Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Do you agree the Orlando Magic Deserve Credit?

Discussion in 'The Sports Bar' started by imported_Chris, Jun 14, 2009.

1. imported_Chris

imported_Chris OMG Member

Threads:

Even though they are down 3-1 right now, they have shown lots of heart ,very close games.. they could be up 3-1 right now to be honest.. this has been a great finalsSTAR IF YOU LOVE THE NBA.

2. lakersfan242424

lakersfan242424 OMG Member

Threads:

they don't deserve any credit because they didnt finish

3. MAnyMen

MAnyMen OMG Member

Threads:

they deserve nothing but a big loss!!! they should be swept and I hope the lakers kill them next game so that they can celebrate on their own home court in front of all those losers magic fans and players!!

4. JODetroitFan

JODetroitFan OMG Member

Threads:

Yes they deserve credit they killed the LeBron vs Kobe hype...No one didn't even expect them to beat the Celtics...

5. dsan

dsan OMG Member

Threads:

they don't deserve itneither do the lakerswow you beat the rockets without yao and tracy and the celtics without kg and powe (in 7 games)what do you want a cookie?

6. iHanna

iHanna OMG Member

Threads:

I'm a hardcore Laker fan, but I agree with you that the Magic (and every team at that) should deserve some credit and respect for giving it all, even if the other team wins. Just the simple fact that all of us basketball fans can watch a exciting, and intense game should be enough to give respect.

7. BrianT

BrianT OMG Member

Threads:

Any way you look at it, they are in the finals. They are selling a ton of tickets, food and Magic gear. Their season ticket holders are probably renewing for next year also.They have lost two overtime games. They are doing a lot better than I thought they would.

8. tonymrright

tonymrright OMG Member

Threads:

The Magic are a very good team and a few easy baskets away from being up 3-1, I am a lakers fan and I think it will be a shame if the let Hedo walk.

9. JadeTiredofLAMEassLALHaters

JadeTiredofLAMEassLALHaters OMG Member

Threads:

Yes.They were ignored this year. -When Howard was suspended, people said that they would be eliminated. Wrong.-When they played Boston, people said they would be eliminated. Wrong, I guess people forgot that they split the series with them in the regular season.-When they faced the Cavaliers, people [ESPN included] had the nerve to predict a sweep. Very wrong.And finally, Orland made it to the finals and they deserved it. These games with exception of game one, were a lot closer than the record indicates. They have come down to the last minutes resulting in overtime twice! Yes their players had bad shot selection during crucial times and yes their turnovers and missed free throws killed them, but they did okay. Even if they lose, they deserved to be in the finals and they get credit from me.

10. BLAZERGiirl91

BLAZERGiirl91 OMG Member

Threads:

yeah except they totally should've won that game last night.and no one expected them to beat cleveland.

11. selah

selah OMG Member

Threads:

Orlando Magic beat the Celtics...man, of course they deserve credit!

12. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco OMG Member

Threads:

Respect is earned by winning. Making it to the finals and losing is not winning. They dont deserve to be called a bad team but beyond that unless they find a way to win, thats all they deserve.

13. Bella

Bella OMG Member

Threads:

the orlando magic are a great team, and they might be able to win it all... if they really want it. They've worked hard throughout the finals so far, and they're almost there. They also should have won games 2 and 4. But that's just me...

14. CruiseEnjoy

CruiseEnjoy OMG Member

Threads:

okay I admit, I was hoping to see the cavs vs lakers like most people the magic have proved me wrong...they really are the underdogs. I'm watching an ESPN special right now and I gotta give them credit. Against the celtics, I thought they were gonna lose but they pulled through. Against the cavs, I didn't think they had a shot in hell....but they won and are now eastern conference champions....I believed. I'm disappointed it's now 3-1, meaning the lakers are a win away but if you look back at the games, the magic has played good ball. (minus game 1 haha) They're a team of heart who doesn't have "star player" they depend on to make all the shots - it really is a team effort. I'm hoping the magic will be underdogs again and somehow slowlw do well and win. So yes, I do agree that they deserve to be in the finals.

15. mimigoMAGIC

mimigoMAGIC OMG Member

Threads:

Of course they do, heck no one even imagined them to be in the finals first of all (Come on those commercials with Kobe and Lebron, the whole espn, sportscenter thingys with kobe v. lebron, fans just anticipating a kobe v. lebron matchup, kobe, lebron, kobe, lebron..) and they finally got their very FIRST franchise playoff win a couple days ago and are playing alright. They're not getting blown out by the Lakers its just these mistakes and missed chances that are hurting them. Like last night's game.. should have won, definitely should have won. They are down 3-1 and its going to be very hard to come back BUT you can't say they didn't try. Magic has a very very talented team with an equally talented manager (Yeah Van Gundy is getting some heat for not fouling last night but overall he's a good coach). Whether they win or not it doesn't matter. I disagree that respect is only received through winning. That's not true "losers" can be respected as well.

16. dinfamous2002

dinfamous2002 OMG Member

Threads:

I understand what you mean because I have thought about a few times. To answer your question though, no, they don't get any credit for that. Somehow L.A. has been letting the Magic stick around. It's not like Orlando has actually went out and took it. I mean when you look at the turnover margin in the two overtime games (2 and 4) the Magic turned the ball over somewhere in the high teens. In game four they missed 15 FTs. WTF! I mean yeah they could be leading 3-1 but they are messed up because of dumb plays like missing layups and leaving veterans open for 3 pointers. I take credit away for the stupid plays and mistakes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice