Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

JediTank Official Guild - Now Recruiting!

Discussion in 'Korriban Guild Collective' started by Draconek, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Draconek

Draconek Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    JediTank | Star Wars: The Old Republic

About

http://www.jeditank.com has finally opened the doors on our official guild. Due to lack of creativity and by suggestion, the name of the guild is...JediTank. Ironically enough, the guild will be Sith based on a PvP server (if you catch my failed sense at irony).

The focus of the guild is simple. Clear content and enjoy the multiplayer aspect of the game to the fullest. The website is based around class mechanics, and we fully intend on investing in this guild to discover the formulas involved to maximize your character potential, as well as develop strategies to benefit your flashpoint and PvP experiences. That being said, it should be fairly obvious what we expect from our guild. That's not to say we are particularly hardcore, or even elitist, as we want to enjoy the game just as much as you do. What we want is to get through content at a reasonable pace and enjoy the game as much as possible, making our jobs a lot easier and more fun to do.

While we aren't registered for roleplay, that doesn't mean it isn't enjoyed or even encouraged. We'd prefer to not to let RP get in the way of progression or get between those members who might prefer to NOT RP, therefore the idea of scheduled times for sessions with more hardcore RP'ers seems like a popular idea.

While we do have the JediTank guild registered with Star Wars: The Old Republic for recruitment purposes, we prefer all guild communication be taken care of on the official forums. Until the game is released, I've decided not to create any special guild features such as forums for the guild only (not saying you can't sway my decision), so feel free to use the forums at your disposal, and to discuss guild matters within the Guild Integration forums until further notice. The forums are set up with quick Facebook integration, so anyone with a Facebook account is two clicks away from being registered and ready to post. Website activity will be encouraged, but not required.

Structure / Policies / Loot Distribution

I'll leave this short for now and expand as the time comes. In terms of structure, I'd like to incorporate the typical council system. An odd number of council members will take the democratic method in recruitment, policies, and overall organization. All I can say now is, be civil and respect your fellow guildmates (unless of course we are in an RP session ;) ), have fun, and allow everyone else to do the same.

In terms of loot, it's highly debatable that methods such as DKP can be insanely corrupt. The best system I've used in the past would be a Need or Greed Call system. In other words, when an item is ready for looting, the groups leader will call need, and anyone who needs the item can call for it and roll, followed by greed, which will leave the item for anyone to roll to sell.

Conclusion

In order for the guild to make it through pre-launch, we are required to have 4 members pre-order a copy of TOR. I've already mentioned previously that we will be giving out a copy through a contest, and while that winner might not be within the guild, that doesn't mean I might not reserve another copy for a semi-guild exclusive contest.

2. Bears_Krutz

Bears_Krutz Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    Looking forward to hopefully meeting you guys on the field of battle!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice