Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Guild vs Guild Battles In SWTOR

Discussion in 'SWTOR Discussion' started by TeHpUmKinKiNg, Jan 7, 2011.

1. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    Every MMO has guild vs guild battles these days. However, most of these battles are mundane, and stagnate. TOR has an opportunity to change that. If you were the lead at BioWare Austin, how would you envision Guild vs Guild battles?

2. suntzu

suntzu Banned Users

Threads:
    To tell you the truth i dont know how they should be like, its all just speculations if i try to say anything, and probably far from the truth. But it would be cool if it would be something along the lines of Dark age of Camelot...

3. Fyurii_oth

Fyurii_oth I Know More Than The Holocron

Threads:
    I'd liven them up in a Battlefront II-esque ship-to-ship engagement.

Guild capital ships, able to engage in battle.

Guild members taking up positions on the weapons & defensive positions on the ship.

For offensive actions, mix of the aforementioned gunnery positions and a guild ship exclusive starship that functions as a lander/spawn platform that is piloted over to the opposing ship once its shields are down, so that guild members + companions can spawn into and attack critical locations of the enemy ship.

Basically like the Warzones video we had earlier, but with attacking/defending group sizes of at least 10. It's a nice round number, and with each group member using one of their companions as well, that's an assault/defence force of at least 20!

As for the ship-to-ship part, a mix of player starships in a manner similar to BFII starfighter combat, and the capital ships in closer proximity to each other than in BFII, so that they are actively engaging each other and smaller vessels.

Player starships engaged in combat should again be no more than 10 per side, so it feels "epic" whilst hopefully minimising inevitable lag issues.

4. Jayden

Jayden I R Posting Machine

Threads:
    Having space guild battles would be so awesome. I don't think I would ever leave the game, save eating and using the restroom if they added this.

5. Bears_Krutz

Bears_Krutz Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    I totally agree, start out with a Battlefront 2 space battle. Eventually 1 party will board the ship, and the guild that was boarded has to focus all of their power to try and repel the attackers before they can launch a counter-attack.

6. Bears_Krutz

Threads:
    If they could encompass something like "planet raids" where multiple guilds from factions band together, and they go down and raid a planet. (Would be on a PVP server) They would have to take certain objectives and such in order to establish a foothold on this planet, and begin to expand their territory around it, possibly taking control of the planet. Now, if this were to happen, it would take alot of work, and would end up on a mass scale, but I think it would be pretty awesome to have the simulation of a full scale war while you are questing, raiding and group pvping. But, what they could do before that is have a planet battle, just to see if the raiding party can even make it into the planet's atmosphere.

What do you guys think?

~Bears_Krutz

7. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    Could be epic, to be honest. but there is something like it in place already, I think, with the flashpoints.

8. Deep Fried Gungan

Deep Fried Gungan I Punch Gizka

Threads:
    That would be awesome. I would play this game, for that alone.

9. Bears_Krutz

Threads:
    If none of this happens I will still be taking my guild out for guild vs guild pvp fights either with a full raid or just group fights. If you are on the Sith side feel free to shoot me a message if any of you are interested!

10. darthwelton

darthwelton Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    I think massive guild star destroyers would be awesome! I'm thinking that once you join the guild it becomes a point on your star map that you can travel to. And the guilds would be extremely customizable... like you get to choose what kind of capital ship it is, and your guild can buy better ships with enough credits. Even choose the colour, design the interior, customize weapons and other parts, have bacta tanks and beds to replenish health, and if your guild gets in a tiff with another guild you can choose to engage in battle where the two specific guild ships would actually be the ones fighting each other. When one guild finally dies they have to spend credits to repair the ship, and the winners get credits and items. With a semi complex political system where all guilds are recognized in a hierarchical way depending on total resources and members, where every guild can then form complex alliances with other guilds from the same faction (Republic or Empire).

11. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    A guild hierarchy? I could go for that.

12. Bears_Krutz

Threads:
    That would be amazing, but something tells me it would take an extremely long time to set it up. But still amazing when it comes out.

Maybe even a tournament type of system for those pvp guilds on similar servers with a bracket NCAA March Maddness type thing. Would anyone be interested in that?

13. RobinS

RobinS Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    I prefer guild battles style, you can buy superior items in your guild if you have enough credits in your acount.

I know you may spend your massive of time to guild for farming credits,right? but i think, there are another way that can help us to have a huge amount of credits by no need to spend a previous time to do farming. I've read this blog site and think It's very useful for me. There are more information about SWTOR and the review that made me know which class is suitable for my playing style.

this site is http://www.starwarstheoldrepublicguide.org hope it would be benefit to you same as I got:) gdluck<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <title></title> <meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.0 (Linux)"> <style> <!-- BODY,DIV,TABLE,THEAD,TBODY,TFOOT,TR,TH,TD,P { font-family:"Arial"; font-size:x-small } --> </style> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cols="1" frame="void" rules="none"> <colgroup><col width="194"></colgroup> <tbody> <tr> <td align="left" height="17" width="194">

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

14. Bears_Krutz

Threads:
    Would be awesome, but probably not possible...

15. Jayden

Jayden I R Posting Machine

Threads:
    Has there been any more news about guilds?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice