Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Do you still buy CDs?

Discussion in 'Ear Ecstasy' started by Olly, Feb 6, 2011.

1. kSoo

kSoo OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    An iPod, of course! I still buy blank CDs, DVDs actually, to burn some stuff up :3

2. Shortie861_oth

Shortie861_oth OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I still tend to buy albums sometimes but not as much as I used to, usually only albums of artists I am a big fan of nowadays, I tend to use MP3's alot more now.

3. Lucky Lefty

Lucky Lefty OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Haha, the audio that played when I arrived on this page is hilarious.

But no, I don't buy CDs anymore. Actually my friends make jokes about

people that still buy them. They say their from the "wheel era"

4. Martin Aronsen

Martin Aronsen OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I buy CDs when I'm on the road, and are sick of all music I have on my iPhone.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Savvy

Savvy OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I don't buy CDs anymore unless it's one of my favorite music artist. There are very few artist out there right now that get me pumped to buy there CD because I usually listen to underground music the most.

6. zararina

zararina OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I do not buy CD's anymore since i do not have collection of any CD. I just buy a videoke CD or minus one CD's which we could used for sing along. I am now just downloading music/songs to my MP3 since it is usually free and there are so many choices of songs to download.

7. patty12

patty12 OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Wow, I haven't brought a cd in over a year now. I don't even remember the name of the cd I brought. I usually download music and listen to it on my iphone. Sometimes I tend to listen to music on my laptop.

• Like Like x 1
  8. roxanne_101

roxanne_101 OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    The only time I buy a cd is when I want to listen to the album in it's entirety, which is very rare. I have a few artists that I actually trust to make quality cd's and don't mind buying the whole album. Otherwise, I just buy songs off iTunes. I figure there's no point in buying a whole cd when you only want to listen to the 3 or 4 singles that you like.

9. biddy_2011

biddy_2011 OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I have no use for cd's anymore unless it is an old classic I grew up on like Nsync, Backstreetboys Millenium, or 98 Degrees. I have an IpodTouch now and I use Itunes to download songs and I use Limewire or Frostwire. There is also site like Pandora.com and Youtube that allow you to have a playlist so I browse those atleast five times a day. And when I'm on the road I listen to Magic98.5 radio station. Technology is increasingly improving now days so the use of cd's is very out dated.

I agree, most cd's only have like 3 good songs on them. It is such a waste to pay like $14 dollars for a cd and you only get half you money's worth, if even that. What really ticks me off is when one or two of the last songs on the album are in spanish or some other sort of language. Really?! Why do we need it in another language if the cd is made and sold in America?

10. ThatAwesome1

ThatAwesome1 OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I can never really find any CD's I'm looking for in stores, so I download the song(s) online. It's much easier than having to order it online and wait for it to ship, or drive to a couple of stores until you find it.

11. Cecille

Cecille Your friendly neighbor

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    LOL, nice attachment.

I have not bought a CD for years now, though I still want to buy the original ones because it has good quality.

On the contrary, I am not pirating the contents in CD's that I buy, I burn my own version instead. :D

12. GCW

GCW OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I literally haven't purchased a CD in years. Matter of fact, I don't think I've ever purchased a CD, actually... with so many alternative ways to get music, such as BeeMP3.com, I don't see the need. Besides, those methods are completely legal. So no, I don't purchase CDs at all. :p

13. Samy2576

Samy2576 OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Wow I haven't bought a cd in years. iTunes provides every song I need right at my finger tips and I don't have to get any I don't want. Plus I don't have to worry about storing them or getting them scratched. I can play my iTunes through my car, my iPad, my tv and my phone so I really have no need for CDs!

14. Emdar

Emdar OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Noway :D now I download what i want !!

15. LucasMom

LucasMom OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I can't remember the last cd I bought, maybe 4 years ago and I think it was a christmas thing. I download music these days. I also listen to pandora radio, and even the regular old radio in the car.

16. MellowGuy

MellowGuy OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    When I entered this thread and heard the song about being a pirate, I thought this whole thread was about pirating CD music lol. Anyhoo, I don't buy CD Music anymore for the reasons that a lot here have already posted.

I do buy bulk blank DVDs and sometimes the occasional DVD/Bluray movie. But even those might become obsolete very soon.

17. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Not really. I usually use iTunes. I'll buy a CD if it's from a band i like and feel like having the physical copy of the CD :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jabsfreelanceworld

Jabsfreelanceworld OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I haven't actually purchased a CD in years. I'm too cheap. I listen now to whatever music is available on You Tube. I at times in my life did buy subscriptions to various music libraries, such as Napster or Rhapsody. They have a good selection.

19. Kelson

Kelson The Mad Italian

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I have not bought a CD in years. Usually just get my music off iTunes.

20. Wolfy

Wolfy OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I don't usually buy physical CD's, but I do buy them on iTunes. I tend to buy complete albums when buying songs on iTunes out of respect for the artist.

What's been bothering me lately is the amount of songs/albums that are not on iTunes. That bugs me because now I have to go out and try and find the album in stores and I usually don't have time to do that.

21. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I just bought the new Nightwish CD. Pre-ordered it straight out of Finland. It's pretty fantastic... came with a poster, shirt, two CD's (one with the full version of songs, the other are instrumentals).

Design is pretty slick too.

/monthly_12_2011/post-491-0-20779900-1323986526_thumb.jpg

/monthly_12_2011/post-491-0-20779900-1323986526_thumb.jpg

22. Nemmerle

Nemmerle OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I think I may have bought four CDs in my lifetime. The last of which would have been well over six years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Mikey

Mikey :mikey: Staff Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I was going to say something about CD's being outdated now, and wondering why a new platform hasn't been invented which can hold more digital media.

Then I remembered about this little thing called The Internet, and YouTube, and iTunes.. and *shudder* VEVO.

Silly me.

24. Hawkeye

Hawkeye OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I still purchase the occasional cd and I have my kid download what I want on my iPod because iTunes irritates the hell out of me.

• Like Like x 1