Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

is this really THAT unhealthy?

Discussion in 'The Sports Bar' started by lovejuice, Jun 4, 2009.

1. lovejuice

lovejuice OMG Member

Threads:

i am a long distance runner who trains 2hrs everyday and have run several marathons. i also play hockey and football (soccer). im female and almost 20. however i drink 2.5 l bottle of diet coke everyday, eat lots of fried food and regularly eat a whole kfc bucket. i also eat about 2-3 bars of chocolate a day. i wear a uk size 6-8 thats a usa size2-4. considering how much sport i do is it really that unhealthy????

2. Laura

Laura OMG Member

Threads:

would u eat buckets of grease and pounds of sugar
    for your meals?

you should learn to eat more healhier
    you will feel better
    diet coke isnt that good for u either
    maybe try drinking more water
    things that are good for u

edit: its up to you its your body and your wallet..
    me and my bf propably eat kfc once every 4 months if even..

3. MCEee

MCEee OMG Member

Threads:

Yes, it's unhealthy, whether you do a lot of sports or not. Your body needs nutrients you get from fruits and vegetables and things like that, and eating lots of fried foods is a good way to set yourself up for a heart attack later on.

4. systemofadown20001

systemofadown20001 OMG Member

Threads:

Nobody can say for sure. The thing is, what's unhealthy for one person varies widely from what's unhealthy for the next person. The truth is, nobody truly knows for sure what is healthy and what isn't for anybody, there are guidelines but that does not mean at all that that is true specifically for you. There are people who live to be 100 years plus when they are pack-a-day smokers. There was this one guy who lived to be over a hundred and his diet consisted of buttered bread and a gallon of wine a day, and that was it. As long as you feel healthy you should be fine. Scientists are no closer to discovering true guidelines to health than they are to predicting the future.

5. michaelbruce1

michaelbruce1 OMG Member

Threads:

because you burn so much calories training thats not the unhealthy part of your diet. its all the chemicals, sugars, sweeteners, colorings and preservatives thats the unhealthy part! youll be working your liver overtime as it will be trying to get rid of all this from your body.

if your going to change your diet dont go do it all at once. make little changes like drinking half a litre less of coke a day and eating a chocolate bar less a day and replace them with something healthier.

also eating healthier will improve your athletic performance.

6. Barry23

Barry23 OMG Member

Threads:

I'd agree with the other answers, if you think about it your body has to repair itself with this junk food, it may be o.k to eat like this at the moment but as you get older this type of eating will catch up on you.

7. nerovega

nerovega OMG Member

Threads:

right now your body can take it cause your still young but if you dont change the habit soon than when you older that habit will catch up to you and the weight will start pouring on
    just my thoughts

8. tongyun

tongyun OMG Member

Threads:
    Yup, it's unhealthy. But the way you are exercising right now has a lot to do with the fact that you aren't storing all that as body fat. Once you stop all of the running you are doing, you might end up gaining weight quickly. If you take care of your body now, you'll be much happier with yourself when you are older.

9. andrew25

andrew25 OMG Member

Threads:
    I guess you have to regulate your food eating habits. There is nothing wrong in adding little amount of junk foods to your diet however you have to restrain from eating too much of them as whatever exercise and healthy stuffs you practice it would eventually ruin your health.

10. mvanderwal

mvanderwal OMG Member

Threads:
    The thing with the high calorie high fat food is that it definately replenishes the calories in your body that you have been using when so active. However, you could be missing out on tons of vitamins and nutrients because of your poor diet that could put you at risk of injury/illness. Plus - just imagine how much better your performance could be if you fueled the fire properly!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice