Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Ask me Whatever ~ Chris

Discussion in 'The OMG Archives' started by Cramseur, Feb 6, 2014.

1. OP
    Cramseur

Cramseur I can do the Kessel Run in TWO parsecs.

Correctomundo!!

Your'e turn.

2. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

While searching for 8t88, Kyle Katarn faced & defeated these two Sithspawn creatures aboard Jerec's ship. What were the names of these two creatures and what was the name of the ship the whole ordeal took place on?

That should be easy enough. ;)

3. OP
    Cramseur

Pic and Gorc, and I believe the ship they were on was the Ruusan? I'm pretty sure of this because I just watched a playthrough of Dark Forces 2.  

4. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Actually, Ruusan was the name of the planet where the Valley of the Jedi was located. Jerec's ship was called Sulon Star, and was docked at the refueling station outside the fallen city of Baron's Hed on the lost moon of Poosh ( :p )... err, I mean on the moon of Sullust called Sulon.

Now, who do I have to mind trick to get a remake of Dark Forces 2 and Mysteries of the Sith in some modern engine? I'd buy those remakes without thinking twice about it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Cramseur

6. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Yeah, I know about those mods. JA engine would be great. I'm not obsessed with high-end graphics, but the last time I tried to play DF2 and MotS on my computer, they crashed each time I tried to load a save game. And I can't really play 21 + 14 levels in one sitting and / or without dying a few times per level. I'm pretty sure the sole reason for those crashes is the fact modern hardware and operating systems don't like such severely outdated engine. :/

Nope. I never developed enough interest in it to learn anything beyond messing with sounds and music. I also tend to stay away from JK communities since they've proven themselves to be incredibly immature and hostile, so that didn't exactly encourage me to learn JA modding either. Sorry.   :/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
  7. OP
    Cramseur

Okay I've got another one. :sneaky:

Name the Clone trooper commander that fought alongside Yoda in the series premier of Star Wars the clone wars.

*Bonus* 

If you can name the Species of the King that decided to join the Republic at the end of the episode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Heh. I remember watching the premiere episode of the Clone Wars show via satellite on one of the German channels. Yoda speaking German is a blasphemy.  :p

Anyway, let's see. There were three troopers with Yoda, if I'm not mistaken. The one you're looking for is called Thire, I think. And the king Katuunko is the same species as Watto, a Toydarian, aka the species that are immune to Jedi mind fuc... err, I mean mind tricks. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  9. OP
    Cramseur

Wow I really thought that one would stump you, I guess I have to bump up the difficulty  :sneaky: .

I can only imagine how funny it would sound with a German voice over lol  :D .

Your turn.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  10. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

This Force power allows its user to cause physical damage to anyone by merely looking at them, whether they're friend or foe. What's the name of that power and who is the only known practitioner of the said power?

11. OP
    Cramseur

[​IMG]

:spin:  I'm stumped, out off all of my knowledge of the force I've never heard of that force power.

I can only guess that it's either Luke or Darth Caedus who uses it.

12. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    Cramseur

::quizzical::  Well I have to find a copy of the game first, all I have is Dark Forces, but yeah I need a upgrade.

Also every time I get a answer wrong I learn from it, kinda.  :spin:

14. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Steam has it. :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/32380/

You can get Mysteries of the Sith there too. Interestingly enough, I have two (both legal, as in not pirated) physical copies of Dark Forces 2 and Jedi Outcast. Heh. Gonna grab another copy of Jedi Academy too, if I see it at any of the local stores here.

I remember seeing some kind of engine upgrade for DF2 and MotS, which makes the characters look much better, but it also has some downsides, if I remember correctly. Hmm... :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    Cramseur

I would buy it, but my parents don't really allow the purchase of online games, that's one of the reasons why I resorted to pirating.

If I did have my own credit card I would.

Edit: I just did some research and I think you can send a game to other steam users provided that you are friends on Steam and purchased the game your sending( https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?p_faqid=549#gifts-whatare) 

Would you so happen to have them on Steam as well? :)

Also I think I know of the error you're talking about, I think one of the downsides of this mod is that when you are in a air vent you can see your saber coming through the vent.

I think the mod you're talking about is called the Glowsaber mod?  :unsure:

16. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

I don't even have a Steam account. Like your parents, I'm not too keen on the idea of buying games (or anything else for that matter) online, mostly for security reasons. Sorry.  :/ Other people don't seem to have a problem with it, though. Check with Mikey. He's a steamer. :p

Um... no? :unsure: I haven't even heard of that mod until now.

*googles*

Hmm... I can't seem to find anything about it at the moment. No matter. The mod I was referring to is this one, I think:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jedi-knight-enhanced

Notice the difference in the model quality:

Original:

Enhanced:

I remember reading somewhere that it causes some problems with the game menu. Some people said it completely screwed up their game by making the graphics look so stretched the game became unplayable. Works fine for lots of other people, though. :unsure:

EDIT: Okay, here's a video showing the game running with JK Enhanced, Glowsaber and The Force Within mods installed, according to the author of the video:

Never heard of The Force Within mod, though. Google can't seem to find it for me either. *scratches head* :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  17. OP
    Cramseur

I'll most likely ask Mikey about the games, after hearing about that offer on Steam I can't resist  :D .

I can really appreciate these mods though, mostly because jka was my first real pc game  (so I didn't have much to look up to), but when thos mods start breaking the game itself just makes me think playing the original game in it's original format is probably the safest bet.

Though I'm surprised that some of these mods are difficult to find, this may be be a sign that Jka is dying too.

Edit: would you consider playing SWTOR?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  18. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Sorry again, but no. Playing online games would break my monthly bandwidth limit, which is something I can't really afford for the time being. Plus, I never had any interest in MMO games whatsoever. I'm mainly into FPS games, with some interest in RTS and some minor interest in adventure games. :)

What's all the fuss about MMO games anyway? From what I've heard, they're mostly filled with immature little kids whose idea of fun is to ruin your attempts to have fun, so why even bother? :unsure:

19. OP
    Cramseur

Oh I'm sorry I forgot that I asked you this before, I had no idea.

When I first started talking to LizFizz I told her how much I disliked the idea of MMO games in general, but later on she showed me how cool they really are in terms of story line and gameplay, and SWTOR has a awesome story line (at least from smuggler's point of view).

Also from my 2 months of experience of playing the game I can tell you that there are no little kids trying to ruin your fun, unless you like to join groups at random and talk on the general chat thing. So far the only thing that I've seen that was immature was some squabble about George Lucas giving the rights to Disney, but that argument got quickly snuffed out by another responsible player.     

20. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Aha. So that's why the forums are dying all over the Internet. People today use games' built-in chat function to argue about stuff instead of duking it out on message boards like real (wo)men. :p

So, you've been playing around with LF, eh? What's she like?

[​IMG]  ;)

21. OP
    Cramseur

That most likely is the reason, you can chat instantly while playing games, which is a huge benefit in terms of time.

Anyways I started talking to LF sometime after we first met and now I am even more convinced that she is the most epic person in the world.

*Insert Death Star blowing up* ​
     ​
    [​IMG]
    In my opinion she is the most serious Star Wars Eu fan out there, you two should go at each other with your two ever increasing knowledge of SW.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  22. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Are you suggesting...

the battle of the geeks?!!!

:p

• Like Like x 1
  23. OP
    Cramseur

24. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice