Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. If you broke the /rules and you know it, there's no need to appeal. If you believe your ban was at fault, and you really wish to continue playing, then you can consider an appeal. Include your IGN (in-game name) and ban-reason. Plead your case in easy to understand English, and within a week of your ban. Please note that we usually do not remove perm-bans, and that access to our services is at our discretion. Your ban-appeal is in our public forum, others besides our staff are able to view it.

Ban-appeal: Don't except to be unbanned but

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Macadam, Sep 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macadam

Macadam OMG Member

Threads:
    Hello guys,
    Most of u probably hate me but let me share my words,

My time has been well spent on this server even tho i got banned a couple of times i've had fun with u guys especially Vloop always helps and does stuff for u and is very nice if new members read this ask
    Vloop anything he will try to help except pvp lol that is not his thing.i admit i am in the wrong but this is kinda stupid on how i got banned literally i have done way worse and i get banned for killing a parrot but whatever it is Floris' server. i would have liked to finish my 1mb series first but whatever.

And floris can u give all my stuff to vloop and all my homes and my money and my build area's

and a shout out to vloop and floris
    Vloop plays minecraft - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJRL06R53PNhsZABUx6vuiw
    Floris Fiedeldij Dop - https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFloris

2. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:

Appeal accepted, this appeal is now in progress [ waiting to hear back from team members' opinions ]

Next step:
    I will follow up with a conclusion.

For reference:

Had a special gifted pet on me, that Macadam was made aware of, after mentioning twice to not kill it, he didn't Focussed attention on a creeper with trident, then when I explored the area he invited me to, I jumped on a ledge and the parrot jumped off, I turned towards it. I saw Macadam yield his sword and kill the pet. It was announced in chat.

This is the so manyeth time where when asked not to do something to still continue. We've had various instances in the past and a variety of second chances. At this point I am just done with it being a one way street where I try to understand a mistake, someone's age or 'learning minecraft', etc. As a courtesy to see if Macadam would last until the end of the month with Builder, so we could give it for 2020, he was given the option to earn it to try this month. Not within a week after asking to not kill a pet, he kills it.

1MBNetwork deals with resolving this ban, not me. So there's an objective eye on it. But if I am asked to unban, my vote is no right now. I have not read Macadam's post, I will leave that to 1MBNetwork.

Note please that players don't usually get this many second chances, as far as I am concerned Macadam's out of them. And he should have realised that and made an active effort to not kill the pet of a team member (or any player for that matter) when just informed.

Thank you for taking the time to write a ban-appeal and saying that you enjoyed playing on the server. It's a shame that we had to ban you and I appreciate it that you admitted to killing the pet. Please allow 1MBNetwork a couple of days to review this appeal with some staff members.

3. OP
    Macadam

Macadam OMG Member

Threads:
    floris i didn't kill it with the sword i used a bow and i tohught i wonder if i shoot away from it with it hit and it did i dont really except to be unbanned but thats what i did

4. Monarch

Monarch OMG Member

Threads:
    So what you're basically saying "I wonder if I do this, if it will kill it", that's purposely shooting to see if you can kill it.

5. Roberto

Roberto OMG Member

Threads:

Appeal review, this appeal is now in progress of conclusion [ team members' opinions are being considered ]

I have read your ban-appeal post, I've spoken to Floris in private, and listened to the input and opinions of some of the other team members. And I've reviewed your account notes from the past, and any recent notes/infractions. This all together should allow me to come to a consensus and possibly a final decision.

What you can possibly expect: There are two possible situations right now.
    - If we decide to keep you banned, your region, items, chests, etc. will remain as they are now. A ban if set will be permanent, and network wide.
    - The other situation would be a final second chance under strict conditions. Previous infractions, account notes, etc will be wiped. Your rank will be reset to default. But there is no wiggle room - we expect you to think twice to make sure they stay within the rules.

In other words, either the appeal is declined and you remain banned, expanding to the network. Or you have the option to take a final second chance. In both situations we will not touch the region, items, builds.

Next step: I will update this appeal by Friday with my decision. Note please that Floris usually has final say, but since he's involved in this ban, that decision is with me.

6. Paprikaatje

Paprikaatje OMG Member

Threads:
    I do not know if we're allowed to reply to ban-appeal discussions, but I hope there's room for my opinion in regards to this player.

Personally I agree to the argument: With enough infractions in the past, at some point it's too much.
    But I also agree that the killing of a personal mob doesn't justify a perm-ban.

In defense of Macadam, I've known him from a couple of servers. And he started playing rather young. And when there was an issue the result -to me at least- was that Macadam learned from this, he adjusted and tried his best to show he wants to be part of a community. I think as long as there's progress moving forward that a full removal is not in support of this.

I defense of Roberto, I think it's nothing but fair to offer the option that 'final chance, learn from it'.

Best of luck Macadam.

7. Roberto

Roberto OMG Member

Threads:

Appeal completed, a final decision has been made [ conclusion listed below ]

Next step: Your ban will be lifted this one and final time, a serious infraction has been added to your account. You're allowed to log back into the game when the ban has been lifted.
    • Your homes have not been removed
    • Your items have not been removed
    • Your builds have not been removed
    • Your /gift box has been emptied
    • Your /money balance has been reset to 0
    • Your option to rank up is revoked until Summer 2020.
    Note: Besides my personal opinion when it comes to dealing with bans, some team members were reluctant to support a second chance, while others however are in favour of it. I have taken this under consideration and decided that our gut feeling that you're a nice person, but have a lot to learn. And I believe that maybe this was more an accident than a "let's kill this player their animal on purpose, because lol".

In exchange for this second chance: we'd love for you to better respect our rules, by for example being more honest, more careful, more considerate of others, and to understand this isn't a "let's try and see what happens" kind of server, or a "let's use every shortcut possible to gain an advantage, maybe even things I should report" kind of server. I hope you understand what I am trying to say/explain.

This is a second chance - you basically start again.
    It's up to you to show us you indeed really wish to continue playing on our server. If we find you doing stuff that breaks any of our rules: we will feel disrespected, and your account will be suspended on our network without option for appeal.

Cooldown time:
    Your current ban has been adjusted to a temporary ban, the time is set to 90 days.
    Once the temporary ban has expired, you're free again to re-join the server if you wish to do so.

Just an fyi, bypassing the bans with alternative accounts is against our rules, please refrain from doing so.

8. Roberto

Roberto OMG Member

Threads:
    Have not received an update since the conclusion. Locking this ban-appeal. I will assume you've read it and that you will behave if you decide to return in 2020. Like I said, we will no longer tolerate any further rule breaking, no matter the size. It's all up to yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice