Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Command & Conquer Series

Discussion in 'Gaming Zone' started by Tricorder, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aside from me, is there anyone else here who likes and have played any of these games? If yes, which one(s) did you play and which one(s) is/are your favorite(s)?

I remember my first time when I played the demo version of the first Command & Conquer (later named Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn, when the sequels came out, probably to avoid confusion) on my old computer. I was blown away by the quality of the gameplay. Oh, how fun that game was. Building my base, destroying the enemy base, bossing those little units around, watching cutscenes with live actors... And it was just the demo, not even a full game. I don't even know how many times I have replayed those 3 demo missions, over and over again. Full version of the game was even better. It took me some time to get it, though.

Then the sequel called Command & Conquer Red Alert came out and blew me away again. I didn't even try the demo (not sure if it even existed). I bought both games together when an opportunity presented itself and never regretted it.

Then Tiberian Sun came out. Read the review, watched some trailers, tried the demo, bought the game, but never finished it due to some technical problems with my computer at the time. Then something nasty happened to the game discs (don't ask me what :p ) and I never got around to buying new ones. That's something I regret.

I have skipped every C&C game between Tiberian Sun and Tiberium Wars, which I bought (Kane Edition; comes with a bonus disc with extra stuff on it, like tips & tricks on how to play the game from the developers themselves, desktop wallpapers, etc.). For some reason, none of the games I skipped feel like I'm missing much by not playing them, especially Generals, which, in my opinion, doesn't deserve to bear the name Command & Conquer.

I still have my old Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert discs, but the games can't be installed on Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 from those discs. When The First Decade pack (all C&C games except Tiberium Wars in one pack) came out, I hoped to get it, but, when I got to the store, it was all sold out. According to the salesman, they had only a few copies which got sold quite quickly. :(

So, I'm still looking for Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert and Tiberian Sun. I was hoping to get them by buying The First Decade pack, but that plan went down the drain. I found a site of the company here in my country which imports 'Sold Out' games from a UK company (link for Mikey's clicking pleasure :uy: :p ). I looked it up, and they seem to have Red Alert and Tiberian Sun (found it on the site of that British company too), but the company store is in another part of the country, not-so-close to me, so I might contact them and ask if it's possible to deliver the games to me somehow. Maybe. I don't like doing that.

Still can't find Tiberium Dawn, though. Gonna keep an eye out. Wish me luck, mmmkay? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
  2. OP
    Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    So, no Command & Conquer appreciators here?  :unsure: Am I the only one here who thinks these games are pure gold? :unsure:

In case someone drops by, I have a question: If the world of Command & Conquer would to suddenly become real, who would you join?

Global Defense Initiative?

Or Brotherhood of NOD?

Well? Save the world or help Kane to spray it with Tiberium? Or would you remain a civilian and wait for a NOD flame tank to come knocking on your door? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
  3. OP
    Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice