Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Chris's art and modding page

Discussion in 'Design Den' started by Cramseur, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    Cramseur

Cramseur I can do the Kessel Run in TWO parsecs.

Threads:
    Sheesh! I haven't posted here in a long time, but here I go again..

[​IMG]

Yup, Boba Fett from his first animated debut. This is a very rough draph that I hope work on to make it Jka worthy.

Thoughts?

2. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    Needs more cell shading? :unsure: I don't know. I suck at giving opinions about stuff such as this.

3. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    Like individual Pixels? 

4. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    You're barking up the wrong tree here. ;)

But, since you're asking, I mean the whole model. If you're going for an animated look, isn't cell shading the method that is used to accomplish that look? Or would soft shading be better? :unsure:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
  5. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    I actually wasn't going for the animated look. I was trying to give it a realistic edge, but now that I think about it that's pretty hard to achieve no matter how you draw it.

[​IMG]

Whoever drew this did a pretty good job, but it's not all that easy to put that amount of detail in that model.

So I believe soft-shading would be better, to achieve that realistic look. 

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
  6. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    Too bad junk angel and nineteen aren't around anymore. They're the ones qualified to give you some useful input, not me. :/

7. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    That's one of the reasons why I need a website, I'd post on Jkhub, but a lot of people on there are still way too imature.

8. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    Okay a bit update on the head, I tried to add more dents and dashes along the rims of the helmet.

[​IMG]

What do guys thinks?

9. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    You might consider posting this stuff over at JKHub, regardless of the maturity level of the local population there. I've been lurking that place for awhile now out of curiosity, and people there seem to be behaving much better when compared to their behavior when the JK community still resided on FileFront (now GameFront) forums.

Sure, there are exceptions, but all you have to do is ignore non-constructive criticism. If anyone has something valid to say, some suggestion on how to improve your work, take it into consideration and see if it fits into your vision of how the final version of your work should look like. Otherwise, if someone just wants to troll around, ignore them.

In my experience with the JK communities staff members & other types of so called "leaders", they're perfectly happy letting the troublemakers run amok and piss people off with their behavior, so I wouldn't expect anyone there to do anything if someone starts taking proverbial swings at you and / or your work, aside from maybe "talking" to the troublemaker, but that's pointless, since nothing short of outright banning doesn't solve the problem. :/

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
  10. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    I'll take your advice Tricorder, though I'll still update the skin here as well in case the lurkers or spambots want to look at the progress as well :)

[​IMG]

I edited the sides to look like the reference picture in the previous page.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
  11. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    It's a shame spambots can't provide any feedback. ;)

I keep lurking JKHub and watching

>the whole e-drama that's currently taking place initially >started by kenoi (who is now renamed to Ceres? :unsure: ). I can definitely see his / her point of view. Members of the JK community definitely tend to be overly aggressive when conveying criticism and don't seem to care much for how they come across as, so their lack of tact combined with an overly inflated egos I've noticed some of them have tends to result in an unnecessary fights & arguments. It's a shame.   :/
    Staff members are what I've come to expect from an online community leaders - more interested in strutting around with their staff badges & pulling their rank when opposed rather than doing their job by overseeing the whole place and weeding out the troublemakers, thus keeping the good community members happy and giving them no reason to riot, which is what usually happens when they get fed up with being trolled & bullied, assuming they stick around instead of simply leaving the place.

Then there's >this. Making a decision and handing out a warning without getting all the facts straight first due to their own unwillingness to do their job and pay attention to what's going on on their own site. So unprofessional. >Apprentice said it the best:

Couldn't have said it better myself, really. I'm not trying to trash-talk JKHub or anything like that. They did a great job keeping the JK community alive when FileFront went down the sithhole, but there's still a lot of room left for an improvement. No doubt about that.

Sooo, if you decide to post your work there, try to keep a cool head. If someone offers some constructive advice on how you could improve your work without sounding like an arrogant dick in the process - great. If not - bummer. I know it's hard, but all you have to do is ignore non-constructive criticism. Pretend like those posts don't even exist by not replying to them. I think I read somewhere that you can even put people on your ignore list there, which causes the system to automatically toggle their posts invisible on your end. :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  12. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    I guess that's another reason I tried to become part of the staff, after a few months of being a Jkhub-er I knew that the place looked pretty, but it lacked maintenance, in terms of hostility. I know we have a few staff members that give a crap about the place and try to express their opinion occasionally on a thread post. Recently, though there was a comment on a status update a little while ago, who stated that there was a new Cloud City for Movie Battles 2, this lead to someone complaining how crappy MB2 is one of the most buggy mods out there. This apparently angered the guy who made the first post, he proceeded to rage on for about 7 paragraphs about how much a rep mb2 has and how much the person who made that post was a crappy modder. After about 16 post by everyone that was involved one of the administrators started to comment on how a bad their attitudes were to the status update and how they should be more respectful toward other fellow Jkhub-ers, this lead to the locking and soon after shut down of the status update.

Though this didn't solve the conflict. Later the same person who made the negative comment continued to rant about how bad mb2's authors are. This entire situation was entirely immature and unnecessary, this could have been avoided if the author had just ignored the comment, somewhere in the middle of the series of post the negative  Jkhub-er said that he was just doing this just to make people angry, which in my opinion is just low, though this reminds me how horrible the internet is in general not just Jkhub.

Here's a example: 

*go check out the first comments and how it carries on* 

(though this is a bit off topic, eh eh get it? :)  )

The amount of negativity that goes on over on Jkhub is just unnecessary, but that's not going to prevent me from posting my mods. On there there are plenty of people who care about the progress of Jedi Knight Academy, and those are the people I want to talk to.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    Ah, the famous YouTube commenting "culture". I have just the thing right here:

[​IMG] :p

[​IMG]

You have done well, my apprentice. Here, have a Like:

[​IMG]
    :p

Now, back to topic, back to top...

[​IMG]

... oh. Never mind.  :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
    I've been working a bit on the upper torso jumpsuit.

[​IMG]

I hate working on the jumpsuit.

15. OP
    Cramseur

Threads:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice