Favourite Artists of All Time

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
List your top two favourite artists and show a picture of your favourite pieces of work done by them.

Salvador Dali
Mbb091384dbc7fe47c352aeaf578f8f19.jpg

Monet
Japanese%20Bridge%20over%20Water%20Lilies%20Claude%20Monet.jpg

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'm a fan of Dali too

I'll admit that most of the time I'm not moved by art, especially if just seeing it in a book or online, howver I have been lucky enough to go to Italy and see a lot of art there. I saw the Sistine Chapel and as much as people say it amazing, there was just so many people there that you don't get to really absorb it. However there are some amazing paintings and mosaics in the churches that are free to see.

Azhria Lilu

OMG Member
HR Giger - if you don't know the name, think the guy who thought up the concept of the Alien in Aliens.
hr giger.jpg

And on the other end of the spectrum, Boris Vallejo.
boris.jpg

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Roman marble sculptures that look beyond amazingly 3D precise, as if the person is inside of it and they put marble around the subject. It's so detailed, so amazing. It always gets me. I can actually touch it and feel the curves and details. Something I don't find elsewhere. I can't really imagine ever being able to achieve doing something in such detail. I don't know exactly how they've done this back in the day.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
@Floris I saw the David, but there was so many great sculptures in the museum

Attachments

• IMG_8080.JPG
    IMG_8080.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1