Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Do you still buy CDs?

Discussion in 'Ear Ecstasy' started by Olly, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Mikey

Mikey :mikey: Staff Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    You're with the rest of the population on that one.

2. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I bought so many CD's back in the 90's and early 2000's that I have no need for anymore songs in my little library of music, especially since music hasn't changed since the days of grunge rock.

I have a fair amount of songs that I haven't even heard yet. And it'll be awhile before I hear all the music I have since I get bored listening to a stack of CD's. I usually listen to the radio instead.

3. Fetter

Fetter More fun than a barrel of STDs

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I buy CDs all the time. Right now I've got maybe two hundred CDs since I started seriously collecting about two years ago. Constantly trading and selling too. I usually get about five or six albums a month depending on how much spare change I have to throw around.

I want to start getting into vinyl, but I haven't found the time (or the money) to go out and get a turntable yet.

4. shaun_oth

shaun_oth OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I can't actually remember the last time I purchased a CD. I have bought blank CD's to burn music on, but that's it. I download all of the music I listen to. I don't use a CD player. My parents still buy CD's and use the DVD player to play music.

5. UmiNoor

UmiNoor OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I can't even remember the last time I bought a CD. I mostly download the songs that I like onto my hard disk and then transfer the songs to a CD and play the CD on the player in my car. I don't see the need to buy CDs because it's so convenient to get the songs online and furthermore sometimes I don't like all the songs that are on one CD. I prefer to listen to a variety of songs by a variety of singers.

6. IsabelleChan

IsabelleChan OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Well, I still buy CDs, though not as often as before. I enjoy the thrill of turning up the music at home and sing along. But I admit that with Mp3 and online music downloading sites, I'm more picky when it comes to buying CDs. I would only buy CDs that I believe are worth-buying, like collection of hits. I just won't buy singles anymore.

7. Jessi

Jessi OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Nope, I don't!

I never really bought CDs much in the first place, though. I had a few, but I usually stuck with radio because I didn't like dropping that much money on them. And then later, I just listened online instead of purchasing either. I really don't have that kind of obsession with having the hard copies of full albums.

8. thenextGeek

thenextGeek OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Nah, with the arrival of portable music players such as mp3s, I no longer buy CDs. Instead, I spend my time looking for great songs online and downloading them. I also don't like all the songs in an album and with the individual downloading of songs that I do, I can pick out the good songs in an album and not minding the rest.

9. lindbergh

lindbergh OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I no longer purchase CDs. If I want to listen to music, I just open up my radio or download it on the internet. For movies, I just go watch in the cinemas. If I'm looking for past releases of movies, I again turn to the internet. However, if I want to give someone a gift, I normally purchase a CD or a DVD.

10. Fetter

Fetter More fun than a barrel of STDs

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Seems a bit hypocritical on your end, but to each their own.

Just bought a ton of CDs (both wholesale for my label and a bunch of individual ones for personal use), along with a huge amount of vinyl. Picked up a turntable a couple weeks ago, couldn't be happier.

11. PAF_2

PAF_2 OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Its funny at one time I though CDs were going to be it, that this was where technology would take us. But that was before the MP3's and the Ipods came out. Now we have found that having this is even more convenient then having CDs ever was. Some of us might have even downloaded all out CD's to our devices then got rid of them. Did I do this, well yes and no. I did download my favorite music from my CD's to my MP2 but I still have maintained the CDs as well. Yes, they take up space but I still don't want to part with them. I still also have a CD player, although I haven't used it in awhile, play my MP3 player more then anything else.

12. leighdu_oth

leighdu_oth OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I haven't bought a CD in years since I've gotten an iPod. Sometimes friends will give me a CD and I usually end up burning the music so I can move it over. If it's not my iPod and I'm at home, then it's usually YouTube. I do still have a lot of my CD collection though, but since I have all the songs downloaded, they pretty much just collect dust now.

13. wind_drifter

wind_drifter OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I’ve stopped buying CD’s a long time ago but with one exception. I used to be a big fan of the Japanese boyband named NEWS and every time they have new CD releases I just have to buy them. I’m not that active in the fandom anymore but I still want to support them in a way that I haven’t been able to when I was in College and couldn’t afford to buy their expensive stuff. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

14. PAF_2

PAF_2 OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Well I haven't bought CD's in a while, mainly because I can't afford to do so. I think CD's still have a purpose. Yes, MP3's are very convenient and can go with you wherever you want. But CD's of your favorite music can also come in handy when your at home or even to download to the MP3.

15. Creaky

Creaky OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I havent bought any CD's for at least 3 years now, everything I buy is downloaded these days.