Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Character Customization

Discussion in 'SWTOR Discussion' started by Nelson_MD, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Nelson_MD

Nelson_MD I Heart FOTOR :hugs:

Threads:
    [​IMG]

Lately there had been a lot of talk about character customization especially after the release of the Jedi Knight Video of the character progression, which the SW:TOR Community Loved (including myself). But this brings up the questions, are we allowed to change the appearance of our character, are we allowed to "customize" our companions. And most important to all of those force users, CAN I "CUSTOMIZE" MY LIGHTSABER HILT???

These are the most important questions that will be answered in this post, because obviously they let us critique the game before it comes out, and lets us know what we are allowed to do with our characters once they have been created!

This is what the character customization screen looks like as you create your character!

And it looks amazing, yes I know!

[​IMG]

Based off of that, we know that we can change our characters face, body type, gender (of course), and-of course-our characters alignment and class! Oh, and our name, how could I forget that? But other than that, we can't change our characters starting clothes...hopefully we can wash them, the guy above looks like he needs to wash his!

But, other than that, we don't really know what we are allowed to do with our character very much. We know that (from ), that off of their image analyzing, that we buy our armor and then put it on, like any other game. But that is all that has really come out of that video.

DarthHater

But, as all of you should know, they came out with a a long time ago, and it showcased a few of the many armor combinations in the game.

bounty hunter armor progression video

Based on the way that Bioware has phased the short description of that video, you can tell that there are lots of armor combinations, but it lacks on how you upgrade your character.

These are the only two videos that I know of that showcase the armor progression of any class, and in this case it is only the Bounty Hunter, and Jedi Knight!

So, yes you can customize your armor, but Bioware has not released how that system will work...unfortunately. But, we have also answered if we can change our characters appearance, and as far as we know, you can only change your characters appearance in the first character creation screen! And as far as we know, you may also change your companions weapons and armor just as your own.

But, now this bring us to the lightsaber hilt issue...YAY! Below are pics of each lightsaber that I have seen! Atleast the ones in the TOR Fansite kit, if you really want to see them all, look at the class screens on the SW:TOR website.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    (Red lightsaber is Sith Warriors, Single Bladed Purple is Jedi Knights, Double Bladed Purple is Sith Inquisitors, and blue lightsaber is the Jedi Consular's)

So, we all know that you can change your lightsabers color, but we really don't know what else. In the few videos that contain the lightsaber creation screen (unfortunately they were only for the Jedi), they all create the same lightsaber for the Jedi Knight, but the consular gets a different one.

Here come our facts:

[​IMG]

We Know that:

You can acquire different Armor (purchased, gifted ect.).
    You can change armor.
    You can change your companions armor and weapons.
    You may change your Lightsabers color.
    The basics for the character creation (gender, class, affiliation, body size, facial appearance).

[​IMG]
    We hope that!:

We can change our armor, to make it more detailed or change color.
    We can get different Lightsaber Hilts.
    We can get fatter, skinnier, or shave (ect.) throughout the game.
    We can change our companions looks, Lightsaber hilts (if we have a Jedi/Sith companion).

So, as we can see, there is somewhat a way to change armor, but if we can personalize it, and make it our own, is currently unknown. We saw a look at the character creation screen. And, we saw a look at some new images made for this thread!

So, hope you guys found this informational...By the way, this topic was thought up by a member of my guild!

2. Jayden

Jayden I R Posting Machine

Threads:
    Well, the character custumizing screen showed is from the beta. I would dare say it isn't going to be the final product. I'm willing to bet bioware will let us have different faced, hair types, skin tones, the works.

3. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    Oh Yes I agree. I think that they will allow for more customization...hopefully!

4. Jayden

Jayden I R Posting Machine

Threads:
    It could also be assumed we will have different hilt combinations to chose from.

5. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    Yeah, I hope that will be allowed...I think that it would create a more realistic game experience!

6. Bears_Krutz

Bears_Krutz Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    Mr. T Trooper FTW!

7. Draconek

Draconek Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    The hilt options would definitely be something I would be wanting, although I'm not positive if we will see it happen. Also, I want the capability to change the hue of armor, that way not everyone looks the same come end-game. No idea if that's going to be a possibility either.

As for lightsaber colors, I'm fulling intending on rolling as a Juggernaut come launch time, and while I plan on rushing through the game (not too fast too enjoy the story, but definitely too fast to enjoy RP), I still plan on sticking with your typical red lightsaber for RP purposes.

8. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    Not only that, but the sheer outcry alone from the player base would make the next patch after launch magically have more hilts.

9. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    Yeah, I think that would be a good Idea for bioware to do!

10. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    You know.. there were some AMAZING hilts for KOTOR2 made by the community and people at Halowan Labs over at LF. I'm sure it would be easy enough to employ some of those people for the sheer purpose of hilt creation.

11. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    Yeah, that would be a good use of man power as well. And, maybe because they are still a little ways away from release they are waiting to release all of the hilt information. I mean, they have all the concept art of the lightsaber hilts. Why not use it?

12. Deep Fried Gungan

Deep Fried Gungan I Punch Gizka

Threads:
    Well, it looks like we get to have Borg implants, at least...

[​IMG]

13. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    Lol, Yay! That is what I have always wanted...along with cyborg arms and legs!!!!

14. Segellion

Segellion Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    What makes you all so sure that the character creator on the videos is not the final product? It wouldn't be the first time an MMO skimped out on character customization.

15. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    True enough, Seg. I honestly have faith BioWare will not let us down, though, at least with this most-important aspect. The character creation screens I have seen are pretty decent. Granted, not all the way where I'd want them to be, but decent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice