Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Concerns About SWTOR?

Discussion in 'SWTOR Discussion' started by TeHpUmKinKiNg, Aug 1, 2011.

1. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    As we start to draw closer to the release of TOR, some of you might have rising doubts about the game. This is understandable, and we were just curious as to what your concerns about the game might be at this point.

For me, I'm concerned about the lack of an appearance tab. Also, I'm concerned the experience will be too open, like in WoW. Nothing irks my nerves more in an MMO than to go on a mission... and have to watch some other group of people kill an enemy boss you need to kill.. having to wait for him to respawn. That's so... WoWish. (I really hate.. pretty much everything about.. WoW)

What about you? What are your concerns for TOR?

2. LilMistress T

LilMistress T OMG Member

Threads:
    For me, never having played any MMO game before, I worry that I won't like it or catch on quick enough and won't really enjoy it much. I don't want to invest all this money and time, having looked forward to this game for SO long, to be disappointed or lose interest quickly.

3. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    Fair concern, indeed. One way to look at it: The standard edition is $60. One can EASILY spend that in one evening, by him (or her)self, dining out and watching a movie. With this $60, you have a month's worth of playing time to decide if you want to continue to invest in the game or not.

I bouth the CE, so it's $150. So.. a few nights out of the month, just dickin my money away on fast food and movies. or maybe 3 cartons of smokes, which is something I need to give up, anyway. I can justify it.

4. Jayden

Jayden I R Posting Machine

Threads:
    All my concerns are financial. I will discontinue my subscription if RA tries to charge for DLC or microtransactions that provide an unfair advantage.

The CE is different, as its all vanity stuff, and items we can get on our own.

5. Fetter

Fetter More fun than a barrel of STDs

Threads:
    All of the above. Plus I don't have the time to dedicate to playing the game. That's what happened with guild wars, TF2, L4D2, most multiplayer games I've invested in. School's coming up, I have to find work, plus I have obligations to musical projects, etc, leaving me very little time to sit down and play a video game for a few hours. At least, not enough time to make it worth my while to pay $60 and then a monthly subscription fee. But there are gonna be those individuals who do have that sort of time and money, no doubt they're going to spread like wildfire, and what usually happens in those cases is that the people busy with things in real life are ostracized for not playing as often as the "hardcore" gamers, and thus not being quite as knowledgeable or skillful.

I'm not buying TOR, I'll probably never buy TOR, the above reasons are why.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2011
  6. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    Im wondering if more mini games will make it into TOR. We recently found out there will be Huttball, which is nice and all. I want something a bit more simplistic, like pazaak.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

Threads:
    About your WoW concerns - didn't Bioware let themselves be heard that they essentially want to emulate wow.

8. Steelcobra

Steelcobra Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    I'm concerned over a few many things, namely the emulation of WoW and other theme park mmo's.

The whole "buying" skills just kind of gets to me as you'd think if it were so easy to pay creds and get jedi skills then why are there even civilians?! Just save up your weekly credit earnings and buy force throw from your local jedi trainer today!

I also know that there aren't too many specifics when it comes to weapons. For example, everyone is gonna want to be lusting after a weapon they can only get from this boss at this time when the moon aligns etc and therefore it should look like a bad ass weapon. All I've seen are hilt changes for the force users which is kind of hard to recognize at first glance anyway. So basically you get to see a guy with 1 saber, 2 sabers, or a double bladed... I would have liked to see maybe a Juggernauts saber a bit longer or thicker to resemble his hulking status or a sorc saber to be crackling with lightning or something.

Don't even get me started on having all your npc companions do the crafting for you... :(

Any thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    I can't reveal too much on what you posted, per the NDA, but I can tell you I understand your worries. I had some of those same worries... ;)

The hilts, though, I totally agree. From the videos, we've seen different styles of hilts, but nothing really standing out. I did see a blade crackle with Force though, in a huttball video, and the Jedi Consular highlight vid.

10. Steelcobra

Steelcobra Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    I'm in the same boat Ki as it's keepin me hush too but I still stand by these concerns knowing what I know. I know by now it's not gonna change... I guess I just have an aversion to all things that resemble WoW in the slightest.

11. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    That could be just about any MMO, as WoW copied so many other MMOs. I think I can safely say, without getting reamed by legal, that BioWare has really put something amazing together, that may or may not need some tweaks, but is overall an amazing game. You know, hypothetically speaking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice