Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Guilds and Severs?

Discussion in 'SWTOR Discussion' started by Bears_Krutz, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Bears_Krutz

Bears_Krutz Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    Just out of curiosity, for those of you that are a part of guilds, or run them. Do you guys already know who you are going to be playing with in terms of other guilds, and do you guys know who you are going to be playing against? I am just curious if I have missed this already.. I am hoping that I have not..

2. Draconek

Draconek Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    Servers will be auto-loaded, somewhat like in Final Fantasy XI. You won't be able to choose your server. However, considering the guild portals BioWare has been allowing users to create, I'm thinking they have some way to connect the game with the guild center and sort those users onto those servers. I'm pretty sure we won't be able to know ahead of time what other guilds we will be playing along side of, or against.

3. TheBBP

TheBBP Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    My guild has not made any official allies or partners just yet. Though, we are primarily RP/PVE so that is the route we will be headed.

4. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    Yeah, the auto-load will mess this up. Pre-launched guilds will have a hell of a time re-organizing. I don't plan to join a guild until after launch, anyway. Most guilds, especially pre-launch guilds, disband. Crash and burn horribly.

I plan to avoid that, and join sides with one of the stronger remaining guilds that have similar interests as I do.

5. OP
    Bears_Krutz

Threads:
    Hmm ok.. I see what you guys mean. Well, if anyone is interested in PVP and is looking for a guild, or has one and would like to form an alliance, feel free to hit us up at Men of Valor!

6. Nelson_MD

Nelson_MD I Heart FOTOR :hugs:

Threads:
    Yeah, I run a guild...but I don't think that we will crash and burn...you just get auto assigned to a server...I don't see how that would make us crash and burn...

7. OP
    Bears_Krutz

Threads:
    Yeah, the guild that I am with is already grounded with a core group of players that play together on a regular basis. There is no possible way for us really to crash and burn.

8. Nelson_MD

Nelson_MD I Heart FOTOR :hugs:

Threads:
    Yeah...we are trying to get together to play some other games online before the game comes out...we are pretty excited! :-)

9. Jayden

Jayden I R Posting Machine

Threads:
    A lot of guilds do have short life spans.

Anyhow, I will wait to see all the classes before I decide my first class, and matching guild.

10. Deep Fried Gungan

Deep Fried Gungan I Punch Gizka

Threads:
    I know I want to play Republic- I have to go to Coruscant. It simply must happen.

Now that servers will be auto balanced, I will just join up with the guild that is the best on my server. Easy.

11. Draconek

Threads:
    This could probably make for a thread on its own, but what would make you guys consider a guild to be 'the best' right off the bat? I would assume it would take nearly a year to really be able to consider one particular guild the best on a particular server, to see how it works, how it progresses, etc.

12. OP
    Bears_Krutz

Threads:
    Player numbers, the ability of the players, PVP if they are in PVP, and raid progression.

13. OP
    Bears_Krutz

Threads:
    I was thinking of putting up a progression thread per server, or world wide so we can track each other and compare how we are doing.. What do you guys think? Server or World wide, or both?

14. Draconek

Threads:
    I'm going for both. This is also something I'm looking to track on my own site once things get up and running, and have no problems making sure that all information is transfered here as well.

15. Fectious

Fectious Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    I think The Hands of Darkness are close to submitting our affiliated guild list; both allied and opposed. This seems like a really prudent move by Bioware; acting as a centralised coordiantor, to ensure a good balance across the available servers.

I wonder whether guilds will then be given the option of being involved in the naming their designated server... Hmmm...

16. cocopara

cocopara Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    Very interesting read. I enjoyed it

17. OP
    Bears_Krutz

Threads:
    Yeah, was going to have that also on my website with pictures incase someone gets smart and challenges us that we did not kill it.

18. OP
    Bears_Krutz

Threads:
    That would be quite interesting...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice