Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Brandon Spikes And The Eye Gouge Heard 'Round the SEC

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TeHpUmKinKiNg, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Should Spikes Be Suspended Longer?

1. Yes. Hell Yes. That sort of conduct is unacceptable.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No way, Ki. Spikes made a mistake, and hes being punished for it already.

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Brandon Spikes' fourth-quarter interception for a touchdown Saturday punctuated top-ranked Florida's 41-17 victory over the Georgia Bulldogs. With the Gators atop the BCS standings for a third straight week, though, it's another Spikes play that has resonated -- for all the wrong reasons.

A video from Saturday's broadcast shows the senior, All-America linebacker shoving his hand into the top of Georgia running back Washaun Ealey's facemask at some point during the game. It appears to be an attempt to gouge Ealey's eyes as the Georgia player lie at the bottom of a pile-up after a play. A flag wasn't thrown on the play, which was captured clearly on CBS' national broadcast of the game.

[​IMG]<cite></cite>

Brandon Spikes, Senior, Linebacker

The incident was news to coach Urban Meyer on Sunday during a conference call with reporters.

"If that's the case, I'll have a very serious talk with him," Meyer said.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDOy-RMIpF0"]YouTube - Brandon Spikes Florida Gators eye gouge vs Georgia[/ame]

Now, I understand that this rivalry has been heated for years and that neither side will be sending the other any Christmas cards anytime soon, but there's no need for this action in a game. Spikes said later that he was retaliating for something Ealey did to him earlier in the game.

Florida's Head Coach Urban Meyer said Spikes will be forced to sit out the first half of next Saturday's game against Vanderbilt. Wow. A whole half.

Clearly, I think Spikes' punishment is way too lax. I think he should be suspended for the rest of the year- postseason, and all. There is no room for that in football, especially on a BCS team.

What do you think? Should Spikes be punished more severely, or is his current punishment fitting?

2. Maral Dimor

Maral Dimor I Wanna Polka.

it really dosen't matter he is only missing the first half of the game against a weak Vanderbilt team.

3. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Well, today is the day of his big punishment. What a joke.

4. Sovereign002

Sovereign002 Rest in Peace - 28th Feb 2010

A joke indeed. He should be punished more severely, yes. I suppose they can't risk losing any money over this, though. So his "punishment" is reduced to this.

Gotta love the world we live in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice