Fundraising

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I need fundrasing ideas, I'm enquiring about taking on the playground project, which is removing the old equipment, and building a new park for both young children and older ones.

I would need to raise a minimum of £50k!

Any ideas of how to go about this?

Right now I'm only in the enquiring stage so it might not be a project I take on, there was a group set up a few years ago for it, but they haven't done anything in over a year or so, so I'm thinking that they gave up before it really got going, I've asked them what happened and said I would be willing to take it on but not on their original £150k plans.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Bake sale, gala, movie nights, quiz nights, sponsored walk, eeeh.. Contact companies to help sponsor the events, and other companies to take the lead with a generous donation. Get the city involved for subsidies.

You could get popular youtubers to "game for good" - surely there's a few UK ones that would consider helping out to get their name forward. Their twitch/youtube proceeds could go towards the goal.

Have schools involved, the audience for the playground maybe? let them make (trash) art and let everybody show up buy it for 100+? Which parent wouldn't at least buy their own kids stuff.

Combine a few events.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I researched into it more and am leaving it well alone, the people that were doing it have handed money over to the town council and it'll probably stay as it is for years.