Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Galaxy Map

Discussion in 'SWTOR Discussion' started by Nelson_MD, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Nelson_MD

Nelson_MD I Heart FOTOR :hugs:

Threads:
    [​IMG]

Hey everyone,

I was just thinking, what kind of planets can each class go to? Are there planets that a certain class is not allowed to set foot on, or what? Now, the people who went to PAX East, or at least have seen videos, SW:TOR held a little meeting on space combat, which for me was very interesting to watch, especially the first look at the galaxy map!

As everyone knows (or should know...heh), there is going to be space combat, personal ships, and the ability to go from planet to planet. But where has Bioware drawn the line? Is a Bounty Hunter allowed to visit Tython? Can the Jedi Knight go to Dromund Kass? These are the questions that many people, myself included want to know.

Everyone wants to experience all of the planets that Bioware has worked so hard to make, but most want to stick to a faction and not have to play on the other side just to experience what Bioware made.

So, what is Bioware doing or what have they done for this situation?

[​IMG]

• People have personal Ships to transport them to certain planets
    • Your galaxy map is divided into regions that simulate Republic space vs. Empire space
    • We have seen republic classes engaging in PvP on the planet Korriban

[​IMG]

• Classes should be able to visit all planets
    • Every planet has a PvP area
    • Even if the planet is not a part of the main story line, there will be quests for your characters benefit
    • All origin worlds are accessible to all classes.
    • No planets are restricted to one class or another.

With all of the hype that swtor is getting, I would expect them to allow every class to visit all planets. But, then you have to take into consideration that a person would have to breach space defenses, and maybe even pay off a guard to let you through certain areas.

Bioware has done a lot of work on this game, and we can only hope that they allow this to happen. And I bet that this will happen, it is exactly why they have the possible release date from March 31st to the end of the fiscal year. They don't want to rush their developers, and that is enough time for them to be able to create this scenario, and do everything else that they plan to do.

2. TheBBP

TheBBP Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    They have confirmed that the starter planets and the capitol planets will only be visitable by their respective factions.

3. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    Yeah, with the exception of the starter and capital worlds, I would expect to see every class able to travel to all their faction's planets, at the very least.

I don't expect a Jedi Knight, for example, to be able to travel to every Sith planet. I would expect, however, to see a Jedi Knight be able to travel to all Force-related planets in the Sith Empire. Likewise, a Smuggler might be able to travel to a few Sith worlds covertly, to smuggle "spice," and what-not.

Yeah, it's a war, but you still gotta pay the rent. Gotta move the goods!

4. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    LOL good one Ki...Thanks for the info...It is too bad that you can't go and visit all the planets. But I guess that is just more insentive to play as another class. . .

5. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    Well, not just that, but how immersive would it be to go to Coruscant, the Republic capitol, and see a bunch of Sith Warriors casually walking around? Or take a trip to Dromuund, and spot a Jedi convention in the Vendors' Market?

6. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    LOL... good one. I like that idea...but everything is all camouflaged really really REALLY bad...lol

7. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    So, I am planning to do an article tomorrow (or today for you because you are probably reading this on the 25th), but does anyone have any suggestions...I don't want to just take stuff from my guilds perspective...

8. Jayden

Jayden I R Posting Machine

Threads:
    What about skills?

9. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    What about the Jedi trials? As we know them today, the trials to gain Knighthood in the Jedo Order were a set of 5 standardized tests, basically. But this was after the Russan Reformation, which takes place after SWTOR.

So, what do we know about the trials, as they existed in the TOR timeline? Enlighten us!

10. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    I like all of your ideas! And with the new vid released today, I think I might be able to do that...hmm I like your ideas!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice