Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. If you broke the /rules and you know it, there's no need to appeal. If you believe your ban was at fault, and you really wish to continue playing, then you can consider an appeal. Include your IGN (in-game name) and ban-reason. Plead your case in easy to understand English, and within a week of your ban. Please note that we usually do not remove perm-bans, and that access to our services is at our discretion. Your ban-appeal is in our public forum, others besides our staff are able to view it.

Ban-appeal: Vloop

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Vloop, Nov 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vloop

Vloop Well-Known Member Donator

It's me, Vloop... Rodolfo.

I know I have been away for many months now and ... I still feel ashamed of what I did and I am terrible with words now.
    I want to make amends. I would like to come back to playing on the server - no extra perks, no being part of staff, nothing special, just a normal player like everybody else.
    I have been instructed to come talk to you guys because I still seem to be handcuffed on the server.
    I'm not in depression anymore, I'm not ranting anymore, I admit what I did was horrible and I deserve whatever you guys feel fair on me.
    If I need to do anything in order to redeem myself, just tell me. I would really like to come back to the server and have fun like I used to in the past.
    I miss you all!

Thanks!

2. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Hey there Vloop,

It's nice to hear from you. I will let @Roberto know that you've made an appeal in regards to the account being cuffed. Just to clarify, technically you're not banned.

3. OP
    Vloop

Yup, I know.
    I couldn't send Roberto a message, as you told me to do it. So I appealed. :hug:

4. Roberto

Roberto Well-Known Member Team

Hello,

This thread is fine here to appeal. Message received! (Appeal request accepted)

Remarks:
    I have to check into what was discussed previously and I will be back with probably a couple of questions.

What's next:
    Give me a day (max Friday) for me to follow up.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  5. Roberto

Roberto Well-Known Member Team

Hello again Vloop,

After gathering up some information and trying to understand/remember the reason behind what happened I am back with some thoughts and concerns. Hopefully you can contribute some additional information to ease my mind so we can move forward removing the account lock.

Remarks / Concerns:
    While it happens from time to time that a long term player in any community feels that changes in the community with players or staff have become something they no longer feel aligned with, it is also unfortunately that it is not uncommon that personal offline reasons this makes it an emotional experience that gets expressed in a way that isn't desirable.

This seems to have happened earlier this year with you. And while we perhaps not fully understand the details, we can understand it is a bit of an exception for you as a person. This is why we all had the opinion (and maybe Floris more than me) that a ban wasn't a suitable solution.

Of course it's unacceptable how it has resulted in others purposely breaking the rules, and saying terrible things that were untrue, just to try and make things worse. This has cost us as a community in players, and may has damaged our reputation indirectly. For this, those players are no longer welcome. And you were cuffed to make sure - before we let you back in - that we are clear about a few things moving forward.

We want you to let you back in as a player, to continue enjoying playing Minecraft.

If your intentions are otherwise, then you're not.

Meanwhile (I've learned) that you've shown it was indeed an exception to the rule by expressing concern for the unintended side consequences of how others misbehaved. And you have shown regret that this all has even transpired in the first place.

However, for us to move forward, I think it's fair to say as staff person that some trust has been damaged. How do we know you're not back to continue taking down builds, or giving away the full inventories, cause drama, or to cipher away players to another server.. as some sort of revenge? And while I personally do not expect this from you; I've seen people do far worse in my history of managing communities when I didn't expect it. Looking forward to hear you respond to this particular paragraph.

What's Next?
    I want to hear back from you that you're here to have fun playing Minecraft and aren't back with any other intentions. And if that's the truth I have no problem taking your word for it and putting that trust in you. The cuffs will come off and we can leave this experience behind us and move forward enjoying Minecraft as a community.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post them in this thread. This is a conversation after all.

https://omgboards.com/threads/community-rules-policies-and-guidelines.260946/
    Please note that unfair advantages, cheats, 0 tick farms, bug exploiting, afk-grinding, world-grief, etc are not allowed, that we're family friendly, do not allow advertising of any sorts, and generally perm ban rule breakers due to a pretty strict zero tolerance policy.

Finally; please note: I prefer to hear back before the weekend is over. If by Monday I haven't heard back I will have to assume you reconsidered or disagreed and the appeal expires and gets locked.

6. Floris

Injecting my opinion and some comments.

Hey Vloop, Roberto,

Fair point: If you're back to play MC, perfect, welcome back. The cuff can be removed. And I agree, it seems that personal lives and online lives can cause a mix of emotions that sometimes can result in creative projects and sometimes in a moment that's less fun.

I think from the emails I've received from Vloop it's clear he wish he was able to play this whole year on the server without that stuff happening.

Looking forward to hear from vloop and then take it from there.

Final comments:
    - everybody is an equally valued player, we try to be there for those who have fun playing and are active.
    - we're pretty strict towards others who dont fit that community spirit to try and keep it a safe space.
    - you've donated in the past, your donation group is still there, we won't remove that - that's real money.
    - you've helped in the past, but the helper/team position moving forward won't be a thing anymore, sorry.
    - this thing has impacted us enough that instead of a ban it's a cuff with an infraction on the account.

Hoping to hear your response to Roberto's post but I think we're already all on the same page.

7. OP
    Vloop

Hi, Roberto,
    Hi, everyone!!!

I'm very very happy to hear back from you guys.
    I feel really bad for what I have done and I really wish to make amends.
    I know that the trust in me has been broken in a deep level and I feel extremely bad for this. I was depressed, my judgement was clouded because of this and I hurt people, I broke rules, I caused pain... I definetely don't want this to happen again and I really wish to be accepted back to the community that had me as a dear player, as part of the family.
    I totally understand that the trust will not come back - I know it's not that simple - but I really wish to make friends with everyone again, I really wish to make up for what I've done.

My intentions are the best, take my word for this. No revenge, no harsh feelings on my side, I just really want to be friends again and continue playing with you all. I know that the trust in me will - maybe never - be restored, but I'm more than willing to prove that I can be of trust again. I'm not taking down any builds - well, unless any experiment in game doesn't work - or destroying anything that belongs to me or anyone else. I don't want to cause any drama ever again. I want to be the old Vloop that was everybody's friend and that was trusted.

I really hope I can make it up to you guys! I spent these past months feeling horribly bad and it took me a while to find words to express that and to come forth and ask for forgiveness! I'm totally OK with not being a helper anymore, I know this kind of trust will not come back overnight. And really I'm fine with that!

Please, forgive me! I promise I won't do any of that - or anything that breaks rules or hurt people - ever again!!!
    Accept my deepest and most sincere and honest apologies!
    <3

8. Floris

Hi Vloop,

Roberto will be busy with some other stuff for a while, but this is good to hear.

Remarks:
    I've set the infraction, removed the cuff, and you should be able to rejoin the game without restrictions. If you have any issues there is a #support channel on Discord where you can open a new private ticket with the staff. (Or on the forums in public here: https://omgboards.com/forums/support/create-thread)

We would appreciate it if what happened in the past isn't constantly brought up in the game, let's focus on moving forward.

What's Next:
    Nothing, have fun playing on 1MoreBlock.com.

Floris, Roberto, and the team.

9. OP
    Vloop

Oh my god!!! Thank you very very much!!!
    Yes, let's move forward!!! No words of that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice