Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Best writing time

Discussion in 'Awesome Media' started by Madigan, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Madigan

Madigan OMG Member

Best writing time

Hi guys:)

I've realized over time that my best time to write is really late at night or really early in the morning. Perhaps because it's the quietest time for me. I can write without having to worry about phone calls, people dropping by, errands to run and any other interuption.

When I sit down to write and the ideas and the words start to flow, and I feel like I'm on a roll, the last thing I want is a phone call or someone dropping by for a visit. After that it seems to take forever to get back into the "groove" so to speak.

I still end up writing often during the day as well, but just never seem to get as much accomplished as I do with only a few hours late at night or early in the morning. I'm know it's hard to keep a writing schedule when one has so many other things to do during the day.

Whether it's a job or career we have to go to everyday, or schooling, or even children around the house for those with families, we all have everyday priorities and stuff we have to deal with. Sometimes it's hard finding the time to write.

I was just curious though, does anyone else feel like they have a time when they feel their writing is best?
    A certain time of the day or perhaps a certain time during the week?

I would like to hear your feedback.:)

2. Davidk

Davidk OMG Member

Same, night is really good. You're worries are gone, and you think more clearly.

3. Christopher

Christopher OMG Member

Late night all the way. Though I don't write (English anyway, programmer here ;)) often, late night is the best for me. Everyone is in bed, it's nice a quiet, no annoying sunlight glaring on my computer screen ;)

4. Davidk

Davidk OMG Member

What programming do you do?

5. Christopher

Christopher OMG Member

PHP mostly.

6. OP
    Madigan

Madigan OMG Member

What is PhP? Think I've seen it written in a forum somewhere.

7. Christopher

Christopher OMG Member

http://php.net

PHP is what most of the web software is running these days, including this forum ;)

8. Davidk

Davidk OMG Member

Yes, PHP is huge.

How much PHP programming knowledge do you have my friend?

9. Christopher

Christopher OMG Member

lol I don't know :p Do you know PHP?

I'm making a new blog script, right now. :cool:

10. Pyro

Pyro OMG Member

I definatly think late at night is the best time. I tend to be calmer and more docile than the day, and everything sounds pretty decent, whereas during the day stuff I write is usually rushed and is crap.

11. Davidk

Davidk OMG Member

Chroder,

Very impressive, I am a website designer, and most of my clients want php form, where a user can fill out the info, click submit, redirect them to the main page, and it sends them a email, without them leaving the website.

Can you make them?

If so, how much do you charge? I could use a couple here shortly, for some clients.

12. Christopher

Christopher OMG Member

Something like that is really simple. There are form mailer scripts everywhere (ie. Hotscripts). If none suit you, I'll make one for you free of charge. I might even have one hanging around here from an earlier date.

13. Davidk

Davidk OMG Member

Well,

I seen the free ones, I personally don't like them, and I need someone to integrate the html of the website into it, since I lack the necessary knowledge, I'm a sucky designer, I just make easy simplistic websites.

How much to integrate it into my html pages? And the form itself, etc..

14. Fats

Fats OMG Member

i'm going to be the odd man out here, but I prefer to write during the late evening, before the sun has gone down. I go into my basement and start writing, I think that the lighting has something to do with calming me down and helping the words to flow.

15. OP
    Madigan

Madigan OMG Member

Hey, whatever works best for you Fats.
    We all have a favorite time to write. That's why I started this thread, I thought it would be interesting to see how many people have different time preferences.
    Welcome! Glad to have you along.

16. mems

mems OMG Member

Like all off you i mostly write at nighttime,but when the weather is good and i go to the dunes here i get a lot of inspiration too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice