Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. If you broke the /rules and you know it, there's no need to appeal. If you believe your ban was at fault, and you really wish to continue playing, then you can consider an appeal. Include your IGN (in-game name) and ban-reason. Plead your case in easy to understand English, and within a week of your ban. Please note that we usually do not remove perm-bans, and that access to our services is at our discretion. Your ban-appeal is in our public forum, others besides our staff are able to view it.

Ban-appeal: Semi-Voluntary ban.

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by thatguyxad, Oct 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguyxad

thatguyxad OMG Member

Threads:
    Hello. Allow me to explain my (now foiled) plan.
    I was going to sell everything I had and give it to Vloop. Dauggo convinced me to do it. I was gonna do it the nice way but...I don't know anymore. I kind of want back. I'm sorry. I don't expect an unban and that's fine, it was my fault. I'm sorry, I want back.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Hey there,

After a day of complaining reporting back that you were bored your friend said the same thing. I took the time to help you guys out set up (after Blue leaving) so you could build up a town and continue the community. I didn't have to do that, plus now you're leaving those players in the dark and abandoned town.

In return you two are suddenly bored. I took the time to write out all the features (that's just 40% of what you can do to not be bored), I never got a response to that, and I didn't have to make the effort but I tried.

I spotted you both online selling everything, and read the things you wrote in the party chat etc.

You can't say Dauggo made me do it, when your first sentence is "my plan".
    You can't say you were planning on gifting it all to Vloop, based on what you said in mcMMO /party chat, and using /sell to get rid of everything.

If you guys want to leave, just leave. Simple as that. No need to make drama out of it.

My apologies that the server isn't what you want out of Minecraft. But based on what I saw on the forums in threads with build ideas, the features I listed, or the stuff you were all doing on the server, I do not feel an effort was made to try and get inspired, motivated, or to participate. Nothing I can do about that.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Roberto

Roberto OMG Member

Threads:

Appeal accepted, this appeal is now in progress [ waiting to hear back from team members' opinions ]

For reference:

Thank you for taking the time to write a ban-appeal and saying that you enjoyed playing on the server. It's a shame that we had to ban you as a prevention because it came across like you were leaving, getting rid of everything. And I appreciate it that you admitted to having a plan to do so in some manner. Please allow me a couple of days to review this appeal with some other administrators to see what our usual policy is in regards to temporary bans like these.

If in the meantime you wish to append to the thread, this is possible again now. Floris had to wait for me to come online first.

Next step: I will follow up with a conclusion before Friday.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Paprikaatje

Paprikaatje OMG Member

Threads:
    I've seen you two online rarely, but when you were on it seems like you had loads of fun. How come it's suddenly boring or even a reason to leave the server?

Why not just take a break, keep what you have, instead of taking it down or selling it all?

Sorry for butting in, just curious. And I don't want to see you two leave!

5. Roberto

Roberto OMG Member

Threads:

Appeal completed, a final decision has been made [ conclusion listed below ]

Next step: Your ban will be lifted this one and final time, you're allowed to log back into the game when the ban has been lifted. This is done to help you play the game, since you mentioned you desire to get back into the server. This is not meant to come online and give away your belongings, trash them, or ruing your builds etc. I hope you understand the difference.
    • Your homes have not been removed
    • Your items have not been removed
    • Your builds have not been removed
    • Your /gift box has not been emptied
    • Your /money balance has not been reset
    • Your option to rank up is revoked until Summer 2020.
    • Your access to Discord has been restored.
    Note: My personal opinion when it comes to dealing with preventive bans is that I do not believe in them, some team members had a different opinion about this as well. I have taken this and your appeal under consideration and decided that our gut feeling that you're a reasonable person, it's up to us now to find out how honest you really are. And I believe that is maybe a chance we have to give you.

In exchange for this second chance: we'd love for you to better respect our rules, by for example being more honest, more careful, more considerate of others, and to understand this is an option for you to take, if you indeed wish to come online to continue playing. I hope you understand what I am trying to say/explain.

This is a second chance.
    It's up to you to show us you indeed really wish to continue playing on our server. If we find you just getting rid of stuff and builds, or do anything that breaks any of the rules: we will feel disrespected, and your account will be suspended on our network without option for appeal.

Cooldown time:
    Your current ban has been adjusted to a temporary ban, the time is set to either when you take this option to come back, or November 1st 2019 comes along.

Please let us know in this thread if you wish to indeed come back and continue playing, and we will lift the ban after the weekend.

Note that if we don't hear from you by November 1st, that this temporary ban expires and turns into a permanent one.

Just an fyi, bypassing the bans with alternative accounts is against our rules, please refrain from doing so.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roberto

Roberto OMG Member

Threads:
    Update: We didn't hear back before November 1st, this turned into a perm ban now. We're not convinced you're actually motivated to come back to play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice