Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Hatred

Discussion in 'Gaming Zone' started by Tricorder, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    Just a warning for those who are overly sensitive and / or easily offended by a bunch of pixels "killing" each other; this video contains explicit, almost realistic violence, so don't watch it if you can't handle it.

Interesting. This game seems to draw inspiration from the Postal series of games, and takes it up to a higher level with prettier graphics and more realistic violence. Personally, I'll give this game a pass, not because of the violence in it, but because it's just stupid with no real storyline other than 'I hate this world so I'm gonna kill as much people as I can before someone kills me' crap. Plus, it uses the isometric camera angle, which is something I never liked in games.

I skimmed through the comments on YouTube, and I find it interesting how lots of people there judge and condemn those who like the game, who are interested in playing it, saying how there's something wrong with them, that they should be put in an asylum, all spiced up with a mandatory dose of mutual colorful insults, like "faggot-ass christian", "ignorant !@#$%^", etc. , all under the excuse of how violence is wrong, how killing people is a horrible thing, etc.

I wonder how many people have they "killed" in other games they played. 'Cause, when you think about it, most games out there contain some form of violence. I guess wiping out an entire city population by dropping a nuclear bomb on it in, let's say any of Command & Conquer games is fine, but doing the same with a knife, guns, rifles & grenades is not, and anyone who plays such a game should be locked away in a mental hospital. Hypocrites.  :rolleyes:

Comment made by a user called Lilith Lovett:

​ 

This. Well said. I don't see why people are getting so worked up over this game. Sure, it looks realistic, but it's still nothing more than a bunch of pixels programmed and animated to mimic the real world behavior. If you don't like it, just ignore it. Go drop nukes on cities, or whatever method of committing a virtual mass murder you prefer.  :rolleyes:

Also, this game is banned on Steam. I fully expect countries like Germany to ban it entirely from being bought in any way from any source, or at least drastically censor it by replacing humans with zombies and / or removing the blood & gore, like they usually do with games that contain even a tiny bit of pixelated violence, if they haven't already.

Of course, what better way to advertise your game & boost sales is there other than purposely filling it with the controversial crap that you know is bound to rile the anti-violence in games groups up and get everyone talking & arguing about it? Even a bad publicity is still a publicity, and as such guarantees attention.

Anyone got any thoughts about this game? Good? Bad? Worth playing? Not worth playing? Anything else? :)

EDIT: Looks like it's back on Steam due to Gabe Newell's intervention.

http://www.pcgamer.com/hatred-reinstated-on-steam-greenlight/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice