Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Indie Music

Discussion in 'Ear Ecstasy' started by Paradon, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Paradon

Paradon OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I am a guest blogger on a music blog and I am getting into indie music. I do like almost all types of music.

I also enjoy musicals on stage. One of my favorite performances is Jennifer Holiday's "And I Am Telling You" from Dream Girls which I am posing here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtnKI3ztz9w

2. Fetter

Fetter More fun than a barrel of STDs

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Do you mean indie music as independent music, or indie as in "hipster with an acoustic guitar playing three-chord lo-fi ballads?"

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Paradon

Paradon OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    No independent music such as Quarter Mile Thunder or Kites & Crows. If you are in an indie band pm me and if I think it fits I'll be happy to post a review for you.

4. Fetter

Fetter More fun than a barrel of STDs

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Ok, so three chord hipster lo-fi acoustic ballads.

I don't play that kind of music, sorry. At this point I'm more involved in the business aspect of music anyways. I run a record label, haven't put out any material publicly from my projects in at least three years.

But to keep this thread on topic, I've heard Strand of Oaks called "indie," same with Warpaint (and also Moonblood, Woe, Abyssmal Sorrow, Lantlos, et etc.....)

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Paradon

Paradon OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Cool! I have not been involved with the music industry personally in many years but at one time I was a second at A&M Records. I wish you success in this very hard business!

6. Adlai

Adlai OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    How about an Israeli band that's doing modern punk-style music? They're called the Reines Girls.

7. Jessi

Jessi OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I'm into all sorts of music, so yes, occasionally that means indie music as well. I don't intentionally seek it out, but I have friends who will send me samples from time to time. Sometimes they're good....and sometimes they just suck. Such is life.

8. zararina

zararina OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I also like the "And I Am Telling You" song. It was not that easy to sing kind of song and very entertaining to listen to. I could enjoy almost all types of music except heavy metal or songs with just shouting lyrics. :smoke: