Forty something and it's hurting

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Forty-two is closing in and while I am ok with the number of age, I value being an adult and mature and growing, learning, and having found myself. But it has a price, there's consequences of having a better understanding of life, of aging, of having gone through some experiences. You know where it is great, what sucks, and what hurts. Getting closer to forty-two, it hurts.

It's easy to fall into depression, while as a kid there's always something else around the corner (you just don't know it yet), and as an adult you've learned that this is just what comes with life. Make the best of it, fight through it and move on to something you have to work for. The same with hobbies. You can try a bunch of stuff, while it seems as an middle aged dude that 50% to 65% less options are on your path. As a kid you fall from a skateboard or a bike, while you try out where your limits are. As an adult you fall and you are out for a few weeks and you regret even trying.

And sure, being fit, taking care of yourself, etc. It matters, it has an effect. It also doesn't matter if you have these thoughts at 35 or 55 .. everybody will hit that.

I never thought I'd go through life with more than pain from the headaches and perhaps backpain because I am tall and my bed eyes force me to bend forward and look closer to stuff. But waking up with these pains in your body, with "I better go walking today" just to stay nimble, and what not. It sucks, as if paying bills wasn't enough hurt haha.

Yeah, it hurts being an adult, on various levels. Despite all the fun benefits of being one. And I am sorry for complaining about that. This week has simply been a reminder of this - a little more than usual.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Yer I remember being 42 :p:facepalm:

LOL Getting old sucks :'(

Vloop

Patron
I am 42 too. And I'm with you... I also think being aware of stuff is also bad. You know, with age, that "ignorance is bliss" is a true thing!!!
Well... Happy birthday when it comes on the date!!! And let's explore the forties together! :ninja:

Floris

Staff member
I am 42 too. And I'm with you... I also think being aware of stuff is also bad. You know, with age, that "ignorance is bliss" is a true thing!!!
Well... Happy birthday when it comes on the date!!! And let's explore the forties together! :ninja:
I have like 8 more years to plan soon .. to figure out what I will do when I hit 50.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
what I will do when I hit 50

OMG I have just over 4 years left before this happens... I honestly think I'll be rocking in a chair in despair from the age of 49!

Floris

Staff member
OMG I have just over 4 years left before this happens... I honestly think I'll be rocking in a chair in despair from the age of 49!
Don't kid yourself, 49 is just as bad as 50 and 51.