Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

idle till you drop

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chr|stian, Apr 28, 2002.

1. chr|stian

chr|stian Guest

idle till you drop

yeeh... idle till you drop, isnt thaat the point of being on irc... got a bx client here with almost six weeks of idle time, now thats what i call sweet :P

2. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Idling on IRC?

I think that is pointless. Being on IRC and being idle is just fine. But participating in discussions is much more fun then just starting at the screen. And more to the point of being on a "chat" network :)

3. OP
    dm

dm Guest

best of both worlds

Get a bX screen (or psy) and just leave him idle

then connect a real client and talk :)

You can idle and talk at the same time

wow ;)

4. elmo

elmo OMG Member

bah

think its more important with client uptime compared to client idle time :)
    my current record is having a epic irc client up for 90 some days :)

5. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Re: bah

Actually, the server uptime is more important then the client up/idle time. :) I rather have a stable system with no reason to reboot.
    Currently mine is. And I only take it down when it has totally nothing to do anymore for more then several hours, or when I am upgrading hardware to improve its performence. I am happy :) My IRC client is loaded manually instead off on boot, as I had previously, since IRC is an almost dead place anyway. And it goes down when I am going to bed or when I am bored with chatting. Otherwise it is in the traybar .. being idle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice