Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Do you have high expectations for TOR?

Discussion in 'SWTOR Discussion' started by TeHpUmKinKiNg, May 18, 2011.

1. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    Well, do you? Even after waiting all this time (years for some of us), are your expectations still running high for this game?

Do you fear the worst- that it will flop?

I know I am still having very high expectations- I just watched a leaked vid from the Feb round of testing. It. Was. Epic. To make it all the more sweet, the UI, etc stiull hasnt been updated from previous tests- this means that when polished up, this game is going to be all the more impressive.

What do you guiz think?

2. AgentDave

AgentDave Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    I don't think it will flop.

I also don't think it will be all that and a bag of chips, plus a thousand bucks tucked between the Doritos like some people have said (I paraphrase.).

It will be another good, solid game. Since it's Star Wars, and it's Bioware, it will have enough of a following that it will go on for years/decades. The question (to me) is, will it go on with 10 servers, 50, 500, or 5000?

3. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    I think the price (both initial and monthly) will also determine just how successful it is. While I think, from the vids I've seen, it will be an epic game... Will I still think that, if I have to shell out money, month after month? WoW looks good to me. So does SWG... but not good enough for my money. Know what I mean?

4. AgentDave

AgentDave Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    Well, that's never bothered me. I played WoW for 5 years, and turned around and bought Rift. My leisure time is largely spent on the computer, and 15/month for an MMO is cheaper than 15/draft for Magic the Gathering Online, or buying a new video game each time I beat one. To each their own. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice