• Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.18.1.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Information: 1MoreBlock and 1.18

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
1MoreBlock 1.18 upgrade information. It will soon be time!

We will upgrade in a few stages to help us do a better update and avoid days of downtime. Starting with processing our existing player data, worlds, and plugins. Another stage will be dealing with the gametypes, resources worlds, and the new Wild.

• We are testing behind closed doors for weeks already. And have a pretty good idea what is ahead of us.

• The temporary 1.17.1 resource worlds WILL be removed, these are /mine`, `/end`, and `/nether. This is your heads-up to remove any resources you do not wish to lose.

The gametype worlds (/acid, /cave, /skyblock, /skygrid and /oneblock) might temporarily not be included as we work on them. These are permanent worlds, but aren't part of our main survival. We will keep Skyblock, and Oneblock, but it's currently not yet certain if we will keep the least used ones Skygrid and/or Acid.

• The main and permanent world /legacy is still there, it's in the archives and legendary players can request access by contacting me, it's super easy to load in. We will never remove it. And it will be upgraded to 1.18.

• The current survival world /general is a permanent world, we will upgrade it to 1.18 and you indeed keep al your builds and resources on it. In fact, you will end up with a bigger base which will include the new deepslate chunks. This world will be from -64 to +322.

• At some point after the 1.18 upgrade we will be ready to slowly adjust the server to put focus on a new permanent, and additional survival world** that's fully generated with the new 1.18.1 engine. From top to bottom. **This will be the /wild. It will start small, and it will patiently wait for the 1.19 upgrade which will being the wild update and the deep dark, at which point we will expand the border to let it generate that new land.

• Yes, the /wild world will be in the same group as the /spawn world. This allows you to share your inventories with /general, and the end and the nether.** And existing groups will gain **an additional home so they can start at least one additional base in the new /wild if they want.

• I have much more to share, but this announcement is already a lot of information to deal with. If you do however have any questions we have a public #staff-hangout channel where you're free to post your questions of concerns (you can also use the forums of course).

• Oh, before I leave. We're excited to have a team of admins and helpers, developers, advisors, and testers. And we're looking forward to more players in 2022, this means we're going to be looking for more active team members (but I will have a separate announcement about this in 2022).

• And one final note. We are very excited to see we some fantastic builders on our server. We wish to invite players once or twice a month to help us make the /wild more beautiful with their creative skills. We check your awesome survival builds in /general and your creative creations in /builders. And it inspires us to ask you to help spice up /wild in creative mode.

Okay, that is the news for today. I wanted to give a heads-up that it's time to collect your resources from the temporary worlds before we at some point upgrade to 1.18. Talking about resources .. our daily advent in /santa is halfway through, it's not too late to hop on and get some of that ph4t l00t.

~ Floris

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Update:

In December we have been able to complete our testing and even upgraded to 1.18.1.

The 1MB 2.x season has now ended and season 3.x has started, a new era for our server. Welcome!

Next in the 1.18 upgrade is to remove the resource worlds and introduce a new perm /wild and nether and end dimension.