Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Lightsabers finally looking pretty good.

Discussion in 'SWTOR Discussion' started by darthwelton, Apr 7, 2011.

1. darthwelton

darthwelton Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    In the Jedi armour progression video released not too long ago, I was watching and realized that the lightsabers actually looked quite good. We were all hoping that they would make them better, but never knew for sure. I'm specifically talking about the blade... it is now almost perfect size for the game. The hilt on the other hand is still a little chunky, but I would still be happy if this is what we got on launch day.

Tell me your thoughts.

2. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    I have to agree- the blade isn't ridiculous anymore. And, yes, the hilts are still murder on the eyes. The are f'ing horrible.

Still, like you said, I could live with it- I'm just not too keen on having a bunch of Sith with blue and green lightsabers. The colors should be faction-restricted.

3. OP
    darthwelton

Threads:
    I think the colors are faction restricted, but not class restriceted (Thank God). I thought in the beginning that if you're a consular you get a green blade, gaurdian blue blade. But my hypothesis is (partially based on a recent interview) that you will be able to have either color from either side ei. blue green for jedi, red yellow for sith. (HELLS YEA YELLOW!)

4. Deep Fried Gungan

Deep Fried Gungan I Punch Gizka

Threads:
    Heheh. For Sith, I would think Red, Orange, Purple, and Yellow. Jedi would be more of a Blue, Green, Purple, and Cyan.

5. OP
    darthwelton

Threads:
    oh yeah I forgot Sith Inquisitors were shown with purple too.

6. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    I'm of the opinion that Sith should have red, and only red, lightsaber blades.

7. OP
    darthwelton

Threads:
    I can understand where you are coming from, but at the same time who's to say that there wasn't those kind of colors of lightsabers back then? Not to mention that sith grew their crystals and could choose any color they wanted, but usually just stuck with the red as a discrace to the Jedi. And also not to mention that it makes sith players more customizable... I know when I play a Sith character I dont want to just be stuck with red... because then everyone is the same. I'm not saying go overboard but red purple and yellow... or what ever color that one lightsaber is in the Jedi armour progression video.

8. Bears_Krutz

Bears_Krutz Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    Ugh, and light saber color was the only thing that helped me tell them apart in the movies....

9. OP
    darthwelton

Threads:
    I can't tell if your joking Bear_Krutz.... If you are, then I just seriously don't understand how that could be... but on the other hand I'm pretty sure your joking, lol and yes agreed... if your being sarcastic that is haha.

10. newbie87

newbie87 Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    ya..awesome lighsabers

11. Bears_Krutz

Bears_Krutz Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    Lol, confusing.. yeah, I was joking

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice