Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Illustrator needed for Pokemon Manga

Discussion in 'Design Den' started by Raiden, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Raiden

Raiden The Dark In The Light

Threads:
    Hello ladies and gentleman of wherever-the-hell-you-live! 

I'm currently in the process of writing my own Pokemon manga, and my drawing skills are not what they used to be. So I decided to come back here and see if anyone is willing to help a bro out. 

I'm not very picky, but as long as the drawing style somewhat resembles that of the Pokemon anime or manga I'll be happy :D I'll give a basic description of some of the characters and see what you geniuses can do :D

So far I have nothing particular about their looks, but for the main characters I will say this: NO HATS. All the main characters have hats and I want something a little different :p

Main Characters;

Cato Balsa

Male

Personality: Calm, Somewhat friendly, but prefers to work in the Lab or read.

Appearance: Wears glasses, a brown jacket (could be a regular jacket or a blazer, you pick), white t-shirt, and black jeans, with smart-looking shoes. Everything else you can come up with yourself.

Amara Tokare

Female

17-18

Personality: Adventurous, fun-loving, highly conversational. Loves travelling to new places.

Appearance: I have nothing particular appearance-wise, but in my mind, she has a modified labcoat as part of her outfit. Maybe it's shortened to be worn as a jacket or a white sleeveless overshirt or something, entirely up to you.

Carmen Balsa

Female

Mid-twenties

Personality: Calm, Confident, always willing to help friends or family, is very humble compared to most Trainers due to her many years of experience.

Appearance: I have nothing for her, so design her how you want :) She is also the current Champion of the region's Pokemon League, so maybe have her with her 8 Badges displayed?

Corven

Male

Early Thirties

Personality: Friendly, but something of a loner. Is very mysterious and doesn't speak about himself unless absolutely necessary.

Appearance: Umm, in my mind he has a very "drifter-y" look to him. Maybe he wears all blacks and browns. He wears a black longcoat with a dark red trim that has a collar similar to the shirt Red (yes from the games) wears. Possibly draw him with shadow covering his eyes to add a mysterious feel to him. I would suggest using various fan-art of Red as reference.

I look forward to seeing what anyone has to offer :D

2. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    This guy fits your description of Corven almost perfectly:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Likes to hug random strangers just for the sake of it (if that ain't friendly, I don't know what is), mysterious, no one knowns much about him, including his name, rarely talks about himself, drifts around space and time with his companions, but in the end, always ends up alone and is fine with that, wears long trench coat, etc. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
  3. OP
    Raiden

Raiden The Dark In The Light

Threads:
    Never noticed that ;) He has a name and a whole history planned out, I'm just keeping that to myself for a later storyline :3 I never noticed the similarity though :p

4. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    Did you see this:

/monthly_07_2013/post-746-0-60680600-1375188671_thumb.jpg

It was supposed to be in my previous post, but didn't show up since I apparently linked to it from the site that doesn't allow hotlinking. I fixed it now, but in case it still doesn't show up, it's here.  :)

And I'm sorry, I'm so sorry (you have to imagine me saying that in David Tennant's voice :p ), but I just have to post this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:p :D

/monthly_07_2013/post-746-0-60680600-1375188671_thumb.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice