Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Handwriting vs. Typing?

Discussion in 'Awesome Media' started by Pyro, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Pyro

Pyro OMG Member

Handwriting vs. Typing?

Do you hand write or do you type out your fast draft? For me, I'll usually type it unless I'm at school or someplace where I don't have access to a pencil/paper, in which case I'll write it out or wait until I have access to a computer :)

2. Christopher

Christopher OMG Member

I always try and use my computer. I can hardly read my own writing, I write too fast.

3. Madigan

Madigan OMG Member

Like you guys, I usually do my writing with the word processor.
    Although I always bring small note folder and notepad with me wherever I go, even if I just bring it and leave it in the car.
    Like the American Express commercial, "I never leave home without it." ;) You never know when an idea for your next line, next paragraph or next chapter for your story will come to you.
    Many times I've been out and about somewhere and had an idea for an article, or an idea for a short story. I simply get my notepad and write the ideas down until I can transfer them to my pc.

4. OP
    Pyro

Pyro OMG Member

The only place I usually go to for long periods of time in school, and usually I'll have broken my pencil in frustration by the time I get any sort of ideas. School is quite possibly the most boring place on earth. It should be dubbed "The Place Where Good Ideas for Writing Are Ripped Apart and Killed (TM)"

5. Davidk

Davidk OMG Member

Typing most definately.

6. zero

zero OMG Member

Typing. I got this journal, its the same brand that hemmingway used, but i never write in it.

7. Harlequin

Harlequin OMG Member

I like to type it out. In fact, I can hardly think unless I'm typing. Usually, though, I talk to myself about the story, acting out the characters until I come up with a story.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice