Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Awesome trailers - come check them out :)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Floris, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Awesome trailers - come check them out :)

Apple.com just released a new trailer: No End In Sight - Trailer

[​IMG] No End In Sight - Trailer
    The first film of its kind to chronicle the reasons behind Iraq’s descent into guerilla war, warlord rule, criminality and anarchy, NO END IN SIGHT is a jaw-dropping, insider’s tale of wholesale incompetence, recklessness and venality. Based on over 200 hours of footage, the film provides a candid retelling of the events following the fall of Baghdad in 2003 by high ranking officials such as former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage, Ambassador Barbara Bodine (in charge of Baghdad during the Spring of 2003), Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, former Chief of Staff to Colin Powell, and General Jay Garner (in charge of the occupation of Iraq through May 2003), as well as Iraqi civilians, American soldiers and prominent analysts. NO END IN SIGHT examines the manner in which the principal errors of U.S. policy - the use of insufficient troop levels, allowing the looting of Baghdad, the purging of professionals from the Iraqi government and the disbanding of the Iraqi military - largely created the insurgency and chaos that engulf Iraq today.
    Directed by: Charles Ferguson
    Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Christian Byers, Lee Cormie, James Fraser

[HL]Go watch it[/HL] :)

2. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    No Country For Old Men - Trailer

Apple.com just released a new trailer: No Country For Old Men - Trailer

[​IMG] No Country For Old Men - Trailer
    Based on the acclaimed novel by Pulitzer Prize winning American master Cormac McCarthy. The time is our own, when rustlers have given way to drug- runners and small towns have become free-fire zones. The story begins when Llewelyn Moss (BROLIN) finds a pickup truck surrounded by a sentry of dead men. A load of heroin and two million dollars in cash are still in the back. When Moss takes the money, he sets off a chain reaction of catastrophic violence that not even the law - in the person of aging, disillusioned Sheriff Bell (JONES) - can contain. As Moss tries to evade his pursuers - in particular a mysterious mastermind who flips coins for human lives (BARDEM) - the film simultaneously strips down the American crime drama and broadens its concerns to encompass themes as ancient as the Bible and as bloodily contemporary as this morning’s headlines.
    Directed by: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
    Starring: Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin

3. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Rush Hour 3 - Trailer 2c

Apple.com just released a new trailer: Rush Hour 3 - Trailer 2c

[​IMG] Rush Hour 3 - Trailer 2c
    Chris Tucker returns to the big screen after a six-year absence as he reunites with the all-star team of co-star Jackie Chan, director Brett Ratner (Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2, X-Men: The Last Stand, Hannibal), and writer Jeff Nathanson (Rush Hour 2, Catch Me If You Can) to deliver the third installment of the blockbuster Rush Hour franchise. Arriving in theaters on August 10, 2007, Rush Hour 3 sees the beloved action comedy duo of Tucker and Chan reprising their roles as LAPD Detective James Carter and Chinese Chief Inspector Lee respectively. This time around, the two must travel to Paris to battle a wing of the Chinese organized crime family, the Triads.
    Directed by: Brett Ratner
    Starring: Jackie Chan, Chris Tucker, Hiroyuki Sanada, Youki Kudoh, Max Von Sydow

4. imported_Distance

imported_Distance OMG Member

Threads:
    Re: Rush Hour 3 - Trailer 2c

This looks good, its been a while since the others were out, first one in 1988!

I will have to catch up on the others before watching this :)

5. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Dedication - Trailer

Apple.com just released a new trailer: Dedication - Trailer

[​IMG] Dedication - Trailer
    Henry Roth is messed up. A New York children’s book author who tells kids that Santa doesn’t exist, he hates sleeping with - and next to - anyone, including his girlfriend and must lay on the floor, usually with heavy objects on top of him just to feel safe. His motto is Life is nothing but the occasional burst of laughter rising above the interminable wail of grief. “Dedication,” a modern love story in which a misanthropic, emotionally complex author of a hit children’s book series (Billy Crudup) is forced to team with a beautiful illustrator (Mandy Moore) after his best friend and creative collaborator (Tom Wilkinson) passes away marks the directorial debut of Justin Theroux. As Henry struggles with letting go of the ghosts of love and life, he discovers that sometimes you have to take a gamble at life to find love.
    Directed by: Justin Theroux
    Starring: Billy Crudup, Mandy Moore, Tom Wilkinson, Martin Freeman, Dianne Wiest

6. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Things We Lost In the Fire - Trailer 1

Apple.com just released a new trailer: Things We Lost In the Fire - Trailer 1

[​IMG] Things We Lost In the Fire - Trailer 1
    Academy Award-winners Halle Berry and Benicio Del Toro star in “Things We Lost in the Fire,” a compelling drama about two people brought together by fate. Audrey Burke’s (Berry) life has been shattered by the sudden death of her husband. In grief, she turns to one of his life-long friends, Jerry Sunborne (Del Toro), a former lawyer who is on a serious downward spiral. Together, they work to repair their lives. Produced by Oscar-winner Sam Mendes and Sam Mercer and helmed by acclaimed Oscar(r)-nominated Danish director Susanne Bier.
    Directed by: Susanne Bier
    Starring: Halle Berry, Benicio del Toro, David Duchovny, Omar Benson Miller, Alison Lohman

7. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    The Seeker: the Dark Is Rising - Trailer E

Apple.com just released a new trailer: The Seeker: the Dark Is Rising - Trailer E

[​IMG] The Seeker: the Dark Is Rising - Trailer E
    Based on the acclaimed novel by Susan Cooper, THE SEEKER: THE DARK IS RISING is the first film adaptation of the author’s acclaimed The Dark is Rising Sequence. The film tells the story of Will Stanton, a young man who learns he is the last of a group of warriors who have dedicated their lives to fighting the forces of the Dark. Traveling back and forth through time, Will discovers a series of clues which lead him into a showdown with the forces of unimaginable power. With The Dark rising, the future of the world rests in Will’s hands.
    Directed by: David L. Cunningham
    Starring: Ian McShane, Christopher Eccleston, Frances Conroy, Gregory Smith, Jonathan Jackson

8. imported_Deathbyalfonzo

imported_Deathbyalfonzo OMG Member

Threads:
    Re: The Seeker: the Dark Is Rising - Trailer E

looks like a good movie, though i doubt ill go see it.

I didnt know apple made movies lol

9. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    The Kingdom - Trailer 3

Apple.com just released a new trailer: The Kingdom - Trailer 3

[​IMG] The Kingdom - Trailer 3
    No synopsis provided by studio.
    Directed by: Peter Berg
    Starring: Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman, Chris Cooper, Andrew Esposito

10. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    The Darjeeling Limited - Trailer B

Apple.com just released a new trailer: The Darjeeling Limited - Trailer B

[​IMG] The Darjeeling Limited - Trailer B
    An emotional comedy about three brothers re-forging family bonds. The eldest, played by Wilson, hopes to reconnect with his two younger siblings by taking them on a train trip across the vibrant and sensual landscape of India.
    Directed by: Wes Anderson
    Starring: Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, Jason Schwartzman, Anjelica Huston

11. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    National Treasure: Book of Secrets - Trailer 2

Apple.com just released a new trailer: National Treasure: Book of Secrets - Trailer 2

[​IMG] National Treasure: Book of Secrets - Trailer 2
    In this follow up to the box-office hit “National Treasure,” treasure hunter Ben Gates (Nicolas Cage) once again sets out on an exhilarating, action-packed new global quest to unearth hidden history and treasures. When a missing page from the diary of John Wilkes Booth surfaces, Ben’s great-great grandfather is suddenly implicated as a key conspirator in Abraham Lincoln’s death. Determined to prove his ancestor’s innocence, Ben follows an international chain of clues that takes him on a chase from Paris to London and ultimately back to America. This journey leads Ben and his crew not only to surprising revelations - but to the trail of the world’s most treasured secrets.
    Directed by: Jon Turteltaub
    Starring: Nicolas Cage, Jon Voight, Harvey Keitel, Ed Harris, Diane Kruger

12. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Lars and the Real Girl - Trailer

Apple.com just released a new trailer: Lars and the Real Girl - Trailer

[​IMG] Lars and the Real Girl - Trailer
    Written by Six Feet Under scribe Nancy Oliver, Lars and the Real Girl is a heartfelt comedy starring Academy-Award nominated Ryan Gosling as Lars Lindstrom a loveable introvert whose emotional baggage has kept him from fully embracing life. After years of what is almost solitude, he invites Bianca, a friend he met on the internet to visit him. He introduces Bianca to his Brother Gus (Paul Schneider) and his wife Karen (Emily Mortimer) and they are stunned. They don’t know what to say to Lars or Bianca – because she is a life-size doll, not a real person and he is treating her as though she is alive. They consult the family doctor Dagmar (Patricia Clarkson) who explains this is a delusion he’s created – for what reason she doesn’t yet know but they should all go along with it. What follows is an emotional journey for Lars and the people around him.
    Directed by: Craig Gillespie
    Starring: Ryan Gosling, Emily Mortimer, Paul Schneider, Kelli Garner, Patricia Clarkson

13. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Death Sentence - Trailer

Apple.com just released a new trailer: Death Sentence - Trailer

[​IMG] Death Sentence - Trailer
    Nick Hume (Kevin Bacon) is a mild-mannered executive with a perfect life, until one gruesome night he witnesses something that changes him forever. Transformed by grief, Hume eventually comes to the disturbing conclusion that no length is too great when protecting his family.
    Directed by: James Wan
    Starring: Kevin Bacon, Kelly Preston, John Goodman, Aisha Tyler, Stuart Lafferty

14. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    No Country For Old Men - Trailer

Apple.com just released a new trailer: No Country For Old Men - Trailer

[​IMG] No Country For Old Men - Trailer
    Based on the acclaimed novel by Pulitzer Prize winning American master Cormac McCarthy. The time is our own, when rustlers have given way to drug- runners and small towns have become free-fire zones. The story begins when Llewelyn Moss (BROLIN) finds a pickup truck surrounded by a sentry of dead men. A load of heroin and two million dollars in cash are still in the back. When Moss takes the money, he sets off a chain reaction of catastrophic violence that not even the law - in the person of aging, disillusioned Sheriff Bell (JONES) - can contain. As Moss tries to evade his pursuers - in particular a mysterious mastermind who flips coins for human lives (BARDEM) - the film simultaneously strips down the American crime drama and broadens its concerns to encompass themes as ancient as the Bible and as bloodily contemporary as this morning’s headlines.
    Directed by: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
    Starring: Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin

15. Joe Gronlund

Joe Gronlund OMG Member

Threads:
    Re: Death Sentence - Trailer

Looks really good :)

16. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Ira and Abby - Trailer

Apple.com just released a new trailer: Ira and Abby - Trailer

[​IMG] Ira and Abby - Trailer
    A sweet, hilarious and slightly subversive romantic comedy that examines the issues of marriage, monogamy and whether “I do” is the only path to life-long love and happiness. Ira Black, 33, is brilliant, neurotic, Jewish and has so many issues he can’t fit them into 12 years of analysis. He can’t finish his dissertation, he can’t commit to his longtime girlfriend, and he’s incapable of making a decision, even if it’s just what to order at the diner. Abby Willoughby, 30, is a free spirit who’s better at solving her friends’ problems at the gym than selling memberships. When the two meet, the impossible happens: they fall in love, meet each other’s parents and decide to get married, all in a few breathless hours.
    Directed by: Robert Cary
    Starring: Jennifer Westfeldt, Frances Conroy, Fred Willard, Robert Klein, Chris Messina

17. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Resurrecting the Champ - Trailer

Apple.com just released a new trailer: Resurrecting the Champ - Trailer

[​IMG] Resurrecting the Champ - Trailer
    Struggling sports reporter Erik Kernan (Josh Hartnett) encounters a homeless man who calls himself “Champ” (Samuel L. Jackson) only to determine that he is the one-time boxing champion Battling Bob Satterfield. What begins as a story about resurrecting a once-great man becomes Erik’s title shot. In his journey to uncover the truth, Erik has to reexamine his own life and his relationship with his young son.
    Directed by: Rod Lurie
    Starring: Samuel L. Jackson, Josh Hartnett, Kathryn Morris, Alan Alda, Teri Hatcher

18. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    My Kid Could Paint That - Trailer

Apple.com just released a new trailer: My Kid Could Paint That - Trailer

[​IMG] My Kid Could Paint That - Trailer
    In the span of only a few months, 4-year-old Marla Olmstead rocketed from total obscurity into international renown – and sold over $300,000 dollars worth of paintings. She was compared to Kandinsky and Pollock, and called “a budding Picasso.” Inside Edition, The Jane Pauley Show, and NPR did pieces, and The Today Show and Good Morning America got in a bidding war over an appearance by the bashful toddler. There was talk of corporate sponsorship with the family fielding calls from The Gap and Crayola. But not all of the attention was positive. From the beginning, many faulted her parents for exposing Marla to the glare of the media and accused the couple of exploiting their daughter for financial gain. Others felt her work was, in fact, comparable to the great abstract expressionists – but saw this as emblematic of the meaninglessness of Modern Art. “She is painting exactly as all the adult paintings have been in the past 50 years, but painting like a child, too. That is what everybody thinks but they don’t dare to say it,” said Oggi, the leading Italian weekly. Through no intention of her own, Marla revived the age-old question, ‘what is art?’
    Directed by: Amir Bar-Lev
    Starring: Marla Olmstead

19. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Dan In Real Life - Trailer

Apple.com just released a new trailer: Dan In Real Life - Trailer

[​IMG] Dan In Real Life - Trailer
    Advice columnist Dan Burns is an expert on relationships, but somehow struggles to succeed as a brother, a son and a single parent in this heartfelt comedy from director Peter Hedges (“Pieces Of April”).
    Directed by: Peter Hedges
    Starring: Steve Carell, Juliette Binoche, Dane Cook, John Mahoney, Emily Blunt

20. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Ira and Abby - Trailer

Apple.com just released a new trailer: Ira and Abby - Trailer

[​IMG] Ira and Abby - Trailer
    A sweet, hilarious and slightly subversive romantic comedy that examines the issues of marriage, monogamy and whether “I do” is the only path to life-long love and happiness. Ira Black is brilliant, neurotic, Jewish and has so many issues he can’t fit them into 12 years of analysis. Abby Willoughby is a free spirit who works in a gym and is better at solving her friends’ problems than selling memberships. When the two meet, the impossible happens: they fall in love, meet each other’s parents and decide to get married, all in a few breathless hours. And life is good, for a while, until a series of comic misadventures (multiple divorces, in-laws, affairs, exes, and too many therapists) force the couple to rethink their strategies.
    Directed by: Robert Cary
    Starring: Jennifer Westfeldt, Frances Conroy, Fred Willard, Robert Klein, Chris Messina

21. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Lars and the Real Girl - Trailer

Apple.com just released a new trailer: Lars and the Real Girl - Trailer

[​IMG] Lars and the Real Girl - Trailer
    Written by Six Feet Under scribe Nancy Oliver, Lars and the Real Girl is a heartfelt comedy starring Academy-Award nominated Ryan Gosling as Lars Lindstrom a loveable introvert whose emotional baggage has kept him from fully embracing life. After years of what is almost solitude, he invites Bianca, a friend he met on the internet to visit him. He introduces Bianca to his Brother Gus (Paul Schneider) and his wife Karen (Emily Mortimer) and they are stunned. They don’t know what to say to Lars or Bianca — because she is a life-size doll, not a real person and he is treating her as though she is alive. They consult the family doctor Dagmar (Patricia Clarkson) who explains this is a delusion he’s created — for what reason she doesn’t yet know but they should all go along with it. What follows is an emotional journey for Lars and the people around him.
    Directed by: Craig Gillespie
    Starring: Ryan Gosling, Emily Mortimer, Paul Schneider, Kelli Garner, Patricia Clarkson

22. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Self Medicated - Trailer

Apple.com just released a new trailer: Self Medicated - Trailer

[​IMG] Self Medicated - Trailer
    On the outskirts of Las Vegas, far from the bright lights of the Strip, 17 year-old Andrew’s life is spiraling out of control. Powerless to intervene as he backslides into drugs, alcohol, and violence, his mother decides to hire a private company to forcibly kidnap Andrew and take him to a locked-down (and corrupt) psychiatric center for teens. As Andrew is subjected to the physical and emotional abuses of the program, something inside of him is re-awakened, and he decides the only way to get back on track is to face his demons head-on.
    Directed by: Monty Lapica
    Starring: Diane Venora, Monty Lapica, Greg Germann, Michael Bowen, Kristina Anapau

23. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Elizabeth: the Golden Age - Trailer 1

Apple.com just released a new trailer: Elizabeth: the Golden Age - Trailer 1

[​IMG] Elizabeth: the Golden Age - Trailer 1
    Reprising the roles they originated in seven-time Academy Award-nominated Elizabeth, Cate Blanchett and Geoffrey Rush return for a gripping historical thriller laced with treachery and romance—The Golden Age. Joining them in the epic is Clive Owen as Sir Walter Raleigh, a dashing seafarer and newfound temptation for Elizabeth.
    Directed by: Shekhar Kapur
    Starring: Cate Blanchett, Geoffrey Rush, Clive Owen, Rhys Ifans, Jordi Molla

24. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Alvin and the Chipmunks - Trailer A

Apple.com just released a new trailer: Alvin and the Chipmunks - Trailer A

[​IMG] Alvin and the Chipmunks - Trailer A
    A global treasure that has delighted three generations of fans, comes to the big screen for the first time. The live-action/CGI motion picture event brings together the celebrated history of its beloved characters - Dave Seville and singing chipmunks Alvin, Simon and Theodore - adding a new comic sensibility and edge. The squeaky-voiced trio and Dave Seville made recording, broadcasting and merchandising history - selling 43 million albums, winning several Grammys, and headlining an animated prime time series, numerous TV specials, and a top-rated Saturday morning series seen in over 100 countries and translated into 40 languages.
    Directed by: Tim Hill
    Starring: Jason Lee, David Cross, Cameron Richardson

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice