Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Favorite Genre?

Discussion in 'Awesome Media' started by Christopher, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Christopher

Christopher OMG Member

Favorite Genre?

What's your favorite genre?

Mine is fantasy. I love it! I've just finished book 10 of the Wheel of Time. I started reading them because I finished all the books in the Sword of Truth series and was awaiting the new one to be published. So I just finished WOT just in time for the new SOT :D

2. Pyro

Pyro OMG Member

:D The Wheel of Time is my favorite book series. I got to the 4th book (The Shadow Rising) and quit for about a year, and forgot everything so I'm going back and starting over. Currently on page 400-something of Eye of the World. But I love Sci.Fi/Fantasy or just straight Fantasy :) Is the Sword of Truth series any good?

3. OP
    Christopher

Christopher OMG Member

A lot of people say the WOT gets boring in a lot of places, and drawn out. Which I can agree with. But the culture and history the author builds up in the books is amazing to me, it's like an entire world that just unravels itself page after page.

Though book 10 was somewhat of a disappointment. Next to nothing actually happened in it. As one reviewer on Amazon said along the lines of, "10 minutes of Aes Sedai smoothing their skirts".

I like the SOT a lot, too. It's an easier read IMO. The beginning of the first one, I was thinking, "Seems okay...", but by the 5th chapter I was drawn right in.

4. Pyro

Pyro OMG Member

Yeah, lots of sniffing, dress adjusting, and hair tugging :)

5. Pie

Pie OMG Member

Fantasy: Wizardy and the likes. I do have a few John Denver's to read but im more into my Comedic Fantasy.

Going to have to read a Clive Barker soon though I think.

6. Pyro

Pyro OMG Member

Ran out of gas in his plane and is dead John Denver?

7. Davidk

Davidk OMG Member

Hail.

Hello!

I'm new to the forums, just letting you know ;) My favorite genre has to be Sci-Fi, my favorite book series is Star Wars : The New Jedi Order :) Anyone else Star Wars fanatics?

-David

8. Madigan

Madigan OMG Member

When it comes to tv/movies I love sci-fi. Star Wars, Star Trek, SG1, etc...
    But when it comes to books, fantasy is my favorite genre. Some of my favorite authors are: Terry Brooks, R.A. Salvatore, David Eddings and of course I can't forget J.R.R. Tolkien. There are so many great authors and books out there, too many to name them all.

9. zero

zero OMG Member

Im a star wars fanatic myself dave, but not as into the books as I maybe should be.

My favorite genre has to be the Hemmingway/kerouac/Thompson style. Im not sure if its a genre, but thats how i get down..

10. Davidk

Davidk OMG Member

Chroder,

R.A. Salvatore, wrote the first book in the New Jedi Order series :)

11. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Fantasy is a great genre, I really like it. However, sci-fi has always interested me and keeps me pulled back into reading.

12. Evil

Evil OMG Member

I read from almost all genres but my favorite is probably history.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice