Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Do you like to listen to old radio plays?

Discussion in 'Ear Ecstasy' started by andrew320, Jan 3, 2013.

1. andrew320

andrew320 OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Every Friday night, my wife and I would listen to Suspense Radio programs from the 1930s to the 1950s. It was a fantastic series and featured some of the best of that time, like Cary Grant, Joseph Cotten, James Stewart and much, much more. There are also others, such as Lux Radio Theater, Hollywood Play House and Screen Guild Theater.

Does anyone else enjoy this stuff?

2. Jessi

Jessi OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Nope!

I mean, I might enjoy it. It could certainly be up my alley and quite interesting. I don't currently do so, though, and never have in the past either.

Where do you listen from? Do you have them online somewhere?

3. claudine

claudine Found it!

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    It would be great if they were available online somewhere, I'd like to listen to something like this. First of all, it really seems interesting, I love old movies so there is a big possibility I'd like this too. And it would help me improve my English skills :)

4. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I'm sure my grandmother would love to listen to this stuff. Maybe I would too if I gave it a try.

5. Hawkeye

Hawkeye OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    My father told me of when the family would gather around the radio and listen to the old radio shows. He was a big fan of The Lone Ranger.

I have listened to the recordings of the infamous original broadcast of War of the Worlds by Orson Wells.