Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Kindred - Revenge is only the beginning

Discussion in 'Korriban Guild Collective' started by DarthNelos, Aug 13, 2010.

1. DarthNelos

DarthNelos Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    Kindred Syndication

A Quick Recap: Three years have passed since the Ghost and his small band defected from the Republic and created the Syndicate. Comrades of the galactic war, our leader and the men who followed his orders once fought defiantly against the Sith Empire alongside a small Jedi academy known as the Chatos Academy. Struggling against the odds, our efforts were buried by the wave of onslaught following the Emperor's forces. Passion gave way to hatred as we lost many of those we cared for, and our methods of battle took a different turn. The Ghost, a strong-willed warrior teetering on the edge of mental unstability was unable to accept the terms of defeat, and sought a means to turn the tide. Those who followed his command were also fed up with their losses, and willingly followed him. Ghost declared that in order to protect what was left of the Republic, we would have to turn towards unconventional warfare. The Jedi fell to the corruption of the Dark side and basked in the power born from their hatred; the Republic commandos brought in credits to fuel our newfound efforts through Bounty Hunting, and the Smugglers that followed us became Agents. The Syndicate was born!

We turned to the slums for recruits first, enlisting those who were caught in-between the throes of chaos and felt powerless; former intelligence operatives, brokers, and discharged fleet commanders alike were supplied with means of striking back at the Empire who brought this war from the slumbers of Deep Space... And at the Republic responsible for abandoning them. The founding members of the Syndicate held a meeting amongst themselves and came to an accord that it would be in their better interests to continue operating from the shadows. They continue still to enlist the most promising of any species that may arise, talent and potential matched only in the faction's want by unswerving loyalty to the Kindred. Secrecy, however, remains their foremost weapon. Neither the Empire nor Republic could be safely made aware of the organization's existence.

“Revenge is the ending of wrath, the beginning of peace. Only in vengeance can peace exist. They fear us, and rightly so. We shall be their doom, and they know it. You too shall be feared, should you be found worthy. Resolve your heart; if you fail, you will die with honour. You have seen far too much to turn back. Come."

Quick Facts-

Guild Type: RP-PvP

Allegiance: Sith Empire

Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone

Leader: Nelos

Council: Navad/Ehoc/Eket

Recruiting: Yes, though selective.

Classes/Races: All

Vent: None at this time.

The Welcoming Committee!

It's been a full year since the Kindred Syndication was founded. In the beginning it was just myself, but in a years' time I have recruited some of the best help and loyal members that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. We were not a pre-established guild like a lot of those you have seen here, and we didn't have a fancy website like other guilds. However, what we did have was a unique backstory and structure to make our guild distinctive from the rest; which was more important to me as a guild leader. Now we have a pretty hot guild site if I don't say so myself, and our backstory and structure has become fleshed out more with each day that TOR comes closer to being released.

About us

This community was created with the intent of establishing a heavy Roleplaying/PvP guild, unique in regards to the others out there. We are a criminal syndicate, a group, of brigands if you will, with a political agenda to mannipulate all sides of war for our own personal satisfactions such profit and more. You may think of us as mercenaries, as we choose no sides but our own, but the line of comparison ends there. We were good men once. Good men who faced devastation and lost it all. Our motives were to defend the Republic using whatever means necessary, but that led to our fall to the Dark side. Now we will rise to become the true sovereigns of the Galaxy, although our business is conducted in the most discreet fashion. The world is our stage, and we are the puppeteers manipulating the strings.

What’s in a name?

Kindred was chosen for a few reasons in particular. For starters, there’s a nice ring about it. One that projects a mysterious sense of strength. More importantly, however, is that the name was chosen for its meaning. Kindred means family, and that is something we strive to be. In the mist of battle and chaos, you must be able to rely upon your comrades - and a guild that works together as a family advances further in the end. Therefore it is a meaning we place heavy emphasis on, as the guild concept is very much like a brotherhood.

What games does Kindred focus on?

Kindred is a pre-game guild for SW: The Old Republic and TOR will be our primary focus.

You Mentioned Unique Back Story?

Indeed I did. I borrowed the concept from a friend of mind who use to lead a neutral guild not unlike a secret society. They were the group that remained in hidden in plain sight; sparking guild wars between rivals, manipulating politics - my friend loved to stick his hand in other peoples cookie jar if it meant the guild would benefit from it. If you would like to read our backstory I encourage you to visit our website, but the short and sweet version is that the Kindred Syndication is led by a dark Jedi (not a Dark Lord or Sith Master, just a roguish individual) who nobody, save for the council, knows. Our primary goal is to subtly gain control over the Sith. Does that sound like a good challenge?

Aside from asserting control, what are your goals?

The first and foremost goal we have is establishing a heavy roleplaying community. Having fun is a top priority for any guild, and our vision is not so much different. So together you can expect to see numerous events that center around good ol’ fashion, “Ahr Peez!” Funerals, campaigns, sabotages; all possible manners of events shall be created. Of course, setting new standards for PvP recognition on our server through Roleplay is one of our many goals as well, and likewise for achieving server firsts such as raid content clearance, etc.

So if you’re not already an Uber 1337, what can I expect from your guild?

That's a good question, and I'm glad you asked! You can expect everyone else (they being the competing Sith guilds, that is) to unknowingly bake us cookies, while we achieve most of the server firsts. Lol, on a more serious note, the list below are just a few things you can expect from joining our Syndicate.

*A respectful and helpful community of gamers dedicated to aiding only themselves.

*An active web base and forums.

*Experienced warmongers to group with.

*Events to maintain morale and encourage activity.

*Website contests & ingame contests.

*Dedication to all aspects of gaming (PvP, PvE, RP).

*A Ventrilo server for future Raids (coming soon).

Alright, lets talk structure

Kindred utilizes a very unique structure that you will not find in any other guild. Like most of the guilds created, we do have a Council system of three members - all of which serve a different branch of the guild - that the Ghost (Guild Master) listens to. However, to recreate the feel of a real society, the Guild Master can be challenged for his position. There are several prerequisites that must be met before one can challenge the Ghost, and there are three methods by which the leadership can be fought for. All of this is not to create chaos in the guild, but rather to simulate the leadership in what would be a secretive society of the Sith Empire. Furthermore, our members are broken up into three divisions and lead by members of the Council to make it easier to outfit everyone for battle.

What setup do you have for ranks?

Our Hierarchy falls in this order, though if you want to know more about them you'll have to visit my webpage to read more.

* Ghost

* Council

* Harbinger

* Vanguard

* Neonate

And then of course I will add some side ranks just for fun, which members can get through particular achievements. Those are still in the works, however.

Conclusion

So, have I interested you yet? I hope so, because there are a lot of appealing guilds out there for the Sith. So if you're looking for a Heavy RP guild that focuses in Player vs Player combat, you'll find plenty of clan and server wars with us. You can find our website in my signature below.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
  2. JNA17

JNA17 I Tame Rancors

Threads:
    very nice site, good job

3. OP
    DarthNelos

Threads:
    Thanks! It's still a work in progress, but we're all satisfied with it for the moment. ^_^

4. OP
    DarthNelos

Threads:
    I'm proud to announce that we have our first recruitment video! Let us know what you think.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YlAhRe-6_Q&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice