How to be an RPG hero!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Role Playing Games are a unique genre. With elaborate worlds, sprawling stories and large casts of characters, there are many interesting parallels to the real world. After all, it’s not easy leveling up, saving the world and getting the girl. Here are some tips on how to be an RPG hero no matter what world you live in. And with the Nintendo Switch recently being released, with an awesome version of Zelda .. I think we all love to be an RPG hero.

Play to your strengths. Min-maxing is as useful in real life as it is in games. Conventional wisdom says people should be well rounded, yet it’s the ability to specialize that differentiates us in the same way RPG classes work. If you’re good at something, it’s better to level up your best skills first.

On the other hand, learning a set of complementary skills is like a subclass, a real life character upgrade. The trick is doing the research first to determine which skills are the most beneficial. Unfortunately, the strategy guide for life hasn’t been written yet. In the meantime consider taking on some side quests.

Side quests aren’t necessarily distractions. Learning new skills is always valuable, and you never know what new paths will be unlocked. Wherever the road might lead, don’t be afraid to follow it. And don’t worry about failure; you can always repeat it or pick a different one. And for the really tough stuff you can always bring your party with you.

Never go alone. Mentors, friends, even rivals can help accomplish your goals. Finding others willing to provide guidance and support is important for any hero. And just like your standard gaming party, gather a diverse group of allies with skills and perspectives different from your own. You’ll always find new ways to solve problems and share the experience.

That’s how you get things done, hero style. Use your skills, don’t be afraid to take risks and it’s always better with friends. These three tips will help you get wherever you need to go in life, whether you’re just planning your vacation or preventing the latest apocalypse.

*hands you a sword* Here, take this..