Force Unleashed 1 & 2, although there are some animations mods for Jedi Academy out there that change default idle stance into TFU-style backhand stance, so you could add JA to the list too... from a certain point of view.

[​IMG]

Amirite? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
  18. OP
    Cramseur

"Don't get technical with me"

[​IMG]

It was actually first introduced in the Xbox and Ps2 versions of star wars episode 3.

When Anakin goes on his youngling killing spree he encounters one of theTemple jedi with a backhand lightsaber style.

(Skip to 8:25)

Your turn  ::quizzical::

19. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

He stole the GCT device from Ka'Pa the Hutt and his Lieutenant Abron Mar captured Mara Jade while she was attempting to locate & retrieve the device. Other than his name and gender, there is almost nothing known about him. For 50 points - let us play - the weakest lin... err, I mean, who is he?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  20. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

/monthly_07_2014/post-746-0-70821900-1405454697_thumb.jpg

Hmm? ;)

/monthly_07_2014/post-746-0-70821900-1405454697_thumb.jpg

21. OP
    Cramseur

Tricorder I am completely stumped I think I know it yet I don't so here's my guess.

Boba Fett?

22. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

23. OP
    Cramseur

You never played Mysteries of the Sith? :)

I actually haven't, but I was meaning to this summer, I guess that bit me in the butt.

I was hoping to find a port that would allow me to play it, but so far no luck.

Anyways on to the trivia!!

This Mandalorian Bounty Hunter is most likely the ancestor of the known Death Watch leader Pre Vizla.

[​IMG] 

Her actions during the sacking of Coruscant led to extermination of the Jedi Temple. 

Who is this Woman?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
  24. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Shae Vizla?

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice