Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Do you believe most games are fixed?

Discussion in 'The Sports Bar' started by Floris, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Do you believe most games are fixed?

I do :]

2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I really can't say about European or Asian sports. I don't believe there is much, if any, fixed games in the US.

After the performance of the umpires in the World Cup games, it sure makes one wonder. The Olympic games also popped into my mind on this subject.

3. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Talking about Olympic. The UK will probably be a fun place to visit when it is what? .. 2012?

4. Nemmerle

Nemmerle OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Yeah, 2012. You want to have fun in England go to the Lake District and go boating or something, find some activity to do and come for that. If you want to see the City get a train down a couple of times, save yourself the expense of spending a lot of time there. Museums and the financial districts aside London's a dive at the best of times.

Olympics? Thousands of easily excited tourists and an overburdened transport system coupled with one of the highest average cost of living areas for its size on earth. There are a host of reasons they charge you to drive a car into London, none of them telegraphing good things for the coming games.

Game fixing. I'd imagine it's most common in low budget individual effort games. Football and the like... well when you're being paid the big bucks where's your motivation to defect? Especially when bribing just one person wouldn't do it. A one-time cash lump from some random mook?