• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

Dominate Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
We are ready to beta test something pretty awesome with everybody that's playing.

It involves a new world especially made for domination, with bases at five locations, for two teams to dominate.

While it's not perfect yet, you can already join us. So be ready this weekend to PVP with four people or more right on the -live- Survival server you play on daily.

We're holding one official event and the team that wins will receive a reward.

Here's a preview of the new world:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avVpsOX5wNg

I will post more details as we get closer to the event, including how to participate. But I already want to point out one thing: EMPTY YOUR INVENTORY.

There's a known issue that after the event your inventory will be empty. We do automatically save it, but we are unable to automatically restore it yet. It's probably best if you empty your enderchest and inventory juuuuust to be safe.

Subscribe to this thread (with email if you want) to receive updates as we're getting closer to the weekend. If you want to play all you have to do is be online when we all are. So let me know in this thread if you prefer Saturday evening or Sunday evening. And I will be back tomorrow with more information. Feel free to ask questions!

Floris

Staff member
Thursday "test" run with team 1 (emmabear and vloop) and team 2 (suddenrose and mrfloris)
Winning team: team 2 (blue), participation and test rewards have been paid out, and the blue team got an extra prize for winning.

We will make some changes based on what we learned, and hopefully do another test run on Friday (you can participate if you want).

We're aiming for SATURDAY, but with enough players on SUNDAY we will simple do it again!

Floris

Staff member
Agenda:

More beta work will be done on Thursday/Friday
Times are basically US new york timezone.

(september 14th 2018)
Friday evening: Test run (with rewards)

15th
Saturday evening: First Game

16th
Sunday evening: Last Game

17th
Monday: rewards/prizes payout.

To be eligible for rewards and prizes you must join a game hosted by me (mrfloris ingame).
Games started by players that run automatically are welcomed, but what you will win are bragging rights. We consider them event-practice-rounds.

Video of how far we got with the beta on Thursday, and a little map walkthrough. A bit of insight for those who don't want to go in blind.
View: https://youtu.be/7O-Pm9aw8PI

Floris

Staff member
Update:

Friday: didn't work out, I was asleep when there were players on, and players weren't on when I was awake.

Saturday: I am awake now, but it's not even close to US-evening. Hopefully in about 12 hours from this post (8 or 9 pm NY time) we have 4+ interested players who want to play Dominate, and otherwise we try Sunday evening again.

Floris

Staff member
This event is now over!

I checked last night and there weren't enough players online to run it. So I didn't go for it.

Bummer :( We could have had some fun prizes.

But! If people want to play on their own at any time, just empty your inventory and type: /dominate, when 4 or more people have done this the game auto starts.

Have fun pvp-ing!

Floris

Staff member
Hey guys, a small reminder that this should still work, 4 players (or more) can empty their inventory and type: /dominate, to get added to the queue. When 4 players or more are in the queue, the game will automatically start.

Have fun playing DOOOMINAAATE. :)

post some screenshots of your scoreboards and winning teams! Maybe you get a fun surprise from a team member.

Oh, and in 2019 we will try to keep this feature around, and improve on it. So this is the right time to get familiar with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.