Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Have you ever played with SMF?

Discussion in 'Forum Software Discussions' started by Kesha, May 22, 2010.

1. Kesha

Kesha OMG Member

Threads:
    Have you ever played with SMF?

Has anyone here ever gotten the chance or had the time to mess around with an SMF powered forum?

I have. My experience in it is limited, and truth be told, I really couldn't find myself getting into it too much. I've experimented with it off and on, but I would definitely consider a different solution other than SMF for a live environment. Aesthetics-wise: SMF is actually kind of nice looking straight out of the box. With modifications and skinning, it can actually look like a really well done forum.

Praise to SMF for that one.

2. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Yeah. I used to run up to 5 forums on SMF, and it was nicer to use than phpBB (for me at least).

If I have to go with free forum software right now, I'd go with SMF.

3. Robbo

Robbo OMG Member

Threads:
    I have worked with SMF for about 2-3 years now. I tried other forum software when I was more 'noob' with programming. I now have over 20 SMF mods and know the source like the back of my hand, so to speak.

phpBB has some of the worst interface designs I have ever seen. Not saying SMF is that good but in admin everything is straight forward (well most things).

I also beta test for SMF2 and might be going for a dev role in SMF 3... depending on how things turn out.

Definitely the best free forum out there in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice