Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Ask me Whatever ~ Chris

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Cramseur, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    That sounds fair. Hope it works out well in the end. :)

Say, does my current avatar look scary or creepy?  ;)

2. OP
    Cramseur

Cramseur I can do the Kessel Run in TWO parsecs.

Threads:
    ​I'll say it's more unexpected. When I came back I thought we had a new member. It reminds me of the creepy girlfriend meme. 

3. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    [​IMG]

She cracks me up with her antics. :D  

[​IMG]

:p
    Did you happen to notice any downtime earlier today? I think Mikey's SQL is acting up again.  :/

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  4. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    ​Yeah I noticed there seemed to be an error with the site's database..

5. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    Interestingly enough, I've never noticed it happening before this latest upgrade. At least I don't remember it. Now it happens almost on regular basis. Huh.  :unsure:

So, the little birdie told me you managed to lock yourself out of your computer and couldn't get back in thanks to your monitor not displaying anything until the Windows loads. ;)  How did you solve that?

6. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    ​I guess you know that I'm also known as Bek over at Jkhub. I guess it isn't too hard to figure out seeing as how I have the same profile info and picture on there, Anyways I never actually fixed it, I just spent months contemplating what the password could be. With the advice given to me on the thread I'm proudly able to say I can hack into a locked computer, provided it doesn't have monitor problems. In any case the password that I had set up previously turned out to have a "2" at the end of it, that's it. I felt really stupid after that entire endeavor, mainly because of the missed papers I had to type, but everything is fine now.

Speaking of computers I'm thinking about building a new one, of course I'm going to have to save up in order to get parts like I did with my current computer. But this time it's different, this time I'll be selling things in order to make some actual money. I have tons of valuable things, but the number one thing would be this:

I currently have three of these which are all authentic. I highly doubt that I'll get it for the price the video listed, but anywhere close to that would be amazing. Not to mention I have tons of valuable comics, that I collected over the past years, which I'm sure will yield a profit.

Do you think Marietta will ever come back with that torrent? I was looking forward to playing some multiplayer with you guys. In the meantime I've been playing Team Fortress 2, has anyone played it before?

Oh and seeing as how you figured out who I am on Jkhub, I can only try to guess who you are on there as well. My two guesses would be:

http://jkhub.org/user/1567-lancelot/

and...

http://jkhub.org/user/2098-mdigger/

Yes? :)

No? :|

No.  :s

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
  7. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    Plus, you posted your skinning work here and there, so it wasn't really hard to figure out. ;) Additionally, you mentioned OTH in one of your status updates when you were asking how to tell if a website is dead. ;) Yes, I see and know everything.

EVERYTHING! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

[​IMG]

Ahem. :p
    Ooohh, I got a stash of my own. Now you reminded me of them. :) Ever seen this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's a short 7 parts comic series about R2-D2 and C-3PO that takes place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. Final parts partially follow the events of A New Hope, but all from the perspective of those two droids.

[​IMG]
    I don't know about Marietta. She comes & goes on random. According to her profile page, she hasn't checked in since January 12th. I'm guessing she's swamped with school and other life problems that come with living where she lives, like natural disasters. :/  

As for Team Fortress 2, no I haven't played it yet, and I doubt I ever will. I watched some gameplay videos on YouTube, and... well, this:

[​IMG]

Sorry. :/
    [​IMG]

;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    ​I've seen very similar artwork for those comics, but I haven't seen them myself. I know that the company that illustrated it is based here in Florida. They also did the cartoon for the SW holiday special awhile back:

[​IMG]

For many this segment of the special was the one saving grace of the entire film. 

How did you manage to find it? Or did you get it when came out? Is it a good read? 

The gameplay for tf2 is pretty fun, at first I thought it would suck, mainly because of the cartoonist style they were going for, but I ended up liking it the more I played it.  

9. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    [​IMG] ;)
    [​IMG] ;)
    They're still in a good condition. I wonder if anyone would be willing to buy them and how much they're worth, although I suppose each person values such things differently. Hmm... 

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
  10. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    ​Make sure you get them graded, that's the most important thing when it comes to selling them. I recommend a local comic book store. Now would be a fantastic time to sell them, because of all the hype surrounding SW atm (I guess this dates the post, huh?).

So how's life going? Right now I'm preparing for finals again and trying to wrap up my schoolyear. Over the summer I plan to learn how to drive and get my license so I can be a tad bit more independent. I also had a question, is there any means to removing a processor from a computer? I'm trying to use my I7 for my new computer I'm trying to build.   

11. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    I'm not sure if such stores even exist anywhere in my country. If they do, they're probably centered in the capital city, but even so, I highly doubt it's anywhere near to what I know about American comic book stores.

Nope. :p

Sure, but it's tricky and involves removing the entire cooling system seated on top of it first. YouTube is your friend here:

Intel coolers can be a bitch to remove & install without breaking them in the process, if you plan to reuse the cooler as well.

There's also an issue of cleaning an old thermal paste, applying the fresh layer on top of the CPU and spreading it equally without having it leak when you mount the cooling system, so it's probably a better idea to, as Scorch from Republic Commando would say it, let the expert handle it. ;)  (*) 

Ideally, if you could reuse the whole motherboard in your new computer, you wouldn't even need to touch a CPU. :)  

(*)

:p

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
  12. Joe_oth

Joe_oth Hakuna Matata

Threads:
    What would you want your tombstone to say?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mikey

Mikey :mikey: Staff Member

Threads:
    How are you today?

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    ​Oddly enough I was just thinking about this, before I saw this post.

"I could've destroyed what's around me, but I choose wisely, and was ultimately good".

Eh sounded better in my head lol.

15. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    ​Horrible I've just come to the realization that a lot of things are messed up in my life, but I'm making the most of everything. No point being negative though, currently I'm trying to learn some things about 3D animation. How are you?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  16. Mikey

Mikey :mikey: Staff Member

Threads:
    Les tired.

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    Anybody still here? What are you up to?

18. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    I'm still here, popping my head in every couple of days to clean up the spam, but Mikey seems to be MIA.  :unsure:

I don't suppose you know where he is, hmm?  :/

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    ​Haven't seen Mickey in awhile either, last I talked to him he said he was "les Tired". I know you can contact him via twitter if you need to talk to him. I've noticed some strange things the spambots have doing lately. Usually whenever someone makes a post, you'd see them more often. I kinda just wonder if it's the increase in traffic that brings them over here, or am I being completely crazy and they just come over here on an automated schedule?

20. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    I have no idea. I've been so busy lately that I barely have enough free time for anything other than eating and sleeping, so I haven't payed much attention to the way spambots have been behaving lately. I just come in, remove them, maybe linger around a bit and log out for the next couple of days.

I would post new threads when I can, but since no one would reply to them, I won't even bother.  :/  

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice