Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Google Chrome OS

Discussion in 'Tech Talk & Web Things' started by Wickett, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Wickett

Wickett OMG Member

Google Chrome OS

[​IMG]
    As you all well know, Google has come along way from just a search engine. Not only did it expand onto the Google website with things like Maps and Earth, it also produced it's own web browser called Google Chrome. Some were disappointed with it, others really liked it.

Now Google has announced Google Chrome OS (operating system). I am very excited to see what they do with this. If they pull it off well, then Windows may have to watch out, which will quite frankly tickle me to death.

Google Chrome OS is set to launch middle of 2010.

2. Dry Yoshi

Dry Yoshi OMG Member

I'm excited to see what it's going to be like, lets hope that it is a good OS, if not I'll stick with Chrome.

3. malform

malform OMG Member

Say what?

If the chrome OS isnt any good, your going to stick with chrome? I think perhaps you mean stick with windows?

4. Dry Yoshi

Dry Yoshi OMG Member

I mean Google Products wise, if the new product isn't good I'm not going to use it and keep using Chrome. That's what I mean, and yes I will stick with windows as well.

5. OP
    Wickett

Wickett OMG Member

The main thing that intrigues me the most, is that it will be based of off Linux Kernel, which is a good start to making a good, solid, and reliable OS.

6. imported_Shade

imported_Shade OMG Member

Google Chrome isn't even that good of a browser and I don't think anything can replace Windows.

7. OP
    Wickett

Wickett OMG Member

.....hahahaha, in popularity or quality? Surely you don't mean it can't be replaced in quality?

8. QuinKylar

QuinKylar OMG Member

Yeah, I'll stick to Windows, thanks.

@Wickett: I've actually run into more problems with Macs than I have Windows. Windows gives you error codes to tell you what went wrong, thus you can fix/avoid those instinces.
    I've yet to see a Mac tell me why it froze completely for no reason nor have I seen one that tells me what went wrong with a program. So you have no idea what went wrong with it. So quality-wise, Windows might be better than you think.

9. Paco

Paco OMG Member

I don't think anybody will be able to replace Microsoft either, it's just too popular and everybody uses it. We'll see...

10. OP
    Wickett

Wickett OMG Member

It's the complete opposite in my experience. Macs tell you where the problem is, where as Windows pulls this window up with a lowed "DUN!" noise that scares you out of your chair, and it's so hard to understand.

Windows isn't that bad, it's that a lot of apps will not work properly unless you are extremely computer savvy. Macs just download them and go.

I'm excited about this Google Chrome OS, I think it will blow Windows out of the water in interface, user friendliness, and stability. As I said before, it will be based of off Linux Kernel, which means this thing is promising.

11. imported_Shade

imported_Shade OMG Member

I don't even know what Linux Kernel is lol

If it's cheaper than Windows then it can probably do well

12. OP
    Wickett

Wickett OMG Member

Well for starters, a kernel is the center of any operating system. You could also call it the "core". Linux is a very well known and trusted operating system. It is used all the time for it's versatileness and stability.

Google Chrome OS is being based of Linux. They are taking Linuxs' core, and using it in the Google Chrome OS, meaning if the rest is done right, it will be a very good operating system.

13. imported_Mario

imported_Mario OMG Member

Interesting, looking forward to seeing how they pull this off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice