Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Dedicated server question.

Discussion in 'Manage your Site' started by cam2, May 13, 2009.

1. cam2

cam2 OMG Member

Threads:
    Dedicated server question.

I am moving from a VPS server to a Dedicated server. What are the optimal settings for vBulletin and it's database. I have heard memcache and other things to set up on your server for better performance and stability.

What should I do to this new server to ensure vBulletin is firing on all cylinders?

Here is the server information:

CPU - P4 2.8 GHz
    Storage - 160 GB SATA
    Motherboard - Poweredge 750
    Memory - 1 GB RAM

2. Scalene

Scalene OMG Member

Threads:
    I realize I'm grave digging by posting in such an old thread... but just in case anyone else stumbles across this thread I'll post my 2 cents :)

This greatly depends upon your traffic. I was running vbulletin on a 2.4ghz single core machine with 1gb of ram hosted out of my parent's basement (really). Then suddenly I started getting 20k hits per day. I had to upgrade to dual core system with a lot more ram and MUCH better bandwidth.

Really, you can run vb on just about anything that can run php, mysql, and apache - you just might not be able to dish out many requests if you have a lot of traffic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice