Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. If you broke the /rules and you know it, there's no need to appeal. If you believe your ban was at fault, and you really wish to continue playing, then you can consider an appeal. Include your IGN (in-game name) and ban-reason. Plead your case in easy to understand English, and within a week of your ban. Please note that we usually do not remove perm-bans, and that access to our services is at our discretion. Your ban-appeal is in our public forum, others besides our staff are able to view it.

Ban-appeal: Vladabar

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Vladabar, Sep 17, 2020.

?

Can I get un banned?

Poll closed Oct 7, 2020.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladabar

Vladabar OMG Member

Hey Server members.
    Some time ago happened bad thing. My own friends that I introduced to the server faced an issue of having their house destroyed.
    Me as a person who introduced them to non grief server sees no point of doing that.
    Later on I found out that I was done by old friend to whom I have given the account credentials to do so. I told him that I play on one specific server and he can do whatever he wants.
    This morning of course I have changed my credentials.
    My friends in group chat have forgiven me for this, but they did not expect to get me banned for this.
    I'm not a person who violates the rules. Sorry for inconvenience

2. Roberto

Roberto Well-Known Member Team

Hello Vladabar,

Thank you for using the forum to appeal your very recent ban.

I see the reason is : grief. The amount of blocks for that 150 radius was about 500. We have not yet received reports from different areas by other players.

This message is to let you know we have seen the appeal, it's not accepted yet. I have yet to speak to Floris.

I am glad you're explaining the situation to try and resolve it. We're usually very strict about our rules, to prevent grief and other types of abuse. It is good to hear this is how you like to play: grief free, etc. I am sorry that you appear to have made the. mistake of sharing an account and that they've abused your trust as a friend.

A quick glance at the account used on the 1MB server does leave me with a question I hope you can answer for me, before I talk to Floris:

Were you with your friend at the same location when you shared the account, or were they at work, home, or school, not like in the same house with you?

I found a sign with 'Jesse' on it, is Jesse your name or your friends' name? This might also help clear up something.

3. OP
    Vladabar

Vladabar OMG Member

As for example. Floris, I have even requested to make previous village untouchable to other players before new patch came out. Village was to me (vladabar) and other friend (I'm trademarked)

4. OP
    Vladabar

Vladabar OMG Member

Roberto. Since I don't live in my home country anymore we live separetly. But I have given him my VPN tunnel so that he can use it for Netflix and stuff that are not allowed or yet to be seen in my home country. So everything goes via my house.

5. OP
    Vladabar

Vladabar OMG Member

Nooo. Jesse is a friend who I have introduced to the server. Same as people who reported issue.

6. OP
    Vladabar

Vladabar OMG Member

People I introduced this server also are, if I am correct with nicknames:
    Rensc1
    Bavi2003
    Kerstmanscout22

7. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Appeal accepted, this appeal is now in progress [ waiting to hear back from Vladabar and waiting to complete a discussion with Roberto ]

For reference:

Thank you for taking the time to write a ban-appeal and saying that you enjoy playing on servers that does not support grief. It's a shame it happened on your account. Please note that as an account holder you're responsible for the account, and that Mojang EULA does not permit account sharing.

It's a shame that we had to ban your account for grief, and to prevent it from happening again. Because it came across like you were having fun the other times you've played. And I appreciate it that you admitted to the situation and that you have explained it from your point of view.

Note though that if more than one person using an account means that this makes it a lot more difficult for us to moderate. Especially if the IP on the account on each login is the same for everybody using it.

We can't have 5 people using 1 account, and have players expect us to temp ban as an exception for that account each time something happens. Everybody would just always tell us: "my brother did it" (just explaining)

Can you confirm you are the account holder, and you're the one playing with imtrademarked on that island, and that you only shared the account with Jesse who abused it? Are there others who play on your account? Will you stop sharing your account details with others and instead tell them to just buy their own?

Please allow me a couple of days to review this appeal so we can possibly move forward from it.

- Account sharing is against the Mojang Community Guidelines, which we mention in our rules.
    - We expect everybody that joins the server to read the signs at /spawn and the on-Join welcome message, both mentioning our /rules.
    - The rules do apply, and we do enforce them when we either catch the player at any point for breaking the rules. Or when there's a report by others of any rule breaking.
    - We have rules to hopefully have a fun environment where others feel comfortable building things that can last for many years, we even offer roll back options for grief, and active players can request region protection.
    - Account holders are responsible for their account, if a family member uses the computer, a friend uses the login, .. their actions reflect on the account holder. It's in their best interest to not say: You can do whatever you want. But instead say: Check the /rules, and don't get me banned pls.

If in the meantime you wish to append to the thread, this is possible again now.

Next step: I will try follow up before the weekend.

8. OP
    Vladabar

Vladabar OMG Member

Jesse is another friend who I introduced to server. I don't remember his nickname jssgdf or something like that.
    Sharing account is stopped and won't happen again. We made an island where the situation happened for our friend group so we can make our own village. Before I introduced my friends to this server it was only me and Imtrademarked.

9. Roberto

Thank you for clarifying this. Because we found a sign admitting to grief, placed by you, signed by Jesse.
    Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 10.27.32.png

Thank you for explaining and replying to that question. This information helps too.

10. Floris

Yep, I remember, the island is region protected with the accounts of the both of you.

There was recently grief by revi in their area, he got banned. We will not unban that account.
    Kerstman noticed the ban today and reported it. I've restored the grief we found. Other players have to go check their builds and report anything if they find it.

So far the accounts for kerstman, bavi, and rensc1 are in good standing, minus a little friendly warning to not grief/spam chat.

So there's two Jesses, one on Vladabar account that made a sign with Jesse, and a user with Jesse in their username, I think I've indeed seen that username as well in that area on a sign.

Thank you for confirming that you will no longer share the accounts, so we know future actions are done by you.

Besides the island, you're free to build in free space anywhere on the /general world by the way. You're not limited to one base or home :)

Okay, I think Roberto and I have enough information for us to discuss this internally. I will try to follow up before the weekend.

11. Roberto

Since there's no conflict between Floris and you, and Floris and I are on the same page about this so far. I have no further questions and I will have that chat later today with Floris and let him deal with the ban appeal moving forward.

12. Floris

The ban on Discord was to prevent back-forths in DM and drama in the chat. Since the appeal was nicely made here, I have now removed the block from Discord, you're free to rejoin. https://omgboards.com/discord/ ~ but please note it's not the place to discuss the ban.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Floris

Appeal accepted, this appeal is now completed ]

For reference:

Please note that generally we do not bother with ban-appeals because 99% of the time it's clearly a rule breaking thing that we always perm ban for. However, we're open to try and understand individual situations and find the 1% exceptions.

I do strongly believe this was on you. Because you willfully shared your account with someone and told them they can do whatever.

Your arguments and information that it wasn't you, that you like to play grief-free, and that you enjoy the server and wish to keep playing. Together with: I won't share the account anymore. Is enough for me to make that 1% exception.

What's next:

An infraction has been added to your account, this does prevent certain future account upgrades, and future issues might result in a perm ban without the option to appeal. So please understand that we have /rules, you can find them on our forums here or through the link in /rules in-game.

Your ban will be lifted at some point today, and you're more than welcome back. What you and imtrademarked have been building is really nice and it's good to see you all having a fun time.

Thank you for making the effort to write a proper ban appeal and give the information we asked for. It really helped to better understand the situation.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Floris

We had no follow up on this, closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice