Iron Fist and the other Netflix Marvel Shows

Azhria Lilu

OMG Member
I love me some Marvel goodness. Currently bingewatching Iron Fist on Netflix and, honestly, I have to say I don't know what all the bitching from the so-called critics is all about.

I'm loving it (only have a couple of episodes left to watch). Finn as Danny Rand is great, the supporting cast are excellent, the storyline is good, the little nods toward the other shows are nice (although I have noticed that while Daredevil and Luke Cage are referred to, there's absolutely no reference to Jessica Jones).

Personally, I think it's up there alongside Daredevil. I wasn't a big fan of Luke Cage - love the guy who plays him, love the character, but I found the storyline of that so bland and boring. Jessica Jones - I'm pretty sure I only enjoyed that because David Tennant stole the show.

Now I'm just waiting on The Punisher and I'll be up in heaven!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Well, I just woke up earlier today with the iPad on my face. I had a crappy night and decided to just watch Iron Fist which I had low expectations for. I somehow watched 5 episodes, but I only remember the first one. But I know I like it.
I will probably chill out later tonight and restart episode one and get through it properly this time. Actually surprised how the character is a nice person, but I am a bit disappointed how fake his magic moves seem. It's 90% over the top, 20% would have been just fine.

Azhria Lilu

OMG Member
I wasn't bothered by the moves, I kinda expect OTT these days and nothing can top the fight scene in the corridor with Daredevil - that rocked.

Just watched the final episode of the series and I truly wasn't disappointed by it. Came away from the show satisfied, which makes me happy.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I miss watching Daredevil, I should double check if I have seen all the available episodes now.

Azhria Lilu

OMG Member
I loved Daredevil, especially season 2 but that's highly likely due to The Punisher being in it, and he's a favourite character of mine.

Can't wait for The Defenders, which is arriving in June(ish).