Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Discussion in 'Awesome Media' started by urbanaudio, Dec 21, 2009.

1. urbanaudio

urbanaudio Interplanetary Baron

I just saw the movie...it was amazing. For me its the new star wars, just because it has loving characters and you get really immersed in it. The visuals, acting, and storyline were all very good. Especially the visuals, i really enjoyed the world of Pandora and the movie made you feel as if you were there. And the movie has a "may the force be with you" type quote. It is "I see you", i guarentee you people will be saying that just as people back in '77 were saying may the force be with you. I highly recommend this to everybody who likes Star Wars and people who have 3 hours of free time on their hands :p

2. Sajmn

Sajmn I Punch Gizka

Saw it yesterday in 3D. Gotta say it's absolutely incredible. It creates such a wonderful world it makes you wish it was real. And not to be a graphics-whore, but the visuals are so impressive and the aliens so "lifelike", that it's not hard to immerse yourself in the experience. There were more that one occasions where the movie really evoked an emotional response and made me wet my eyes. I truly wholeheartedly recommend watching it in 3D in a cinema. I'll probably be buying it on blu-ray as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2009
  3. Rain

Rain OMG Member

Ive heard its visualy spectacular but that the plot is unoriginal and as predicatble as they come?

4. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

I plan on seeing this sometime today or tomorrow. Will post back with details :)

5. Sajmn

Sajmn I Punch Gizka

Predictable? Yes, it is.

But it's also alive and often epic. I guess it'd be fair to call it a fairy-tale with it's somewhat traditional themes, but I'd say it's victory lies in making a believable world which you care about. I can't help but feel only an emotionally dead person wouldn't be moved in the slightest by the film.

Visually, the film is pure eye candy with both exotic fauna and flora, and also some nice sci-fi tech. The character animation is superb, while the bells and whistles of modern graphics make it possible for the alien stuff to appear plausible if not "life like". Me being me I'm on always sensitive to all things unrealistic and was pleasantly surprised to see there aren't many faults in this department, and they can be forgiven.

If anything I'd wish the sides weren't so black & white, and that I could go watch it for the first time once more.

6. Fetter

Fetter More fun than a barrel of STDs

Sajmn pretty much hit it on the head for me. It is indeed an astounding film, although the story is somewhat weak.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next time I can go see the film :D

7. OP
    urbanaudio

urbanaudio Interplanetary Baron

haha same with me! I was literally on the edge of my seat towards the ending of the movie like screaming and stuff, but also wetting my eyes at parts.

8. Maral Dimor

Maral Dimor I Wanna Polka.

top five of 2009 couldn't believe that a 3d movie didn't give you a headache

9. Rain

Rain OMG Member

I seen it in 3D and it was awesome. As usual though my favourite characters go and get killed off! :p

I wouldn't say the best movie of 2009 for me, but definately in the top 5.

10. Sovereign002

Sovereign002 Rest in Peace - 28th Feb 2010

So many people are either hyping or hating this movie. I've tried looking for some people to go watch it, but those that liked it had already seen it, and the rest didn't really feel like going.

I suppose I'll just watch it on DVD, which means I'll have to miss out on the 3D, but oh well. =/

Is it me, or do the Navi really look like Blue Elves?

11. Rain

Rain OMG Member

I thought it was gonna be rubbish 'cause the trailers where a bit poor and th idea of giant blue people seemed silly. But when I seen the movie I was pleasantly surprised. My advice, go see it, even if you're on your own. Its worth it. Its one of those must see in the cinema movies if you know what I mean.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice