Football/Soccer boring?

merk51

OMG Member
Football/Soccer boring?

Okay,
So being a sport fan I at least attempt to follow as many sports as possible, and take my time trying to learn the rules and attempting to understand them etc.

However I just finished watching Australia play Indonesia to qualify for the Asian Cup (whatever that is) in football or soccer whatever you call it and it was the biggest waste of almost two hours of my life.

I switched over to the channel and in the first ten minutes of me watching I was tempted to turn it off - out of the first ten minutes six of them were spent passing the ball between the same three players while they played keep-a-way from the opposition.

So what are your thoughts? First things first is it football or soccer? and do you think it is boring?

Scalene

OMG Member
Well, I'm from the US so we call it soccer here. And I certainly do NOT think it's boring. There are definitely boring games, but for the most part it's quite exciting. Soccer is a non-stop sport. Those guys are running for 90 minutes straight (with a halftime). There are no "downs" there are no innings, it's just pure running, attacking, and defending.

Watching soccer is not as fun as being there, though.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I only watch when the Dutch team plays in the world cup. But even then, if I miss a match: meh :)