Frozen meals and other cheap tricks

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Ease, convenience, and laziness, oh and saving money. These are the things I want to achieve with frozen foods.

I really enjoy buying bulk on some frozen stuff that's on sale. And then have it as a backup in the freezer. I can't store too much. So I am not talking 25 pizzas or steaks. More like 4 pizzas, 4 ready meals, or 4 packages of food I made and made too much of.

When I make a pasta or whatever, I make way too much so I can use a bit, leave in the fridge a bit and store the rest in packages in the freezer so I can eat it once a month.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
You're better off cooking a big meal and freezing portions, instead of buying ready meals, this way it's not as high in salt or other chemicals that they add to ready meals, and you can tweak it to what you like. I do this with stews, make a whole pan of it, and have some for a couple of days, then freeze the rest so days when I don't feel like cooking.

opair

OMG Member
@Joan I do the same thing! Not everything is freezable though but yeah, strews are usually great for this purpose. Also there are a lot of meals that really don't take that much effort and still taste great and are nutritious, such as chopping up some veggies and grilling them in your oven. I even marinate chicken and then pop it in my freezer.